Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

Dodgy LEA?

The LEA told us that the school which we don't want the DS to go to has said to them that they can meet his needs. I phoned the school and spoke to the SENCO she said that it was never said!, they still can't meet his needs, also the ASD provison isn't put in place, it was supposed to be by Easter.

The SENCO had a meeting with the LEA, and the LEA told the SENCO to "make" us come back and look at the unit again, and that they want another meeting with us to convince us to have our DS go to that school!

I'm shocked at their schemeing and lying! :o

I have lie after lie from them, i have it in black and white and they even argue over that!

have lie after lie from them, i have it in black and white and they even argue over that!
Hi i dont really have much expierience of LEAs but i have found that schools have lying down to a fine art teachers lsa and even the very worst of them all Head teachers criminals the lot of em.

:robbie:

Hi

I often wonder who's side they are really on, like the LEA etc, I assumed they are there to help and support your child for their needs !!

We are in the process of having the lot involved for a meeting we requested regarding my son's ongoing difficulties, so we have asked for them all like the 'The head of yr', The Ed Pysch, The LEA and SENCO, but I do know I have someone on our side, he has been great and from PP (parent partner support services), who will also attend to be sure my son's issues will not be overlooked.

Cariad, would it be worth you contacting your PP, I'm sure they will try to help you ?

And Mrs Fussy I absolutely agree with you.

Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Luv Di xxx :thumbs:

:robbie:

Hi

I often wonder who's side they are really on, like the LEA etc, I assumed they are there to help and support your child for their needs !!

We are in the process of having the lot involved for a meeting we requested regarding my son's ongoing difficulties, so we have asked for them all like the 'The head of yr', The Ed Pysch, The LEA and SENCO, but I do know I have someone on our side, he has been great and from PP (parent partner support services), who will also attend to be sure my son's issues will not be overlooked.

Cariad, would it be worth you contacting your PP, I'm sure they will try to help you ?

And Mrs Fussy I absolutely agree with you.

Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Luv Di xxx :thumbs:

We have tried IPSEA and SNAP and NAS, they were very good but can't support us in the actual tribunal so we have had to hire someone at cost. The pressure is so big on us and the DH works long hours, also homelife is hard and the DS is hard work at bedtime(doesn't sleep). Thanks for the suggest though Di.

Also to mrs Fuzzy's post, i agree with you totally. The best headmaster ATM is at my son's primary school, he has been fantastic. It's pupil support and the LEA who have more faces than a town clock!

We have tried IPSEA and SNAP and NAS, they were very good but can't support us in the actual tribunal so we have had to hire someone at cost. The pressure is so big on us and the DH works long hours, also homelife is hard and the DS is hard work at bedtime(doesn't sleep). Thanks for the suggest though Di.

Also to mrs Fuzzy's post, i agree with you totally. The best headmaster ATM is at my son's primary school, he has been fantastic. It's pupil support and the LEA who have more faces than a town clock!

yea its terrible when you have to get the legal people involved isn't it but the lea and the schools think they are so smart don't they sign this sign that and they think your not going to get your solicitor to look at them before you do especially when you know they have a solicitor overlooking everything they do and trying to befriend you in the process, reverse psychology works every time make em think you haven't got a clue, BTW sorry for the cynical view. thank god spell checkers working again!

Hi i dont really have much expierience of LEAs but i have found that schools have lying down to a fine art teachers lsa and even the very worst of them all Head teachers criminals the lot of em.

Please don't despair, we're not all evil, lying criminals.

Some of us even have children with ASD.

Please don't despair, we're not all evil, lying criminals.

Some of us even have children with ASD.

Sorry Bard i know this isn't the case with most but my experience's this year have not been good, but i do apologise to those who are good, please accept my apologies.

Yes please have a heart!!

It's a bit demoralising to come back from a hard day's teaching to our own autistic children to read that sort of thing as most teachers and LSA's that I've met do honestly love their jobs and try to do their best in spite of the red tape!! I haven't met that many liars in the profession - overworked and demoralised individuals maybe - but nearly everyone there is doing their best - in spite of the difficulties

Elun xxx

Yes please have a heart!!

It's a bit demoralising to come back from a hard day's teaching to our own autistic children to read that sort of thing as most teachers and LSA's that I've met do honestly love their jobs and try to do their best in spite of the red tape!! I haven't met that many liars in the profession - overworked and demoralised individuals maybe - but nearly everyone there is doing their best - in spite of the difficulties

Elun xxx

Yes my sincere apologies to the majority who are hard working decent people, i have family members who are teachers so i know its not easy, but like in every walk of life youve got your bad uns and i seem to have come across at least 3 of them, and have done things to ruin my childs education and mental health but no longer i am ready for a battle, for my child and the good name of the good uns out there hope this goes someway to putting right any offense caused Mrs Fussy x

:tearful:

Yes my sincere apologies to the majority who are hard working decent people, i have family members who are teachers so i know its not easy, but like in every walk of life youve got your bad uns and i seem to have come across at least 3 of them, and have done things to ruin my childs education and mental health but no longer i am ready for a battle, for my child and the good name of the good uns out there hope this goes someway to putting right any offense caused Mrs Fussy x

:tearful:

You go get 'em!

Some of us fight from the inside, some from the outside, but our priorities are exactly the same.

You're not alone, keep fighting!

There are some fantastic teachers and LSAs,Toria had a LSA in primary for 3yrs and i never questioned her,i never had to,she is brilliant with the kids and really truly cares.

Toria has had a LSA in secondary for

12 weeks who could not have been more different,she has made Toria so anxious I had calls every day and i know many things she told me are not true.This LSA has been removed now and in the space of 2 weeks the difference in T is amazing(hope im not speeking to soon).

There are always going to be a few who spoil it for a lot :rolleyes:

Cariad if they are telling lies take minutes at every meeting and get everyone to read them and sign them at the end of each meeting,then forward a copy to everyone conserned,

Whens the tribunal

im sick to death of my lea and every other so called professionals who have worked with steven,they talk utter c*** to get me off the phone,my lea couldnt care less about stevens needs,i really hate them and feel very bitter

Like any profession there are good teachers and bad!

it is hard to remain objective when fighting all the time.... We have some excellent teachers at our school, and yep we have some who blatently lie. The other day before the ed psych saw my daughter, the teacher tried to 'coach her' telling her what to say etc... this I suppose may be seen as an attempt to help and not stress my daughter, but the cynical side of me thinks it was to try to make the teacher look good (long story) Therfore the 'objective' observation just didn't happen.

We also have teachers who have their own children with Aspergers who constantly tell me that they are the experts, being teachers as well as parents of Asperger Kids.... It's a tough one!

Having read so many posts on here, I don't think I have met so many wonderful and caring people teachers or not.

I also think we have to understand that teachers are people too :) and as well as the good ones, there are most definately the bad ones! And this has to be a place that people can feel safe to vent... so teachers here, you know you are not the ones being spoken about, so please don't take away the rights of others to have a moan about the poor teachers they encounter, we aren't making it up, and althougha post saying "all teachers are rubbish" might not be accurate, I think we all know that the person posting at the time must be really going through the mill to have written it in the first place.

Sorry if anyone thinks I have spoken out of turn, but to me this place has been a haven where I can share my deepest concerns, and It would be sad if we felt that we could no longer talk openly for fear of upsetting those who we are not even talking about in the first place.

Anne

Who said that anyone was having their right to an opinion removed? But it's also not fair to say 'criminals the lot of 'em' It's both inaccurate and unfair. That is all that was said - no one minds a balanced view being given

Elun

I did think that we had resolved this, I wasn't objecting to a rant or even a rave, merely the accusation that we are all liars and criminals.

I feel the same way about the opinions that all parents of children on the spectrum are liars who make up excuses to cover up their poor parenting skills, and that their children are just badly-behaved and spoilt.

This is a haven where we can express our fears and concerns, so it hurts to have prejudiced, negative generalisations thrown at you when you are looking for support and encouragement.

No one is refusing others the right to have an opinion, but surely expressing it in a forum means that it is acceptable for it to be challenged.

I thought elun1 and I responded rather well to provocation, feel free to disagree.

I did think that we had resolved this, I wasn't objecting to a rant or even a rave, merely the accusation that we are all liars and criminals.

Everyone's entitled to a rant about their particular circumstances - that's what the forum is for, and I think everyone here agrees with that. I can understand though, that Elun and Bard feel under attack when negative generalisations about teachers are made: they are here to get support as parents, mainly, and it must be tough to feel obliged to defend the entire teaching profession as well. :wacko:

The person who posted the original comment which sparked this off, meant no offence and has apologised twice, so perhaps it's time to move on.

Kathryn

The person who posted the original comment which sparked this off, meant no offence and has apologised twice, so perhaps it's time to move on.

Agree to both statements.

Moving on.

And I apologise too,

Having had a hell of a week with several teachers who have blatently lied to our family. It is really frustrating when I saw what I thought was a pro teacher - anti teacher moan thread.

I don't see why anyof us have to defend our professions, we are all here as anon parents not as advocates for our career choice.

My son was bitten at school, this is the third time! The offender also bit another child the day before.

I was told if I wanted to complain, to put it in writing with dates of the other offences. As I didn't keep the dates, i looked in the accident book and lo behold only the present incident was monitored. I was then told that if no other incidents were mentioned in the book, then they simply haven't happened.

The fact that the day before we had discussed this with the class teacher was totally forgotten and she said, it hasn't happened!!

I can't believe that all the teachers have turned there back on the incidents, after all my son was and is the victim here!

I understand they are worried because they haven't acted properly on the incidents and haven't actually documented them, but to lie blatently is very offensive.

This is why I was upset, and with my Asperger daughters school also lying constantly to me, I too feel a very low opinion of teachers at the moment.

And I personally totally feel empathy for Mrs Fussy, I must admit though I didn't read her post as that she really thought that all teachers were real criminals, I read it as, "this poor woman is having a c**p time too with the education system", we all know good teachers and I felt that she was being made to feel bad for vocalizing her upset, whereas maybe she needed support, not something else to feel bad about.

So to Bard and Elun I am sorry if you feel uncomfortable with people condemning teachers who have wronged them, and I apologize if my offering support to Mrs Fuzzy offended you, we all have to agree to differ.

>>>>>> Moving on too....

Anne

>:D<<'> Thanks Barefoot

It's lovely to hear something positive!

Not trying to defend the entire teaching population but please be careful of negative generalisations; just as there are some bad teachers there are also poor parents - we deal with them day in and day out but I would never dream of passing judgement on ALL parents - that is what sometimes happens to teachers on this forum. Also I do think some people are are a little naive about exactly what a teacher is able to achieve in a mainstream classroom - it is NOT always their fault when it comes down to children's needs not being met. There is a serious lack of funding and unless your child has an experienced LSA and a teacher who has access to asd specific training (not likely) you have to be a realist. It's no good stamping your foot at someone unless they have the power to make a difference. Also I would never dream of thinking I know it all because I also happen to have a child with ASD. He is not Asperegers, he is severely autistic with SLD, SID, Epilepsy and a sensory impairment. This does not necessarily make me knowledgable about anyone elses child and I would never presume it did. This forum is also meant to be a support for people like me and Bard so please be specific when targeting teachers. I would never make a sweeping comment about stay at home parents, those on benefit, nurses, social workers, doctors etc. Please pay us the same courtesy

Elun

>:D<<'> Thanks Barefoot

It's lovely to hear something positive!

Not trying to defend the entire teaching population but please be careful of negative generalisations; just as there are some bad teachers there are also poor parents - we deal with them day in and day out but I would never dream of passing judgement on ALL parents - that is what sometimes happens to teachers on this forum. Also I do think some people are are a little naive about exactly what a teacher is able to achieve in a mainstream classroom - it is NOT always their fault when it comes down to children's needs not being met. There is a serious lack of funding and unless your child has an experienced LSA and a teacher who has access to asd specific training (not likely) you have to be a realist. It's no good stamping your foot at someone unless they have the power to make a difference. Also I would never dream of thinking I know it all because I also happen to have a child with ASD. He is not Asperegers, he is severely autistic with SLD, SID, Epilepsy and a sensory impairment. This does not necessarily make me knowledgable about anyone elses child and I would never presume it did. This forum is also meant to be a support for people like me and Bard so please be specific when targeting teachers. I would never make a sweeping comment about stay at home parents, those on benefit, nurses, social workers, doctors etc. Please pay us the same courtesy

Elun

I have already and will again apologise for any generalisation made in my comments if i told you why i was so angry im sure you would understand my rash comment, and thats what it was something said in anger, which we all do sometimes, as i said i have family in the proffession, again for the third time i apologise now please can we let it lie!!!

>:D<<'> Mrs Fussy

I know you apologised - we all speak in anger - my last post is probably an example of my own frustration!

Was not going to post again on this - honest! - read Anne's post and simply felt I had to - hope you understand

Elun xxx

i moan and rant about the people who deal with steven who havent helped us at all,ive been rock bottom and need to get it off my chest,in my case lea,cahms,social services,i wont apologise for ranting about them,theyve been useless,if i come on here moaning about steves social worker and a person on here who is a social worker is reading it and gets offended i wouldnt be able to understand why.im not on about them,im on about STEVES social worker.

i do hate my lea,i ring them every day for help,home life rubbish,steve got special needs and they not helping him to get a school place,i will probably feel hateful about cahms next week,it just feels like im banging head against a brick wall and none of STEVENS so called professionals are helping us.

ithink everyones entitled to have a moan,i probably moan more than most,i probably do negative generalise but i cant help that,i type how i think without thinking about generalising,it dont even enter my head.

anyway im moving on :robbie::robbie:

Yeah me too

But just to say Hev, I too have been rock bottom, the difference is that when you have done a day in the classroom genuinely trying to help children it can be demoralising to read generalisations. We too have a right to reply and a right to air our grievances

Elun