Bagpuss

Ladies...beware the wax

:oops: Why oh why oh why does something look like a good idea and sounds like a good idea.....and then turns out to be horrendous :(

Don't know about any of the other ladies of the forum, but since hitting my mid thirties, I could probably grow a goatee to rival DH's given time ...yes, its true.....it's falling out of my head, but growing else where :ph34r:

Sooooo, I have a moochy round the shops, not wanting to start each day with a shave, and find myself in the hair remover and waxing section. I hadn't realised there was SO much available......must be a common problem :blink:

Then I spots the sensitive facial wax strips...looks simple, effective and long lasting :thumbs: Of course I knew you could wax other parts (not even going there :sick: )...but not your face surely.....but you can :blink:

So I get kiddies to bed and scoot upstairs, and start applying wax strips to top lip, chin etc etc. DH decides to come upstairs to find out whats wrong after the first howl.....and finds it hysterical to find me stood with tears in my eyes, face full of strips :shame: I had accidentally got one stuck to my lip and another stuck up one nostril :tearful:

They don't work properly...leaving hair behind....so I try again :tearful: and again :tearful: and again :crying:

When I noticed blood on the strips I knew I'd tried too much :oops:

I had to go to bed smothered in nappy rash cream.....dd asked why I looked like father christmas :(

Woke up this morning and I look like I've had a facial peel.... :whistle:

I'm off out this morning....to get the best a man can get....my waxing days are over :banman1::banman:

Anyone recommend a nice aftershave? :whistle:

Oh Bagpuss :lol::lol: I know exactly where you're coming from!! :o:ph34r::ph34r: I've tried them as well and they leave horrendous red, cracked-up skin don't they, hardly an improvement! Have you thought of getting it done professionally at the beauty salon? Not as expensive as you'd think, quick and pain-free, just pop in once every six weeks or so and you're sorted! :dance::dance:

Keep applying that nappy rash cream! :o

~ Mel ~

:lol::lol::lol: I tried some facial hair removal cream once, that left my face red and sore rather like nappy rash! :lol: Things we do in the name of vanity! :rolleyes:

:lol: Oh I am sorry you did make me laugh !!! It was the picture in my mind of all the nappy rash cream round your face.....and your DD think Christmas had come early !!!!!

Good luck with your quest for a more gentle way to remove the unwanted.

Clare x

a man definately invented them facial strips to get his own back on women :devil::devil: i think any type of waxing is incredibly painful and horrific :crying:

im trying to pluck up the courage(get it!! :lol: )to get my eyebrows done,hair removing cream no good,i think men have it so easy :devil::devil:

Perhaps you should try to find out who makes Elton John's hair restorer! That seems very effective as a delapitatory deprophylactic dispro.... remover and you don't see him walking round with a Mr Whippy e45 topping do you?

You could try drinking whisky at bedtime and see if it comes up half-cut... six o'clock shadows gotta be better than the full goatee, hasn't it? :devil::devil::lol::o

L&P

BD :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Brought tears to my eyes reading your post, Bagpuss, how painful. :o I didn't even know you could wax faces.

On the subject of facial hair - I have to make a beard for tomorrow: my son wants to dress as Dumbledore for World Book day. So if any of you have any excess facial hair - send it this way. :D

I'll be doing something with cotton wool and elastic, not quite sure what yet. :huh:

K x

:lol: Oh Baggy!! The thought of you with strips all over the place.. :lol:

Really needed a giggle today :D>:D<<'> :lol:

Can't think of anything worse that waxing your face!! I can do legs and eyebrows (hev....take a painkiller 40 mins before you get it done, takes the pain away :D failing that - give it a go after the next night out, you won't feel a thing :lol: ), i once considered 'other' areas :sick: (for hols..) but was too shy to get it done and chickened out :rolleyes::ph34r::lol: .

You have my full respect :notworthy::notworthy: I'm waaayyyy to scared to try it meself - i always go to the salon (daaarling.. :curlers: ). You HAVE to be brave then...people are watching :ph34r::lol:

This so reminds me of the time me and my mate decided to wax our legs. To cut a long story short I had to wear trousers for a week or more until the hairs grew long enough for me get a pair of scissors behind the blessed strip and cut it off my right shin and wait for the left shin to heal. :lol:

Tilly

Had a planned day out with mum today......she turns up, takes one look at my face and says "what the heck has happened to your face, its red and that bit there looks swollen" (the swollen bit is where one of the strips got stuck to my upper lip :tearful:) ......tried to explain the logic behind the waxing....she sits and listens, frowns, and says "well.....your dad was very hairy too" :o:wacko::lol:

Edited by Bagpuss

think now ive heared all that i will just plait :lol::lol: cant deal with pain!! have to shave have more leg hair than the partner. in the winter i cant be bothered to shave as much, keeps me warm :lol::lol:

i dont shave at all in the winter :o dont care whether nick likes it or not,im past the stage where i make an effort :D actually i stopped making an effortafter about the 3rd date :D

I have two huge cuts on my legs waiting to heal from the last time I wielded the razor - don't half hurt. :crying:

Just thankful it's not summer and I can cover them up! :rolleyes:

K x

i dont shave at all in the winter :o dont care whether nick likes it or not,im past the stage where i make an effort :D actually i stopped making an effortafter about the 3rd date :D

Ahhhhhh, that explains those annual Yeti sightings around the medway towns!

"Mary Mary quite contrary

How come you're so very hairy?"

And as she grabbed him by the throat

She whispered 'It's my winter coat'..........

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad

your lucky this yeti dont live too near you baddad as you would be grabbed by the throat on a daily basis :devil::devil:

i had given up being nasty to you for lent but you pushed me too far calling me a yeti,my lent is over :ninja::star::lol:

ooooooooooooooooooo can sympathise!!!! :whistle:

there is one you can get that doesnt come on a strip, you warm it up, slap a bit on, wait for it to set, then rip it off....it does bring tears to the eyes :tearful:

lucky old nick i say :dance::dance::dance:

when we first met i was nine stone,used to wear trendy clothes,my house was spotless every time he came round,i made out i was very good at managing money,he found out he wasent when he paid off all my catalogue debts otherwise baliffs were coming round :o im now no longer nine stone,my clothes consist of black leggings and t shirt,my house looks like a tip most days,so as i say,lucky old nick :lol::lol:

I get mine plucked now. Every three weeks I turn into Brian Blessed and have them professionally tweezed for a tenner. She does my 'tache as well.

Tell you what, there's nothing more undignified for a woman of a certain age when yer beard hairs start coming in grey. Like it's not bad enough.

Hugs to you Bagpuss, hope you've recovered from the experience now!

Karen

x

Tell you what, there's nothing more undignified for a woman of a certain age when yer beard hairs start coming in grey. Like it's not bad enough.

If the beard is bad, the moustache is a lot worse!! :lol::lol::lol:

C.

Oh dear, I was beginning to have thoughts about this too, think I will wait and see what consultant says when I go back to him. Apparently there are meds/creams you can use to at least stunt the growth.

If you don't want to bother with waxing but have darks hairs there is always bleach ya know. I know when I was at uni I had a friend who was Asian and she had, not meaning to be cruel, like sideburns of hair and was quite dark over her lip but she used to use a bleaching cream and it really worked. I presume you can get special sensitive cream for the face, I dunno, never looked to be honest, never waxed either. The size of my legs I'm presuming there aren't enough wax strips/wax in the world!

Plus I remember as a child my mom did the unthinkable and got her armpits waxed, I learnt how to swear using every single expletive there is that day and she walked around like some kind of monkey for the rest of the day not being able to put her arms down by her sides :lol:

Emily

xxx

p.s. the trick to stop partners from taking the mickey is to keep one strip back and stick it on their legs/arms when they're not looking....whose laughing now eh!! :D

Did anyone read in the paper this week that scientific tests have shown that drinking two cups of mint tea a day reduces hair growth in women??!! I'm just off to Tesco to get meself some mint tea, see ya later! :lol::dance:

~ Mel ~

Did anyone read in the paper this week that scientific tests have shown that drinking two cups of mint tea a day reduces hair growth in women??!! I'm just off to Tesco to get meself some mint tea, see ya later! :lol::dance:

~ Mel ~

Yes - but sadly only on the scalp - everywhere else it doubles! :devil::devil::devil:

Long black hair all the way down her back...none on her head, but...... :whistle::whistle:

Yes - but sadly only on the scalp - everywhere else it doubles! :devil::devil::devil:

Long black hair all the way down her back...none on her head, but...... :whistle::whistle:

............ just popping back to Tesco to return these ten boxes of mint tea, bought in error!! :o

~ Mel ~

wat on earth am i gonna do with a cupboard full of the stuff??????? maybe i could sell it on ebay! :lol::lol::whistle:

Drink it anyway and give us a full report on the effectiveness of the study in a few weeks. :lol:

~ Mel ~

Reading that I think I can finally understand why people think it is an okay event to do for charity. I always thought it sounded a bit easy in the past.

p.s. the trick to stop partners from taking the mickey is to keep one strip back and stick it on their legs/arms when they're not looking....whose laughing now eh!!

I'm worried that I'm going out with a sadistic person in Newcastle though. :unsure: Please don't bring any waxing stuff. :) LOL

Edited by David Matthew Baker