Sign in to follow this  
cmuir

SO HAPPY - BOUGHT NEW HOUSE WHERE KIDDO WILL BE SAFE

Finally done it! ... Got a new house after 11 months of searching. It's been soul destroying in terms of searching for properties and then waiting for a suitable house. We put offers in for 4 properties and missed out on them, despite offering �92k more than the offers over price.

At present, we're surrounded by morons who think it's okay to be rude to a 5 year old little boy who has AS eg on a couple of occasions, Robert asked the neighours very nicely what they were doing. The response was "going to the moon!". I was livid. Other neighbours kids try (because I keep a very watchful eye and am fiercely protective!) to bully him and take great delight in watching Robert standing howling. There's been a whole catalogue of things. Whilst I realise the world is full of people who are like that, I really hope that we're moving to a better place.

The garden is amazing. The house has a sizeable walled (7 foot high!) back garden. At least I'll know I can nip for a wee or a cup of tea without dragging Robert back indoors with me. I'll know he'll be safe. One of the first things I'll be buying (as promised!) is a trampoline and a tree house.

I told Robert yesterday and it's difficult to know how he's going to take to the change, but we had a look through the Next directory and he's chosen some nice things for his bedroom - he wants space rockets, etc!

I'm so happy.

Caroline.

Oh the pleasures of moving house...rather you than me :devil:

You know that it'll all be worth the effort though and in 7 or 8 years you'll be able to look back and maybe not get woken up by nightmares :lol:

Oh, well done Caroline, that's great news, so glad for you. I know how soul destroying and depressing it can be to have bad neighbours, it can really make you feel like a prisoner in your own home. I really hope that your new place brings you all a great deal of freedom and joy. :P>:D<<'>

Best of luck with the moving process. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Congratulations on finding your new home. I hope it'll be a much nicer and happy place for you all. We moved here last summer and it's so much better. Good luck with the move.

:thumbs::clap::clap::bounce: By the way, trampolines are great, you won't regret it!

Congratulations and well done,

I moved to a better enviroment two years this May and we are very happy, J has a garden and its essential I think when you have delightful engergetic children, the trampoline will bring you both a lot of joy and laughs as I have no daught you will be jumping for joy next week on it both going mad. ( do invest in a good quality one though, I wished I had, we are getting a new one soon)

I love tree houses, dens there great, J has a shed and loves it, its his space, he has a sandpit inside it and in the summer its getting kitted with bunks for sleep overs.

I understand the difficulties you have had with neighbours sadly we have it even where we are now but its improved over time and we just ignore them now and J plays happily in his garden.

Anyway whens your houseparty?

All the best and have lots of fun in your new home.

For the preparation I am sure there is some good osborne charachter books that represent moving and what it can be like, I think the charachters children get a trampoline and a swing.

Its going to be a very good spring and summer holidays for you this year and years to come.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

I am so pleased for you i hope it all works out well. You have had a lot to deal with and maybe now you will have peace of mind.

good luck :lol:

opheila