ellisisamazing

And guess what??? Yes....Another Proud Mum!!

El has been riding with the school as arranged from when they had the school fair and the police horses were there and he was really taken with them!

His little face when he gets home is a picture, he has even ventured out of the stable for an outdoor hack!

His Dad has gone out and bought some old episodes of Black Beauty and Mr Ed!!!!!! :lol:, which we are being brainwashed with! :D

Really happy he is so comfortable with this and this is a "good obsession", much better than sand/dust/grit/soil/shoe licking/paper munching!! ;)

My only concern is the constant "RIDING" motion he is displaying! :lol::o ......it gets some quizical looks in public! :P

Oh, and one more thing "my fussy eater" ate an apple, his first ever, of his own accord....He spent four hours methodically nibbling the thing! :lol::clap:

Edited by ellisisamazing

El has been riding with the school as arranged from when they had the school fair and the police horses were there and he was really taken with them!

His little face when he gets home is a picture, he has even ventured out of the stable for an outdoor hack!

His Dad has gone out and bought some old episodes of Black Beauty and Mr Ed!!!!!! :lol:, which we are being brainwashed with! :D

Really happy he is so comfortable with this and this is a "good obsession", much better than sand/dust/grit/soil/shoe licking/paper munching!! ;)

My only concern is the constant "RIDING" motion he is displaying! :lol::o ......it gets some quizical looks in public! :P

Oh, and one more thing "my fussy eater" ate an apple, his first ever, of his own accord....He spent four hours methodically nibbling the thing! :lol::clap:

Aw, that's smashing, hope he really continues to enjoy it. :thumbs::D

Did he eat the apple because he'd seen a horse munching on one??! You'll have to progress him on to chomping on raw carrots next. :lol:

What does he think of the N***Grain ads with the horsies drinking tea??!! :o:P

~ Mel ~

Awwww bless him, :wub: thanks for sharing your proud moment here's to many more.

Just hope he does not ask for a bag of oats for breakfast !

Clare x

Oxgirl, I have a feeling the horse is influencing his food choices!! I am not complaining though!

Clare, He can have as many oats as he wants!! (*resists temptation to make a smutty comment!!*)

Just happy to see him eating something other than TOAST!!

Edited by ellisisamazing

Lovely news - and I wouldn't worry about that 'riding' motion...

Don't all kids have an imaginary horse? My sister used to ride hers to the shop, slapping her thigh with the 'whip' while she chanted the shopping list.

"Two pounds of sugar, a packet of tea...Two pounds of sugar, a packet of tea......"

I had a REAL horse:

he was called 'mojo' and he looked like this:

MOJO

"Two pounds of sugar, a packet of tea...Two pounds of sugar, a packet of tea......"

L&P

BD :D

Great news - expensive hobby, but worth it! L had a thing about horses for years.

Hopefully he won't take the horse diet to extremes and start eating the lawn, but the rest is pretty healthy. :)

K x

What a fab post :D

I am looking into enrolling DS with Riding for the Disabled as he loved his (very quick) go on a pony when we were on holiday. He seems to have a strong connection with large animals (he actually noticed the giraffes and gorilla at London zoo unlike the penguins etc)

Shamu

;)

My 9yo AS son loves riding, it is one of the few things he has always enjoyed doing. I thought it maybe had something to do with me because I have always loved riding &, until very recently, had my own horse & so he spent a lot of time around horses. But I wonder if it has more to do with the bond with an animal? I am sure it has helped him because he has learnt he must co-operate with the horse and it is about teamwork :)

Unfortunately he doesn't get to ride as much now, but when he does he has a one track mind - jumping! It's great to see him enjoying something so much :D

Awwwww, thanks for all your replies! >:D<<'>

I agree on the fact because the horse is a larger animal, is it harder to avoid eye contact with!! El loves big dogs and gets all excited, but show him a tiny puppy and......nothing!

I really think this will be so beneficial in his development, so we are going take him up the stables through the summer break to keep up the bond and routine.

Oh Lisa thats FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!

Sooooo pleased El has taken to it so well!

Getting all nostalgic now over Mr Ed :lol:

And as for you resisting the temptation to make a smutty comment....

well that has to be a first!! :devil:

Brilliant news, :thumbs:

I have a lump in my throat, 'awww' :wub:

And what an achievement, 'well done'. :thumbs:

My ASD son is very lucky in that area, my sister in law has a farm, where Dan has his own horse, but he is an animal lover anyway, he says animals are his friends 'bless him' so now we are just trying to encourage him to take a lad who lives behind us to join him at the farm, as this young lad is pretty lonely too, so this would do them both good.

Again 'well done'

Di xx