hev

my positive thread

And I forgot to add my positive for yesterday:)...went out with J to the shops..he decided he wanted to get dad no.1 some beer for his birthday pressie :)..so we got the one called 'tiger' J liked the name of that and I know my ex likes it.

Then went to J's fav cafe with him where he had usual 'dinosaur' meal and milkshake :wub:

It was only a couple of hours...but it was a very nice couple of hours :)

Number one son's sense of humour......

I found a writing pad he'd been doodling on last night, and he'd scribbled

"Please kill me" (one of his many quotes from the Simpsons, not a cry for help!)

so I added:

"OK - do you want me to do it quickly or slowly?" and left it on the table.

This morning he had added:

"About averige (medium speed)".

I particularly liked the brackets! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D

:lol: Medium speed! :lol::notworthy:

Got a note shoved at me yesterday.......

'Mummy can i hav a banana plese'

I'd told him not to interupt me while i was on the phone :rolleyes::lol:

Still :wub::wub::wub: special school. Staff and students are so welcoming. Though a few didn't know quite what to do. Give them plenty of notice that I coming and still I don't think half the staff were warned let alone the students. Had various staff double take at me before asking what I was doing there. One of the students seemed very pleased to see me but went into overload if I actually spoke to him. Others just wanted to know all about what I'd been doing. The one I used to get on best with was out most of the day so didn't see him for long but when he did see me he came and put an arm round my shoulder and told me how much he'd missed me. I know it is genuine too as staff had told me in the past. I can safely say he is one of the few year 9s I've ever got on particularly well with. Other one was my AS lad from my mainstream school but that took a lot more time to develop. Me and this lad have always just been particularly compatible. I'd missed him too so was nice to see him and hear how he was getting on. Head now knows I've done a 5 day intensive TEACCH course. Actually he said some of the upper management are down to do one early in the new term. Was a little suprised I think by the fact I'd done it but agreed it would help me get into the type of school I want to in the long term. :) Certainly should be convincing him just how keen and commited I am. Staff were all really friendly too. Went out with them after school but was driving hence on the main competition of :pepsi:. They seemed to recon there isn't much point doing a SPELL course. Had wondered about doing it once I have some more money. Seemed to recon something like PECs would be a lot more useful. All in all was a great day. Will miss them next year (at least a lot closer so hopefully will have more chances to pop over). Pity I'm not already qualified as there was a job available (sort of is - they didn't manage to get anyone). Technically in maths though as a scientist I could manage that I'm sure. Would have been slightly difficult as student I get on well with is one of the members of that class. Can't wait till I next visit. Sorry rather pleased with day (always love going - also as they had a disco saw most of the other students I worked closely with - most remembered me) and bouncy. Not helped by amount of coke I've drank. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

(Got to go take Larium (anti mallerial) as have forgot so far. Will be right back.)

(Got to go take Larium (anti mallerial) as have forgot so far. Will be right back.)

Don't ever forget it David, you know what Malaria is like, and that you never really clear it from your system.

:shame::shame:

Don't ever forget it David, you know what Malaria is like, and that you never really clear it from your system.

:shame::shame:

Our doctors had a nurse die from it a few years back so are particularly strict on it. Only forgot it this morning so still upto date. Luckily where I'm staying is actually above the level malaria occurs at. That said Nairobi used to be and now days it is near the border between where it is and isn't. Also occasional cases of malaria do happen above this level. That said still plan to take it all the time I'm out there. On Larium as it is the most effective for Kenya. It is finally begining to dawn on me how close the trip is now. Think my day at special school forced it home a bit as knew they weren't far apart. Hopefully someday they'll develop a succesful vaccine against it. :)

Just watched Bjork DVD 'Volumen'

How can you not feel positive about life after watching Bjork?

All that flapping, all that raw emotion, all that 'otherworldliness' - totally, utterly fascinating! :)

"If you ever get close to a human...."

Nature is ancient, but always takes us by surprise

And happily off to the land of nod goes BD - sleep tight, everybody peeps :lol:

Have worked very hard this week. Now going to do some ironing! Sad or what! :whistle:

I will be doing ironing today too I reckon, but watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer as I do. (Now that makes me sad...I have the entire collection and watch it on a continuous loop now and again. Now on series 3 of 7...)

ddh

It is so peaceful here...unheard of :dance: Both dd's happily swopping pokemon cards, dh at work, ds still at sleepover from last night, guinea pigs happily munching cherry tomatoes.......have been brave and put a bid in on a holiday on the auction site, and have a watch on a few others...............wonder where we'll end up this year. I never thought I'd try a summer holiday again after last years disaster. :D

Tea time today.......eldest dd AS 9 says to me " J (youngest dd, 6 ASD) is really fussy isn't she mum"......before I could answer she said "you must get really stressed.....I feel sorry for you" :lol::lol::lol:

Of course eldest dd isn't fussy AT ALL :whistle:

My teacher stare still works (although using it in the middle of a supermarket ain't so good :oops:)

I'm off to the ARC tomorrow (might need it in this weather :lol:)

My university let me down again today with the support (evidence :devil:)

I made an appointment with a dentist . . . :(:tearful:

I have Monster Munch for tea :lol::eat::eat1:

Mumble...fantastic news u booked a dentist appt! - well done you :notworthy:

Let us know when it is so can send you lots of positive thoughts to distract you :rolleyes: (T.pots, muppets, 'Lee' :whistle: )

My positive is had a really nice evening with j and hubby last night, we watched 'Nanny Mcphee' and J loved it! - so did I as it happens..had a nice happy ending :)

Also...I told J today re the appt with Psych on Weds that we have to go see a special doctor to talk about dyslexia, and how he's finding school/general etc etc and he didn't bat an eyelid! - so...fingers crossed I get him through the door:)

My teacher stare still works (although using it in the middle of a supermarket ain't so good :oops:)

I'm off to the ARC tomorrow (might need it in this weather :lol:)

My university let me down again today with the support (evidence :devil:)

I made an appointment with a dentist . . . :(:tearful:

I have Monster Munch for tea :lol::eat::eat1:

Well done you :notworthy: I love MM, especially the pickled onion flavour :wub:

My positive for today........... 3 days into the summer hols and I'm still sane :thumbs:

I've had a really wonderful day today :thumbs::thumbs:

I went to the ARC this morning and they paid me for my time which I wasn't expecting. Well, that remained in my pocket for all of 20 minutes until I hit the second hand book shops and the ice-cream seller!! :oops::eat::lol: I found a quiet spot to sit and read outside the Wren library on the banks of the River Cam under a huge weeping willow - blue skies, fluffy white clouds, sunshine, lapping water and the occasional punt - beautiful :)

I went round some of the colleges and two wonderful churches in the afternoon. Something about that city justs feels right to me and I never feel uneasy there like I do in London or other cities. I have an ambition now; I know where I want to be in 5 years time. I guess I'd better start working even harder :):unsure:

Ooh mumble we've been thinking of Cambridge for our 30th wedding ann. in Sep - but was thinking, hmm, floods, fenland, good idea, no? Maybe Edinburgh better? But youve really made me want to go, reading your post. Whats the ARC?

Ooh mumble we've been thinking of Cambridge for our 30th wedding ann. in Sep - but was thinking, hmm, floods, fenland, good idea, no? Maybe Edinburgh better? But youve really made me want to go, reading your post. Whats the ARC?

It was lovely - and it's been lovely every time I've been - in the rain, in quite deep snow and today in glorious sunshine. Edinburgh is also good through - particularly if you go to the museums (free) on the outskirts that many tourists don't get to - the museum of scotland and the royal museum (very traditional) are both fantastic. Also if you have the stamina, a climb to the top of Aurther's Seat is worth it for the amazing views (although take the well trodden path, not the straight up the steep face not-path I chose!!!) :lol:

The ARC is the Autism Research Centre - it's where SB-C is.

Ooh mumble we've been thinking of Cambridge for our 30th wedding ann. in Sep

Well if you do go to Cambridge, I hope your anniversary is early September before the freshers arrive and create havoc! :lol:

Ooh right, did you get his autograph? :lol:

Yes we'd be there well before the delinquents students arrive, its mid Sep & we did Oxford at the same time a couple of years back & it was empty.

Have been to Edinburgh before, you are right it is gawjuss but fancy somewhere new to us. Would REALLY like to go to Venice but will be only 2nd time we've left JP so would like to be reachable.

I've had a really wonderful day today :thumbs::thumbs:

I went to the ARC this morning and they paid me for my time which I wasn't expecting. Well, that remained in my pocket for all of 20 minutes until I hit the second hand book shops and the ice-cream seller!! :oops::eat::lol: I found a quiet spot to sit and read outside the Wren library on the banks of the River Cam under a huge weeping willow - blue skies, fluffy white clouds, sunshine, lapping water and the occasional punt - beautiful :)

I went round some of the colleges and two wonderful churches in the afternoon. Something about that city justs feels right to me and I never feel uneasy there like I do in London or other cities. I have an ambition now; I know where I want to be in 5 years time. I guess I'd better start working even harder :):unsure:

Sounds wonderful Mumble :thumbs:

Guest Lya of the Nox

glad you had a good day mumble

sounds like the money was well spent

books and ice cream :thumbs:

nice to see you have something to look forward to also

>:D<<'>

We were watching 'The Day After Tomorrow', the film about ecological disaster, storms and ice age.

At one point, the son of the hero is trying to phone his dad in a flooded building with the icy waters rising.

His dad tells him to stay put, 'And I will come for you.'

So B turned to me and said, 'That's what you would do. You will always come and get me, whatever happens' So we watched the freezing storms and the glaciers descend on New York and the father trekking through the dangers.

And when I went upstairs afterwards, I saw a stout grey-haired school teacher in the mirror.

But B sees....Lara Croft :D

And he's right. There isn't a flood or a storm or an ice age that could stop me.

We were watching 'The Day After Tomorrow', the film about ecological disaster, storms and ice age.

At one point, the son of the hero is trying to phone his dad in a flooded building with the icy waters rising.

His dad tells him to stay put, 'And I will come for you.'

So B turned to me and said, 'That's what you would do. You will always come and get me, whatever happens' So we watched the freezing storms and the glaciers descend on New York and the father trekking through the dangers.

And when I went upstairs afterwards, I saw a stout grey-haired school teacher in the mirror.

But B sees....Lara Croft :D

And he's right. There isn't a flood or a storm or an ice age that could stop me.

That made me laugh, & go all gooey, all at once.

I have just been speaking on the Wright Stuff programme!! About Scouts! I was the only caller to get through! :)

Then I still have to pack!

Well done you! :thumbs:

Now go & pack!

My supervisor and tutor are being just brilliant with all the difficulties I'm having getting support :notworthy::notworthy: My supervisor didn't bat an eyelid (have I got that phrase right? :unsure: - I'm working through learning them since I liked llisa's 'chocolate teapot' so much) when I broke down in tears in his office earlier because of everything that's going on.

Also means I have to be in uni tomorrow which means I'll be close enough to mount an attack on Bard as she gets the choccy pancakes!! :eat: I'm reckoning a Tarzanesk leap out of nowhere as the man's handing over the pancakes should send Bard and others flying to the side just enough for me to jump up and grab the pancakes before abseiling off the bridge into an awaiting speedboat and making away with the stash :lol: :lol:

I'm still having a lovely chilled out time :thumbs: Can't believe how different it is this year, and how calm youngest dd is :wub: Had a teeny weeny incident at an eco friendly touristy place today. Both dd's playing on the tractors, and this group of four young boys were swearing whenever they weren't in earshot of their mums :rolleyes: Youngest dd thought they were her friends too, and began to follow them around, much to their horror, and then two of them began to call each other D**kheads.........dd thought it was fab, and began shouting "Come on you d**kheads, lets go" :o:lol::lol: I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh about it, but the boys faces were a picture...they couldn't believe she was so brave :ph34r: Quickly took her off to the compost cave and we had a chat about naughty words :shame:

Sorry...did I say positive......all going well so far.............SCRAP THAT.....................

Eldest dd's sleepover tonight has ended disastrously........her friend has gone home :tearful:

DD tearful, in our bed, and has also lost her new Pokemon DS Game :(

Please send all spare and unwanted chocolate supplies to Chez Baggy........I'm gonna need them :crying:

Guest Lya of the Nox
Sorry...did I say positive......all going well so far.............SCRAP THAT.....................

Eldest dd's sleepover tonight has ended disastrously........her friend has gone home :tearful:

DD tearful, in our bed, and has also lost her new Pokemon DS Game :(

Please send all spare and unwanted chocolate supplies to Chez Baggy........I'm gonna need them :crying:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

xxx

Thanks Clare and Lya >:D<<'>

All good again here. Found eldest dd's game in her trouser pocket, just about to go into washing machine :rolleyes: My mum has taken both dd's out for the day, so they are really excited, and I'm going to drag ds off his puter and out of his room to show him what daylight and fresh air feels like :devil:

dd has just had a phone call for an interview at our local supermarket, I've been nagging her for ages to get a part time job because at 17 she's getting expensive to keep and she should be saving for uni. Fingers crossed

dd has just had a phone call for an interview at our local supermarket, I've been nagging her for ages to get a part time job because at 17 she's getting expensive to keep and she should be saving for uni. Fingers crossed

Keeping everything crossed summertime. JP LOVED his christmas supermarket job.

My positive thread is

Thank God its Friday, :notworthy::groupwave: :groupwave:

Awesome weather on the way and catching up with some friends for lunch. :D

We have had a burst of warm weather pushing the temps up to 22 in winter. yayyyy.....

Need a swim :notworthy: I love swimming, come on spring. Only just over a month away. My favourite time of the year.

F :D

I have just bought a sparkletastic handbag (purple crushed velvet with beaded and sequiny flowers) for only �5 in the sales, reduced from �24!! :o:clap:

Lya, Smiley and Lozza...you'd lurve it! :devil::dance:

Boho :clap:

Edited by bid