hev

my positive thread

I have just bought a sparkletastic handbag (purple crushed velvet with beaded and sequiny flowers) for only �5 in the sales, reduced from �24!! :o:clap:

Just the one? :P

K x

With a little help from my mousey friends (you should have heard the loud girls squeal!! :lol:) I've had the kitchen to myself and been able to eat in peace. Unfortunately the rat man is coming tomorrow to deport my new friends to mousey heaven, but I'm thinking of getting some rubber mice and leaving them in the kitchen about ten minutes before I want to cook - that should clear the room nicely :devil: :devil:

Thats great news summertime :thumbs:

My new washing machine arrived!!!!!! Am now making inroads into the mother of all laundry baskets.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

I am THE best mummy in the world.

Took little monkey (should probably stop calling him that soon - he's up to my shoulders already.........) to see the new Transformers film :robot: . Then we had a very relaxed meal out - where he recited the two-thirds of the film back to me :wacko: (why can't he do that with his times-tables??).

Transformer has been his obsession since he was three - his eyes were soooo wide, he was siting on the edge of his seat, and just kept saying 'Woooowwwww!' :wub::D . Though he did also keep mentioning (bit too loudly :whistle: ), that they hadn't quite got the colours right on most of the transformers.....................

I'm a lucky mummy - my babby boy is lovely :wub:

(Ps - Bid, ohhhhhhhhhhh! Where did you get it from????!!!!!!! :thumbs: )

(Ps - Bid, ohhhhhhhhhhh! Where did you get it from????!!!!!!! :thumbs: )

Amazingly from a very sensible shoe shop starting with 'C'!! :o

Boho :dance:

Glad LM lurved the fillum :D

Edited by bid

I went to London with my 16 year old Goth computer nerd and had a fantastic time!

It began not so well with clothes shopping round Covent Garden...but she's not a Monsoon, Next, FC or East kind of person. So we gave up and watched the street entertainment and ate icecream.

Then we ambled up to Leicester Square, because we had tickets for Spamalot.

And she discovered...CHINATOWN!

Now I love Chinatown, and am fascinated by all aspects of China, but she doesn't like chinese food and the last time she came it was New Year 5 years ago and very crowded.

How time flies when you're ancient!

One of her areas of interest is Japan, and there were several places stocking Japanese stuff as well.We spent hours there, she left with black silk tops, trousers, black velvet shoes, T shirts and a bag.

And Spamalot was fabulous!

Then we wandered down to Westminster Bridge and ate pancakes, and caught a fast train home.

No abseiling/parachuting pancake thieves disturbed our slurping, and we've become very skilled in the art of controlling melted chocolate fall-out, so no mess either.

She's still asleep, my creature of the night. And I'm really happy.

Bard I think our daughters were seperated at birth :o our latest bunny had to be black to go with the whole goth thing :robbie: and nearly all her friends on myspace are random japanese people she's found. she wants to do japanese studies at uni (oh and she's been begging me to take her to see spamalot too but the funds arent available :( )

No abseiling/parachuting pancake thieves disturbed our slurping

Oh, I was watching, I was watching :ph34r::ph34r: ... You were too expectant though and that's hardly a good basis for a 'surprise' attack. Next time ... (And if you could also coordinate your next pancake slurping with high rather than low tide, that would be appreciated). Had the planned attack gone ahead I would have had to jump a good 6 feet from the end of my rope into the awaiting speedboat and this wouldn't have been good for my precious, precious cargo.

Glad you both had a good time - I'm off back to being a helpless individual now :(

Bard I think our daughters were seperated at birth :o our latest bunny had to be black to go with the whole goth thing :robbie: and nearly all her friends on myspace are random japanese people she's found. she wants to do japanese studies at uni (oh and she's been begging me to take her to see spamalot too but the funds arent available :( )

She's teaching herself Japanese, and Spamalot was what she wanted instead of a 16th birthday party.

She was 16 in May, so she's waited quite a while for the treat.

G draws a lot on Manga websites like Okaki, and likes the fruitsbasket series. She's going to 6th form in September; Maths, Further Maths, Computing, English Language and Drama/Theatre studies. I think she's wonderful, even though we have little in common!

If your daughter is anything like mine, then you are a lucky woman.

Ah Bard glad you enjoyed 'Spamalot' you lucky so-and-so.

Positive: managed to log on to here and post for the first time.

Half my new bathroom looks gorgeous - the half that has run into problems is not so good :(

Summertime, huge well done to your dd :notworthy:

We have spent a lovely afternoon at a garden party for SN kiddies. Youngest dd had her faced painted like a Dalmation dog :wub: Luckily the sun held out just long enough and we all really enjoyed ourselves :D

Edited by Bagpuss

Ah Bard glad you enjoyed 'Spamalot' you lucky so-and-so.

Positive: managed to log on to here and post for the first time.

Half my new bathroom looks gorgeous - the half that has run into problems is not so good :(

It all depends which half. I mean, I don't mind having to WASH in a bucket, but...

You could always tell YS that it's part of an authentic medieval experience. He could wear his chain mail and hang his coat in the guarde robe. And as for bathing, once a year at Lammas is enough for a knight.

It all depends which half. I mean, I don't mind having to WASH in a bucket, but...

You could always tell YS that it's part of an authentic medieval experience. He could wear his chain mail and hang his coat in the guarde robe. And as for bathing, once a year at Lammas is enough for a knight.

YS is away at Nana's... we have loo AND bath but need floor covering;hand basin and showerscreen.

Louise

Went to Dundee and managed to get DD school shoes AND school skirt (with only one minor tantrum by DD)

Did have to play the 'Autistic Card' in BHS to get a member of staff to help us. DD had a fixed idea in her head about buying the 'twin' skirt to the one she has outgrown. BHS came up trumps - in the end. :thumbs:

Louise

I am a wonderful and selfless parent!

I took both of mine to see the new Transformers film. :sick::hypno:

And despite the fact that it was too noisy, very little plot. and had one Very Rude Bit :o I didn't fall asleep or leave. I may have had my eyes shut for some/most of the time though.

Next week...Harry Potter. :D

And despite the fact that it was too noisy, very little plot. and had one Very Rude Bit :o I didn't fall asleep or leave. I may have had my eyes shut for some/most of the time though.

Poor you. I hope you had popcorn or sweeties to make it go quicker :eat::lol:

I'm going to see the Simpson's movie on Wednesday if I get my assignment finished in time. Hoping to see it at the IMAX, so it will be huge Homer!!

You are very brave. :notworthy::notworthy::hypno::hypno:

I'm hoping to get away with dropping my two at the cinema and wandering round the adjacent shopping centre while they see this one.

Harry Potter was great though - you'll love it! :thumbs:

K x

I had a magnificent day yesterday, loads of driving practice. We planned to drive up to Corbridge for the car boot, mostly for me to get practice. Except when we got there it wasn't on because the field was waterlogged. So I parked up nice and neatly (honest), phoned my sis and said we'd be calling in for a cup of tea on the way back. Then drove on to Hexham for a wee (necessary) then back to Gateshead. Stopped to see my sis who I haven't seen in months, then pootled around Gateshead a bit till we got home. Then we went to the park for an ice cream and I parked neatly again. Starting to really enjoy this!

Best of all, J has calmed down loads after those last few disastrous weeks in school, and yesterday he achieved a Level 1 all day for anger management (that's a Yoda, for those who don't know). Very calm and sensible.

So I'm a proud mummy, and I can drive as well. A fab day.

Karen

x

sounds like a great day karen :thumbs:

Im off to the shops, met a nice lady at a wedding on saturday who works for a local mobile phone shop, she says they can buy me out of my present rubbish contract and put me on a new one with unlimited texts and more minutes, so I get a new phone too :D

best of it is she's giving me her staff discount too so should be quids in :D :D

I braved the horror of me in a cossie and took kiddies swimming :sick: I think I deserve triple virtual hugs and chocolate for that one :lol:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

. . . Sorry, I ate the choccy :eat:

Bard :lol: - you needed to take my little monkey to transformers with you - i didn't catch much of the film either - i was too busy watching him :wub::wub: his hands were flapping so hard, i thought he might take off! :bounce:

Got some :thumbs: and some :tearful: .....

:thumbs: M is really looking forward to playscheme tommorrow (just hope they like transformers :hypno: ).

:thumbs: He has been a delight all hols

:thumbs: My doggy has had the thumbs up from vet (v poorly recently).

She may be 13, and on her last legs - but she's still a happy thing.

:thumbs: My bro is going to look after my mum for a bit.

:tearful: Still no-where to live, was supposed to be out of here last friday (im squatting?? :blink: ).

Council are waiting for landlord to get a court order.......

:tearful: Results are in from the puffer fish edema (which is still there :sick::crying: ).

Kidneys v poorly, liver v poorly. I am, quite literally, falling apart.

Think those transformers have any spare parts? :unsure:

"AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH Mumble is after the chocolate again."

Louise

She can afford to be, for she is a young, fit and active Mumble who can walk for miles at speed.

Chocolate holds no fear for her, unlike those of us who have become increasingly spherical and unhealthy under its influence.

Sad how the years of chocolate gobbling suddenly slam-dunk one after 40. :tearful:

How can something so innocuous be so heavy?

Ooohh just had a thought. Summertime, if calories are afraid of heights, will they jump out of me if I stand on the fridge?

Off to experiment.

If you feel a small earthquake in the South East, that'll be the calories leaping to safety.

Edited by Bard

If you feel a small earthquake in the South East, that'll be the calories leaping to safety.

And there was me thinking it was students slamming the doors.

Sad how the years of chocolate gobbling suddenly slam-dunk one after 40. :tearful:

Well I have years of choccy eating ahead of me then . . . :whistle::whistle::devil:

Ooohh just had a thought. Summertime, if calories are afraid of heights, will they jump out of me if I stand on the fridge?

Off to experiment.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it :o :o

Oh dear Bard, they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and I fear i havn't yet taught you the ways of the complicated atom which is the chocolate calorie

yes indeed they are scared of hights and will jump to safty when placed in high places, but once inside a confined space ie the humble Bard. they will cling in great numbers to the nearest thing available and their favourite place is the hip area, where it will taking nothing short of a miracle to remove them :tearful:

Edited by summertime

Oh dear there is no help for me .

Do you think the stairs at Elcho Castle ( http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/pert...stle/index.html ) will help scare them away - perhapes the Casle has a ghosy, you never know..... or will that make those calories cling on even tighter?

YS is supposed to be going to Elcho Castle on August 11th with the Young Archeologist Club and I'm not sure whether I'm suppose to be going or not.

Louise

Oh dear there is no help for me .

Do you think the stairs at Elcho Castle ( http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/pert...stle/index.html ) will help scare them away - perhapes the Casle has a ghosy, you never know..... or will that make those calories cling on even tighter?

YS is supposed to be going to Elcho Castle on August 11th with the Young Archeologist Club and I'm not sure whether I'm suppose to be going or not.

Louise

Oh, how can you not want to go? I'd gatecrash.

I was told that parents were always welcome, but that any who insisted on answering the questions and trampling on YACs would be made to wait outside.

"All YACs come with me" he said.

B stayed exactly where he was.

" I'm not a yak, what is he talking about?"

We've even started building up our own excavating pack now...4" trowel. kneeler, wet wipes, hat, suncream, toothbrush..flapjacks.

Essential for the young Archaeologist they are.

Edited by Bard

I expect I'll be going - it'll depend on what else I'm suppose to be doing (Madam's gymnastics don't restart until the 18th) AND whether there is space in the mini-bus.

See what is happening closer to the time.

Louise

Hurray for chocolatey ovaltine when you cant sleep.................LOL thats my positive for today. (its 245am)

Plus I'm going away for a few days in a few hours. Maybe i should start packing?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SV :robbie::robbie:

*chocolate rule number 14 (this one probably doesnt apply to mumble ;) )

there is a correct wayt o eating chocolate and this shouldnt include getting melted chocolate on your fingers, this is a sure sign you are not eating it quickly enough ;)

*chocolate rule number 14 (this one probably doesnt apply to mumble ;) )

there is a correct wayt o eating chocolate and this shouldnt include getting melted chocolate on your fingers, this is a sure sign you are not eating it quickly enough ;)

I can honestly say I've never found that to be a problem :eat::lol:

Having a smashing day again today. Upgraded the fishtank yesterday, and now the two goldfish are living in luxury. Asked if I could buy a shrimp, but pet shop said no, only for tropical tanks :( Went out today and bought another goldfish to console myself :thumbs: Took the girlies round the charity shops, and they've come back loaded down with their spoils....and bought them a fudge donut and a second hand gameboy game each as a treat :D I've got a lovely chicken salad sandwich...now how healthy is that :thumbs: ..........so I guess the vanilla slice afterwards won't really matter will it :lol:

The sun is shining too B)