hev

my positive thread

Thanks people, I'm very pleased as well!

Especially as the Bs were subjects that she's not keen on, Geography and Art. Well, she loves drawing and designing. She's just not interested enough in other people's art to excel in it as an exam subject!

And Geography is about mountains and rivers and rocks, which is B's sort of thing, so not her line either.

little un took herself to town on the bus and back

in one piece :jester:

:clap: :clap:

I've finished writing my sub-chapter so I can go on holiday next week without feeling quilty :)

Where are you going?

Mull, Iona and Staffa

Never been away by myself before and don't like public transport, so I thought I would just try a short trip away from London - not too far!! :wacko::lol:

Mull, Iona and Staffa

Never been away by myself before and don't like public transport, so I thought I would just try a short trip away from London - not too far!! :wacko::lol:

Ooh nice. You can go to Balamory!

Ooh nice. You can go to Balamory!

I am!!!!! (On Wednesday - have eveything planned down to the last detail!!! :lol:)

Say hi to Miss Hoolie for me :D

To my great sadness, my kids were a little too old for Balamory so I'd no excuse to watch.

You'll have to take a random course at uni - everyone knows students get to watch all the best programmes!!!!! :lol: :lol:

You'll have to take a random course at uni - everyone knows students get to watch all the best programmes!!!!! :lol: :lol:

People who work part time don't do too badly either - I had quite a thing about David Dickinson at one stage :ph34r: and he's apparently a student icon, they had a lifesize cardboard cutout of him in S's Halls! :lol:

My ds2 recently got Direct Payments for a helper to take him on outings, like to do sports and practise some social skills. Her CRB (police etc) check came back a day or two ago and so at last he can go out alone with her! He went yesterday and it all went well. I sent her to the computer games shop with him to choose some games, I thought that would start their relationship off well. WHAT a relief to hand over that particular job for once! :dance: He can easily spend a few hours in there, inspecting every single game in the shop in great detail.

Its going to make a massive difference to us, best thing that's happened in years!

I am!!!!! (On Wednesday - have eveything planned down to the last detail!!! :lol:)

Hi mumble,if youre in balamory on wed,we could meet ,i live on mull and will be in tobermory on wed .

My ds2 recently got Direct Payments for a helper to take him on outings, like to do sports and practise some social skills. Her CRB (police etc) check came back a day or two ago and so at last he can go out alone with her! He went yesterday and it all went well. I sent her to the computer games shop with him to choose some games, I thought that would start their relationship off well. WHAT a relief to hand over that particular job for once! :dance: He can easily spend a few hours in there, inspecting every single game in the shop in great detail.

Its going to make a massive difference to us, best thing that's happened in years!

:thumbs: great news Lynda, long may it continue.

Say hi to Miss Hoolie for me :D

To my great sadness, my kids were a little too old for Balamory so I'd no excuse to watch.

katie loves balomorey,especially edie macreedy,get a signed photo for me if you can mumb :lol:

Had a lovely evening out last night with local ASD support group. Unfortunately eldest dd became ill as soon as we got to the first roundabout, and they had to stop the coach and let her and DH off, so they could run to the nearest supermarket for the loo :oops: Youngest dd had a fab time. The group had booked a huge soft play centre to themselves, with party food, face painting, etc. Youngest dd was literally bouncing off the walls with excitement, and kept saying "I've been invited to a party....I've been invited to a party" :wub: When we were dropped off at the pick up point, I drove us both back home, and she was so full of chat, holding on tightly to her party bag and balloon. I'd also painted her face while we were there, and she was constantly checking her face in the window, to check her love hearts and glitter were still on. She piped up with "When I grow up, can we be friends Mummy?"......of course I said, what do you think we'll do when your grown up?.........."Have long chats and do important things" she said :wub::wub: "What important things will we do?" I asked her..................."Push trolleys" she said :lol::clap:

:wub: Baggy, you're little girl is gorgeous! :D

M made me laugh today. We had to pop into the hospital pharmacy to collect his melatonin, and had to sit in the waiting area for 15 minutes or so. A dwarf (really sorry if that offends :unsure: can't think of the PC term :unsure: ), came in and sat down. I spotted M looking - and had one of those 'Here it comes' cringworthy moments......... :pray::ph34r:

M wanders over and says. 'Hello, you're little. ( :o ) Did you grow down instead of up when you were a boy?' :wacko::o

Thankfully, the guy laughed and as i was waiting for the ground to open up and swallow me, he turned to me and said 'Great kid you've got there - at least he's original!' :lol:

I had a quick chat with M about being polite - and M says 'Eh? I said Hello'

:rolleyes::lol:

Never a dull moment...................

my positive today is that my 10 year old neice staying for couple of days and she brilliant with katie,i dont even know i got katie when shes around :thumbs:

I'M BACK!!!!!!!! (What do you mean you didn't notice I'd gone :huh:?)

I have had the most super duper fantastic wonderful brilliant great enjoyable fun (and a bit scary) peaceful quiet relaxing busy interesting holiday ever!!!! :thumbs::thumbs: But, best of all, I did it all by myself and didn't have anyone to help me with anything (aside from Pearl's packing advice :lol:) - me who's not great with trains managed a bus, a train, another train, another train, a ferry (really enjoyed that) and another bus (plus assorted other buses, boats, small floating dingys and lots of walking), coped with staying away somewhere by myself and eating healthily (lots of fresh seafood), plus lots of fresh sea air, walking, even tried sailing and I survived the whole thing with no disasters at all. I don't know if it was the different place and so different people but I actually found that I could ask for help and that people were willing to take the time to help me. It's given me so much confidence in myself and in what I can achieve.

I've always said, way way back even before my diagnosis that I was going to move to the outer Hebrides. Well the Inner ones will do fine!!!! Really did not want to come back today (long, long, journey) - would have quite happily stayed and tried to study long-distance :) I'm going to go to the outer Hebrides next time :)

When I work out how to do the photo thing I'll but a selection of my piccies up.

WOOOHOOOOOO, we've missed you! >:D<<'>

Welcome back, & sooo glad it went well, been thinking about you all week.

How was Balamory?

My postive - I learned how to post a link ALL BY MYSELF, go check it out its awesome B)

I'M BACK!!!!!!!! (What do you mean you didn't notice I'd gone :huh:?)

I have had the most super duper fantastic wonderful brilliant great enjoyable fun (and a bit scary) peaceful quiet relaxing busy interesting holiday ever!!!! :thumbs::thumbs: But, best of all, I did it all by myself and didn't have anyone to help me with anything (aside from Pearl's packing advice :lol:) - me who's not great with trains managed a bus, a train, another train, another train, a ferry (really enjoyed that) and another bus (plus assorted other buses, boats, small floating dingys and lots of walking), coped with staying away somewhere by myself and eating healthily (lots of fresh seafood), plus lots of fresh sea air, walking, even tried sailing and I survived the whole thing with no disasters at all. I don't know if it was the different place and so different people but I actually found that I could ask for help and that people were willing to take the time to help me. It's given me so much confidence in myself and in what I can achieve.

I've always said, way way back even before my diagnosis that I was going to move to the outer Hebrides. Well the Inner ones will do fine!!!! Really did not want to come back today (long, long, journey) - would have quite happily stayed and tried to study long-distance :) I'm going to go to the outer Hebrides next time :)

When I work out how to do the photo thing I'll but a selection of my piccies up.

course we noticed you had gone >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> glad to have you back :thumbs:

How was Balamory?

Great!! A really lovely village - I thought it would be too touristy but it seemed to have managed to avoid this (Iona was the only disapointment for being too touristy - yet this is billed as the quiet tranquil island - maybe I was just unlucky). Miss Hoolie wasn't in, but I did see her house. The coloured houses and shops looked great in the sun - just the right brightness. I spent a full morning there then went sailing in the afternoon which was absolutely brilliant and something else to cross off my to do list - plus my skipper gave me ideas about leaving London and finding somewhere quieter (as he had done).

woohoo for the great Independence :notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks Lya - it really has given me a huge amount of confidence and helped me to understand exactly what I find difficult - I didn't have any problems till I got back to the noise and people on Euston station - and that's where the crux of my difficulties lie.

My positive for today - Great meetup and I have another froggie for my collection - I'm calling him George - he's my hippy frog!!!!

I'd like to add that my positive for the day was the meet up also :thumbs: it was a pretty mini meetup, but really nice to meet both Mumble and Kateball >:D<<'>

It was the first time I have ever arranged such a meeting and I was really glad I did!

And 'George' the frog.....he is truely a 'hippy' frog if ever there was one :)

Hopefully more can make the next one in this part of the world >:D<<'>

As mentioned in my other thread had a great time in Kenya. Was nice to see all my friends in Kenya. Ihogo has a new born daughter. Probably about a week old now. (Have a picture when I get around to uploading a load and get a copy of the discs.) Everyone was pleased to see me and the school is progressing well too. I start my teacher training tomorrow and also there are two possible matches for me with respect to befriending with NAS. As normal I seem to be going for the everything at once approach. I think I'm ready for the start of the course tomorrow though. :)

Been away to visit friends this weekend, and had a wonderful time! Have come home to a peaceful house, as DH has taken all three kiddies to a Haven site in the van till tomorrow. How can an empty house fill me with so much happiness! I've just burnt my first disc with music I've downloaded months ago (one of my friends showed me how to do it over the weekend). So chuffed with myself, being a complete technophobe, and I'm happily playing my music because youngest dd isn't here to scream "turn it off"! I popped into my sisters on the way home, she lives about an hour and half away, and we had lunch together. My mum is back from being abroad for 5 weeks, so I'm going to see her in the morning before DH and kiddies return, and I'm so looking forward to catching up with her. I've got a lovely tub of Cookies and Cream icecream, and Corrie and X Factor recorded to watch later...............ahh, bliss.

David & Mumble , lovely to hear the hols went well :thumbs:

Also smashing to hear the New Forest meet up went well too :thumbs:

glad you had such a good weekend baggy :thumbs: an empty house is heaven isent it,havent had one for a while but when i do its heaven :thumbs:

Guest Lya of the Nox

today we went a wandering round the shops :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

meggzie has a plan for her room and it is gonna look soo goood

and we got pizza and "rubbish tv " tonite

:rolleyes:

I'm forcing myself to have a positive despite everything else. Just been to see the halls manager - she hasn't been suckered in by disability witch and was really nice and helpful as I sat there shaking and trying to speak. I only went to pay my hall fees, but she without being asked took me to see my new room I move to on Friday/the weekend.

It's a building site at the moment, but I could see what it will be like. They've really thought about my needs :thumbs: . It's on the top floor so no noise from above, females only, large window for natural light, same furniture I had before, it's on the end so there's no one next to me on one side so less noise, it's got a blue door :thumbs:, it's as far away from the kitchen as you can be so I won't be bothered by cooking smells, no where near the smoking area, they're putting up a white board and planner so I have more control over my days, and they've even said if I find it difficult for any reason that can be accommodated better in another room they'll move me. :thumbs:

Great news Mumble :thumbs:

We had a lovely weekend away in Lancashire. Stayed at a site near Longridge and took youngest dd to Camelot for her 7th birthday. She is a complete adrenaline junkie, and shows no fear. There were warning notices about the large number of wasps, and boy, were they right! We were harrassed by them continually, and DH and I had a little domestic when he was targeted by a particularly aggressive one. He howled, shouting he'd been stung, and I ran off while he was shouting "get it off me, get it off me" :shame: , and then he was stung again :oops: Won't/can't repeat the language when he finally caught up with me :whistle:

We went to Blackpool that evening, and visited some old haunts.

Following day dd spent her birthday money, and we took her swimming on the site, but she cut her foot on glass in the swim area, so we brought her back. It's healing fine thankfully. Lifeguard panicked, unsure what to do, lots of blood :rolleyes: Dread to think how he'd cope if someone was actually drowning.

On the way home yesterday, youngest dd kept asking if we were in Skipton yet. Every two minutes :wacko::hypno: When we asked why she wanted to know, she said "Skipton is Bad" ...........she's never been before :lol: Then apparantly Harrogate was relegated to the Bad Town League aswell :lol: Every so often, her and eldest dd would shout "Biffa Bin".......they have a soft spot for them, and youngest dd was really hoping for one for her birthday :blink:

Edited by Bagpuss

My meeting with my supervisor which I was terrified about earlier was absolutely fine - good in fact. He was lovely :wub: and really seemed to understand why I had found the conference so difficult :thumbs: , particularly from a sensory perspective and he understood my difficulties with disability witch (who, yet again, managed to cause me problems today :wallbash:). It's just a shame there aren't more people like him in the world.

Awww, glad it went well Mumble. He sounds like a good bloke.

Baggy, you were only a few miles away from me at Camelot! I have spent more childrens birthdays there than I care to recall :ph34r: