Mumble

I suddenly feel very very old . . .

I just went past lots of pyjama-clad freshers in my corridor. I thought they'd all finally conceded that going to bed at night and getting up at a reasonable hour in the morning, as I do, was actually a good idea. See I lead by example.

But no . . .

They were on their way out to a pyjama party - I suddenly feel very very old :wacko::lol:

Ahh.....bless ya!...well at least you know whilst they are out freezing their ickle tootsies off tonight and waking up in the morning feeling very ill you will be bouncing around uni still dancing after your 2 nil victory V DW! :)

If its any consolation no one even had PJ parties when I woz young enough to go :(

If its any consolation no one even had PJ parties when I woz young enough to go :(

We had parties, no-one brought pyjamas.

I feel old and very decadant! :devil:

I think it is the new norm for parties.

We have a dozen or so teenage girls here every Tuesday fortnightly for a connect group - they all turn up in their pj's :lol:

I guess its easier when you get home - just have to do your teeth then fall into bed :thumbs::lol:

:whistle::lol:

Edited by Frangipani

.... but not as old as me, Mumble :shame:

This is true.

*Dances around feeling young and sprightly again*

p.s. Pearl - don't try the above - I hear those articifical hips, knees, elbows, teeth and other joints aren't as strong as they look :P

*nods in agreement*

No worries there Mumbs, I always maintained that exercise is a Bad Thing, & all these footballers with their broken metatarsals just prove my point B)

They were on their way out to a pyjama party - I suddenly feel very very old :wacko::lol:

Mumble, I hate to break it to you but...you are (see, there's Aspie understanding for you).

However it could be worse as you could be me and, as Emily keeps pointing out just how ancient I am (33), I'm beginning to reach that point where I daren't lie down while wearing a suit just in case someone mistakes me for a corpse :lol:

Mumble, I hate to break it to you but...you are (see, there's Aspie understanding for you).

:P

how ancient I am (33),

Cor - that is old. I'd be starting out on that long shuffle to the post office to draw your pension if I was you (which I'm not - I'm a lot younger) :devil:

I actually had what I think counts as my first 'Senior Moment' this morning . . . walking down to breakfast, I couldn't work out for the life of me why the halls manager would put up a new notice on the board in such a small, fuzzy font so that it was practically unreadable . . .

. . . and then I realised I'd forgotton to put my glasses on :rolleyes::wacko:

I wake up every morning feeling like I'm on drugs or like someone has detuned the world until I put my specs on. I can't see a flippin thing without me specs glued to my face!

There are however benefits to this...

• I can't see Neil's ugly mug
  • I can't see my own even uglier mug
  • I can't see Neil looking at my ugly mug and reeling in horror
  • I can't see the time and therefore can make up the time to be whatever I want it to be so I don't have to get up
Despite all this though you lot are doomed regardless as you forget, compared to me, you are all really really really really old. Much older than me than you think you are of each other (wow does that even make sense?)

Being just 24. That's T-W-E-N-T-Y F-O-U-R for those who can't read small print anymore, even you Mumble I'm afraid are much older than me and therefore ancient and staring death in the face.

Hope you all have a wonderful afternoon :D;):dance:

Emily

xxx

Who is 24

That's right 2 and 4

Young

Not old

Not in the least bit

Nurr Nurr :P

Despite all this though you lot are doomed regardless as you forget, compared to me, you are all really really really really old. Much older than me than you think you are of each other (wow does that even make sense?)

Nope :P

Oh, and 2 + 4 equals 110, not 24, making you ancient as well . . .

My twelve year old son asked me this morning if girls went to school when I was little!

Yeah, you feel old when your kids come home and say "mum did they have computers in the olden days when you were young"

cheeky little blighters!!!

Har and here's me approaching 21 again!

Can you use a zimmer frame and white cane at the same time?

Yeah, you feel old when your kids come home and say "mum did they have computers in the olden days when you were young"

Is that supposed to be comforting?

Because my answer would be " No they didn't! "

Bet pearl's answer is the same! :lol:

>:D<<'> Soz Bard and Pearl! >:D<<'>

At least I'm not alone in feeling totally past it!!

I too had to say no - well that is in my very early years ... and to Video ... and to CD's ... and to Sky - all the things taken for granted now.

BUT ... I don't remember old money :rolleyes: !

Never been to a PJ party, so no idea there!

I remember when it was all fields round here.... :whistle:

I remember getting a shilling a week pocket money, and if I saved for two weeks, Grandma would give me 6d.

And a half-crown would buy me a book!

Them were the days eh!

Can we start an Old F*rts thread?

I've just remembered, I DO remember computers.

In the early 60s, my dad took me to work with him & with great reverence led me to the Computer Room.

Yes, the computer was so large it needed an entire room to itself. I remember lots of glass doors with wheels inside. I spose if the microchip hadnt been invented we'd have all needed extensions on our houses! :lol:

I remember being excited at school after being given the opportunity to type on an electric typewriter, instead of a manual one :whistle:

BTW, I've noticed grey eyebrows are appearing....now that means I AM officially very old B)

I remember being excited at school after being given the opportunity to type on an electric typewriter, instead of a manual one :whistle:

BTW, I've noticed grey eyebrows are appearing....now that means I AM officially very old B)

Its one of the sounds that has disappeared from modern office life isnt it, the clackity clack of the typewriter.

I got grey ones too, if you pluck them out you just end up with sparse eyebrows :( I think I'll get them dyed.