Sign in to follow this  
Pippin

"Can you just have a little word with him about his behaviour please?"

...........................Hey, there's an idea!!!! Why didn't I ever think of that one!!!???

:crying:

I hate that phrase as much as its inevitable predecessor...."Can I have a quick word please?"

This was after rehearsals for the village nativity play today......I actually replied that I couldn't...it doesnt work. ...and if they dont want him in it then that's fine.....the poor guy was a bit taken aback.

Why does no-one else even try to understand? (outside us lot, that is)

[sarcasm]No, everyone who ever says that is perfectly right - all any disabled person needs to do is just 'pull themselves together' and they'll be fine[/sarcasm]

Honestly, what planet do these people live on? :angry:

Perhaps the little word you could use back at him could be 'tolerance'?!

I hate these phrases so much I started a thread on them recently.

I used to know a vicar's wife in a very posh area, and every year in the runup to the nativity they used to tell parents that the kids were welcome to dress up appropriately for the service: shepards, wise men, etc. And every year the parents brought their little darlings as Bob the builder, postman Pat, etc. Ha ha.

Edited by zaman

Hi,

Grrrrrr :angry: . How many times have i heard that one before? The other one that gets me is "You have to tell him that it's not acceptable to hit you". Doh!

Loulou xx

Now I am defo not on this persons side who has said this, .....

but I do on occasions have had chats with J about his behaviour,

last weekend he was a wirl wind and into everything, I sat down and later explained to him what kinds of things he did and why now been a tall nine year old its not really something to be doing, and to act more sensibily and I dont know why but for J it actually worked,

J is probably older than yours but I dont think at the end of the day its unreasonable to have a word with our children, if their behaviour is somewhat considered unsafe or risky, Js Is always these, so often have to tell him, how else are they going to know what is right and wrong.

JsMum

The trouble is I seem to be spending most of my life "having a little word with him" and getting nowhere. My problem is with people who think they've come up with a good idea that I've (fairly obviously to them) never considered myself. :wallbash: P seems to be able to remember things we said to him in jest years ago....but never the stuff we actually WANT him to remember.

The trouble is I seem to be spending most of my life "having a little word with him" and getting nowhere. My problem is with people who think they've come up with a good idea that I've (fairly obviously to them) never considered myself. :wallbash: P seems to be able to remember things we said to him in jest years ago....but never the stuff we actually WANT him to remember.

That made me smile. We do talk to B about her behaviour, over and over and over etc.... in some cases!!!!

However, ask her to wear her hood up when it's raining and she can't because someone once told her it was lucky to get dripped on by the raindrops!.....at least this time I wasn't the someone :D