Sign in to follow this  
Flora

My mum fell down the stairs

Have my mum staying with me for a few days.... last night she was coming down the stairs and she slipped and crashed down on to her hip. She was in huge pain and I ended up calling an ambulance. After sitting in A&E MINOR INJURIES :o for 5 hours the doctor came to see her, sent her for an Xray and turns out she's snapped the femur right next to the hip bone! She's having an emergency hip replacement as I type.

She lives on the Isle of Wight but is in hospital here, so that means she is stranded her until she's totally better and can drive again (poor woman!).

Yesterday, she made the statement that Friday 13th was a load of superstitious nonsense... then this happens! :o

This of course means I won't be able to make the Oxford meet up because she is my only babysitter.

Please wish for a speedy recovery.

Flora X

Oh Flora :(>:D<<'>

Been there with my mum a couple of years ago, so huge >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to you all.

Boho :(

Edited by bid

ouchie ouchie ouchie... :(

Hope all goes well and she's up and about soon...

Ben and I have got some holiday time booked on the IOW in the summer, so she can baby sit HIM if she likes while I go out and get blathered! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

L&P&Getwellsoon

BD :D

I hope she manages to make a speedy recovery. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Also sorry to hear you can't make Oxford anymore. Perhaps we'll meet at some point in the future. :)

Glad to say my Gran is now in a bungalow. Also has the advantage that she is living with my aunt. Until recently though lived on her own in Newhaven. She is about 94. Unfortuatally does show some signs of loss of short term memory. Having said that she still has a good quality of life. Seems to enjoy walking my Aunt (and Uncles) dogs amongst other things.

flozza........... :crying: ...............pm ,d you matey take care for now big hugs to you all...........hope mum at a good night and she has a swift and speedy recovery.........big hugs suzex

Thanks for all your good wishes everyone :D

The op went well, they didn't do a hip replacement; her bones are really strong (no osteoporosis) so they put in 3 screws to hold it all together. This means though that she can't put her weight on her leg for 3 months!!

I've been in to see her several times and she's fine.

Thanks for listening everyone.

Flora :D

Sorry, Flora, I'm late to this but glad to hear the op went well. I hope your mum is soon back to full health.

K x

My mum's coming out of hospital today. We'd planned originally that she would come straight to my house and I'd look after her. But after discussing it with the physio the decision has been made for her to go home. She has no stairs and has plenty of close friends around her who will help her, I have 3 flights of steep narrow stairs. She has her best friend coming to stay for a couple of weeks when she first gets out.

I was a bit upset at first, but considering it was my stairs she fell down :huh::rolleyes: I can see the sense in it.

I'm going to drive her home to the Isle of Wight today.

I have no doubt that she will make a full recovery from this... she's as fit as a fiddle and usually walks miles every day so she has plenty of strength in her bones!

Thanks for all your good wishes

My mum's coming out of hospital today. We'd planned originally that she would come straight to my house and I'd look after her. But after discussing it with the physio the decision has been made for her to go home. She has no stairs and has plenty of close friends around her who will help her, I have 3 flights of steep narrow stairs. She has her best friend coming to stay for a couple of weeks when she first gets out.

I was a bit upset at first, but considering it was my stairs she fell down :huh::rolleyes: I can see the sense in it.

I'm going to drive her home to the Isle of Wight today.

I have no doubt that she will make a full recovery from this... she's as fit as a fiddle and usually walks miles every day so she has plenty of strength in her bones!

Thanks for all your good wishes

Thats Good news Flora >:D<<'> >:D< she will want to avoid stairs for a while I imagine especially while she is recovering. She will probably need physio for a while to get moving again properly.

>:D<<'> your mum must be happy to be out of the hospital, horrible places really, nothing quite like home when your not feeling 100%. Hopefully she will be out and about walking soon.

Drive carefully, thinking of you :)

>:D<<'>

F

That's good news Flora, so pleased to hear your Mum is on the mend and able to return home, I am sure that will make her recovery all the better, just so long as she does not try to do too much.

Clare x >:D<<'>