hev

my positive thread

Guest Lya of the Nox

go all postives :notworthy:

elun :wub:

it the weekend, and i have a list soo long,

but i happy

x

Winter must be coming, because my robin is back! It always makes me smile to see him on the back fence while I'm at the computer, so that's my cheery positive for this morning!

Oh, and J has done all his weekend jobs PLUS his literacy homework (creative writing, for Gawd's sake), and it's only 11.30am!!

Karen

x

Had a lovely golden October day out at the coast. Warm enough for T shirts & ice cream. Watched the vicious gamesmanship of the Crown Green bowlers, then home for steak pie & Robin Hood. 13 weeks of Guy of Gisborne to look forward too :wub:

Last night at work I had to put together a cardboard display unit for some scary green halloween cakes. It was like one of those contraptions from a Swedish furniture store that rhymes with "idea." The instructions may as well have been in Japanese, and the pictures had been copied so dark you couldn't really see what the little man was doing. I got paper cuts all over my hands (stung like hell when I ate my crisps) and every time I got one shelf in the right place, another one popped out. And when I put the cakes on it, the stupid thing is the wrong size, too wide for 2 rows of cakes, too narrow for 3 rows. How silly!

I'm ever so proud because it took less than an hour!

My positive is that this week I have gone for three runs, after a long, long break. Two of them I didn't get a headache afterwards so I feel more optomistic about it. :thumbs: Yesterday I splashed out on some super duper extra cushioned running shoes, they cost �99!! I never, EVER spend money on myself, I feel quite decadent and very naughty!! I'm going to break them in tomorrow, wish me luck!! :o

~ Mel ~

Cheers guys! :D

Yeah, but Bagpuss, think of all the miles I'd have to run to run off that chocolate!! :o

Have no fear, I go nowhere without my trusty Shock Absorber!! :bounce::lol:

~ Mel ~

I think you mean.... :bounce::bounce:

:lol:

D'ya know what, I was just coming back in here to do that!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Great minds.........well, I think it's great! :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Yesterday I splashed out on some super duper extra cushioned running shoes, they cost �99!! ~ Mel ~

I'd be careful there: a mate of mine had something similar on when he ran the marathon... he had a blow out on a hairpin bend, spun out of control and crashed into the side of the St Johns Ambulance Brigade refreshement tent.... they're still finding bits of tea-urn shrapnel in his... ahem...

(rectum?)

(wrecked 'im? it damn near killed him... Boom Boom!)

�9.99 for a pair of trainers - i never pay more than a fiver! ;)

L&P

BD

Oh - almost forgot my positive:

I was a bit tied up yesterday so #1 son had to tackle his maths homework sheet alone... He had a couple of answers to finish off toninght so I saw the finished article for the first time.

At the top it had (name and).... Date: 'Unknown'

Then later there were two questions which asked him to show working out...

What is?......

How do you know?......
'Because I just know'

What is?......

How do you know?....
'I just do'

Finally, scribbled on the bottom, 'Dear dad - the 3 qustions with no awnser. I need help.'

dat's my boy! :D

Popped into DIY store to stock up on my varnish (going through a scary amount) and blow me, there's a JD 2008 calendar next to the till :wub:

Have spent a lovely half hour filling it in, staring at the handsome man himself, and feeling all lovely and organised :thumbs:

Taking dd1 to the horse of the year show because her main interests are horses, dogs and cats. Watched a video of the finale it was breath taking :thumbs: So dd2 doesn't feel left out I'm working on taking her to a certain chocolate world in Birmingham as that's her most favourite thing :clap:

I'd be careful there: a mate of mine had something similar on when he ran the marathon... he had a blow out on a hairpin bend, spun out of control and crashed into the side of the St Johns Ambulance Brigade refreshement tent.... they're still finding bits of tea-urn shrapnel in his... ahem...

(rectum?)

(wrecked 'im? it damn near killed him... Boom Boom!)

Oooooooooo, sounds nasty! :lol:

No skidding for me, though, had a nice little run in my super duper new shoes. Have a super duper headache now, but I'm ignoring that! :ph34r:

~ Mel ~

DH has just gone to buy me a cross trainer..... :thumbs: thought it would be fab to hang my washing on... :lol: and I've told him to make sure he buys me a tub of cookie and cream ice cream on the way home :devil:

DH has just gone to buy me a cross trainer..... :thumbs: thought it would be fab to hang my washing on... :lol: and I've told him to make sure he buys me a tub of cookie and cream ice cream on the way home :devil:

:lol::lol::lol: that's exactly what I use mine for.... hanging the washing on !!!!! soooo glad I am not alone

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63

Did a school trip on Monday, no-one got lost, sick on the coach or fell into the moat.

Did a parents' evening today, no one got cross, shouted at me or thought I was lying when I told them the truth.

Well done Bard - that deserves a pay rise!

I've cooked dinner (spag bol) and it's only 1.30pm! Now all I have to do is everything is else...nah, stuff that.

Well done Bard - that deserves a pay rise!

I've cooked dinner (spag bol) and it's only 1.30pm! Now all I have to do is everything is else...nah, stuff that.

No one scream at you Bard :tearful::thumbs:>:D<<'>

Good feeling Eva to get dinner organised early :thumbs::thumbs: its nice to be ahead of yourself.

I am feeling very pleased with myself - did a normally 3 hour food shopping within 10 mins thanks to the internet shopping. I had a list of things to do and feel like I achieved two days work in one - time to put my feet up and enjoy a glass of red yayyy!!. :D

To be honest saved lots of money no temptations :thumbs::devil::lol:

Cheers :wine:

Edited by Frangipani

My mum's partner came over today to fit a unit around the downstairs loo and retile..........he's left all his tools in the toyroom, and I now can't reach my cross trainer....how fab is that! :lol:

Baggy :lol::shame:

Positive today - you know what... I'm getting better :D

Counselling is working, A-D's are sorted and i have my very silly sense of humour back!

It's been a very weird year and a bit - but i'm back :dance::clap:

Guest Lya of the Nox

[quote name='smiley' date='Oct 11 2007, 09:42 PM' post='175763'

Counselling is working, A-D's are sorted and i have my very silly sense of humour back!

woohhhoooooooooo :):):)

soo happy

xxx

Baggy :lol::shame:

Ah, really chuffed Smiley >:D<<'> I recently came off my AD's completely, and am feeling really positive too. The AD's alongside the counselling was superb for me, and I don't think I'd of got myself sorted, had I not had one without the other, take care hunni >:D<<'>

Guest Lya of the Nox
I recently came off my AD's completely, and am feeling really positive too. The AD's alongside the counselling was superb for me, and I don't think I'd of got myself sorted, had I not had one without the other, take care hunni >:D<<'>

and you too woohhhoooooo :)

well done both of you XXX

my positives yes i have some!!!! tis the weekend :):):)

going to get some daylight bulbs tomoz and i hope they will help me in general

ooh and the long lie tomoz:)

but sam motorbike coming tomoz too, so me and meggzie be a bit :crying:

Glad you are all feeling :dance:

I had a days retail therapy with my best friend today. I bought:

Christmas choccies from the Cadburys factory shop

Tasty snacks for JP at work

Big chunky sparkly necklace for me

And big, white, fluffy, egyptian cotton towels for all of us!

I love reading this thread! Fantastic to hear that loads of people are feeling better.

Pearl, will those chocs really last till Christmas? :shame: They wouldn't in my house.

I was feeling a bit low and weepy yesterday morning but it turned out to be a good day with positive stuff happening for both my children. We were sitting in Morrisons cafe when who should breeze in but L ! She had come home from college and forgot to take her house keys, so found herself locked out. Far from being upset, and rather than wait outside, she calmly wandered down to Morrisons and ordered herself a baked potato in the cafe, knowing that she'd either bump into us somewhere, or we'd be home soon. I'm amazed at how far she's come in learning independence and dealing with potentially challenging situations like these.

The other good thing - we went to my son's consultation evening and it was all really positive. He has a great teacher this year who really likes him. and I think she's great, so I'm confident he's in good hands, and he'll have a good year 6. I've sat through so many awful parent consultations in the past, and I dread them, so it's so good to have a positive experience. :)

K x

Taking my little man bowling in a bit - really looking forward to it :thumbs:

(except he always wins :P , i wouldn't mind - but i'm not even trying to let him win! :rolleyes: )

:thumbs:

I've just eaten a whole plate of curry :eat: and actually it was quite nice :rolleyes: Slowly I'm reducing the foods I won't touch!!! :lol: