av16

Another proud mum

Just wanted to share something nice and maybe give some hope to others. My son's obsession is football, he's been training with a team for 2 years and it's taken him a long time to feel at home with the other boys. I wouldn't say they are his friends but he can manage some conversation (about football). The team has changed to 11 aside from 7 a side and a lot of new boys have joined; for the last few weeks he has been unsettled. Today was a tournament and I was worried if he could keep it together and yes he did. They didn't win the tournament but he looked comfortable and was voted 'the played who stayed in position the best'. I was so proud :thumbs:

Just wanted to share something nice and maybe give some hope to others. My son's obsession is football, he's been training with a team for 2 years and it's taken him a long time to feel at home with the other boys. I wouldn't say they are his friends but he can manage some conversation (about football). The team has changed to 11 aside from 7 a side and a lot of new boys have joined; for the last few weeks he has been unsettled. Today was a tournament and I was worried if he could keep it together and yes he did. They didn't win the tournament but he looked comfortable and was voted 'the played who stayed in position the best'. I was so proud :thumbs:

AAAWWWWWWW!

Another lovely special moment! :notworthy:

yeyyy!!, and it's great that although he has been a weeny bit uncomfy he's stuck with it and come through!!

Esp for getting the award today - huge well done!! :) Hope he's feeling dead proud of himself

Thanks to you all for your comments. It has been difficult over the last 2 years, he's been really, really upset sometimes after training when someone has made a throwaway comment ( what a rubbish pass etc.) that anyone else would have been able to forget or ignore. I know we will get this again as he still thinks he's rubbish but he has learnt so, so much. If any of you are able to get your children into anything similar and they can cope it can be so good for them. I know we are really lucky that he's been able to cope- just about. I'm sure it's helped some of his agression too, not quite so many incidents in school.

hi av16 well done to your lad i know how proud you must feel my twins have been playing since they were 6 at times i was ready to give up and so where they but them and i persevered and im glad to say they have come through,they still have their moments with other players but all in all they enjoy it and its good for them once again well done to you son keep smiling luv karin :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

yes my boys obsession is football. he has also trained with a team for 2 years and is playing for a team. They are good competitive team and win. At first i thought it may be all too much for him, but i have to say he loves it. It gives him a little social life which as you all know for kids with AS is not easy. I am pleased that we have kept this going as it is paying off for C. If Peter Crouch is reading this please stay with Liverpool FC lol.

Lainex