josie h

Hi, i am new to the group, just wanted to say hi.

Hi i'm josie h and am new to the group. i have threee children, B who is 14 and E who is nearly 7. they are both girls. my son C is 13 in october and has high functioning autism. we have been very isoalted since his diagnosis, whic h was officially made by a paedeatriction in june last year. we were also seen by a clincal psycologist when he was 6 who also told us he had high functioning autism. we have been lucky enough to get a statement, which was very hard as we had no support from his primary school. we are now stuggling with secondary school, having had a terrible term, with 2 suspensions and time out for 'a break'. we have now had the problem with supply teachers, and being advised to keep him at home for the three days that his normal teachers are on a french exchange! i have called school and told them that C feels that he has been suspended again and is very upset. they have now decided that he can go into school tomorrow after all! any way, enough of my wingeing. i hope to make neew friends who are int he same position as i am and can give support to each other regarding the many problems that we face on a daily basis. hope to hear from some of you.

we are now stuggling with secondary school, having had a terrible term, with 2 suspensions and time out for 'a break'.

Welcome to the Forum!

You are definitely amongst friends, although with only 2 suspensions and a time out, your score is a little on the low side! My son, 12 and AS, has a fantastic school with very supportive staff who have realistic expectations.

As a result of which, by mutual agreement, he's now knocked off for the summer.

Upset about it? Not in the slightest. Happy as a lark and singing too.

You will find all sorts of help and support in this place, and some very knowledgeable people who can explain all sorts of mysteries.

It's also a good place to yell loudly and be heard by people who understand, and support is one of the things that's in abundance!

Welcome to the Forum!

You will find all sorts of help and support in this place, and some very knowledgeable people who can explain all sorts of mysteries.

It's also a good place to yell loudly and be heard by people who understand, and support is one of the things that's in abundance!

Here, here! Though don't yell too loudly as it hurts my ears.

Happy as a lark and singing too.

Are larks particularly happy birds? I've only seen them being 'followed' by the cat, and they don't look too happy then :unsure:

Welcome to the forum, Josie. :)

Lots of people will understand the educational battles you're going through! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

K x

Hi Josie,

Welcome to the forum, this is a great place loads of experiences to share, loads of support, good company, lots of hugs and tons of encouragement and good ideas.

Guess you like us are dealing with first year in secondary school, its been tough here too, at the moment we are working on preparations with the school regarding Con going into year 8 in September, thankfully we have the support of a brilliant Autism Outreach Worker, so hopefully we'll have a much better school year than we did this year.

Look forward to getting to know you better

Clare x

Hi Josie, >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

You have come to the right place, you wont feel isolated anymore, alot of us felt the same until we found this place. They are a lovely bunch.

Welcome :D

Fxx

Hi Josie Welcome to the forum, i have three boys the eldest 6 with ASD. This forum is a great place of support >:D<<'>

Hi Josie

Welcome to the forum. I have a 13 year old with high functioning autism also who is in mainstream high school with a statement and support. We still have problems, but things have improved.

Mandy

Hi Josie, welcome to the forum.

My lad is 13 and AS too. It's good to come here and talk to people who really understand. :)

~ Mel ~

Hi Josie,

Welcome to the forum :) .

You're among people here who understand. My son left school last year (he's nearly 18), all through his school life he received countless suspensions, official and unofficial :shame: even with a statement and full time 1 to 1 support :( .

Annie

xx