ellisisamazing

Some Good News!!!!

I recieved a phone call about forty minutes ago from the DWP, and a lady from the Reconsiderations department asked would it be ok to have a chat with me, I said it was fine and she asked me some questions regarding El and the impact of the things that we do for him has on us. We had a good chat and I was very upfront with her, she was lovely, said she has some limited experience with ASD children through her best friend and she could only imagine what life is like for an ASD parent and that she was full of admiration for anybody who does!!! :D:crying:

She then told me that she could see no reason why El could not have HIGH RATE CARE!!!!! Yessss! And that she would award it immediately and backdate it till the beginning of June!!! I am elated, it means I can get El some great sensory equipment now and do up his room a bit with some lights and stuff! :pray:

The jury is still out on the High Mobility rate, but at least we get the low rate mobility, so were happy! She also told me to contact the Tax Credits and tell them to backdate their increase to June also!! :party:

I thought we would have to wait another few weeks before getting our decison...I feel so lucky! Also when his award was redone in June it was made valid until he would turn 12 in 2014! But she said that they would prolong that again until his 16th Birthday in 2018!!!! :clap:

Wooooooooohoooooo!!! No more horrid DLA forms for a long, long time!! :thumbs:

Anybody, if you feel your award is unfair, try again like me. I wouldn't have bothered had it not been for El's consultant pushing me to do so.....so glad I did!

Lisa xx

Thanks Shortcake, I really appreciate your good wishes! >:D<<'>

Wine???????? Champagne darling, and Cristal at that, and it's on me......well, the Hubby's visa actually! :devil: Well he's good for something!

Lisa xx

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

Thanks Shortcake, I really appreciate your good wishes! >:D<<'>

Wine???????? Champagne darling, and Cristal at that, and it's on me......well, the Hubby's visa actually! :devil: Well he's good for something!

Lisa xx

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

lol why of course infact I think you should make it 2 bottles and while ur at it with hubbys visa hop on line and treat yourself to a pair of jimmy choos or manalo's, after all you deserve it!

(if hubby protests i suggest you tell him shoes are a NEED not a want!!!)

Your little one is going to be bowled over i bet!

Thanks Bagpuss! >:D<<'>

I feel like I can 'breathe' again! :thumbs:

Shortcake,

2 bottles and crate of cider, ok?! :party: And shoes, lots of em!

Lisa xx

Edited by ellisisamazing

Thanks Simon >:D<<'>

I am already in receipt of CA, and I have been for two years, again that was something else I found out about by accident! :thumbs:

Not exactly easy is it, trying to find out what's what?! :unsure:

Cheers

Lisa xx

*passes Simon a pint of champers!*

Excellant news and well done for pursuing with it. No more horrid forms for you, fantastic!!!

We've always had DLA high rate care and low rate mobility but the last time after we was awarded it it took me about 6 months to ask them to reconsider the mobility. I filled in the form and we have high rate for mobility. Only been awarded for two years tho' to the same time as it's all up for renewal and it wasn't backdated :tearful: which is a shame specially as my car has just broken down and it's been chaotic but it doesn't matter completly cos I know i'm very lucky to have got it.

Keep trying anyone who has challenging children as I think that's one of the things it can be awarded on.

Glad your lil ones enjoy the nice sensory equipment too >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Fantastic news Lisa,

I am sooooo very pleased for you. We too had a phone call from the DWP think it makes such a difference if you can actually talk to a real person.

:thumbs::thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> :thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x

Fantastic news Lisa,

I am sooooo very pleased for you. We too had a phone call from the DWP think it makes such a difference if you can actually talk to a real person.

:thumbs::thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> :thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x

Thanks Clare,

I too, think it really helped having that phonecall, it was unexpected by me and El is off school today with a tummy bug, so was in the room with me making lots of his grunty noises which the DLA lady heard! :clap:

I had submitted the original DLA forms plus over 6 A4 pages of data for the reconsideration appeal, so they had a pretty good picture of our life, but I believe the phone call set the stone for us!

Have you been successful too, Clare?!!

Lisa xx

Oh yes thank you, we got higher rate care and low mobility, the chap I spoke to was lovely and he said he knew a bit about ASD's and empathised with things I said, think I had a better conversation with him than I have with anyone at camhs :lol: and he sounded gorgeous too ;)

Isn't it great we don't have to worry about DLA forms till their 16 !

Clare x x x

Aaah Clare, that's brilliant!!! >:D<<'>

Well Done to you too! :thumbs: I just hope di30 can do something about her predicament, her outcome seemed very unfair to me. :tearful:

Yes, and it's great when you get an emphatic person dealing with you and they don't make you feel like you are begging. The last time I called up for a progress update the Rep told me I should be grateful for what we were already recieving!!!! :rolleyes: The darn cheek, you'd have thought it was her personally paying El!

I agree them forms are evil, I have 11 years to mentally prepare myself this time, hahaha! :lol:

Lisa xx

Edited by ellisisamazing

Yes Lisa, can't agree with you more, my fingers are tightly crossed for Di, as you say it seems very unfair.

Clare x x x

Ellismum, your award for all these years is excellant. >:D<<'>

I have thought about asking for reconsideration on the time it has been awarded for but I think the letter I enclosed from a professional that said "I am strongly supportive of a 24hr placement" may have made them think he may end up in residential as that was their reason when they called me. I've also ben told that they usually like to review when the child is 11 or 12 so when our's runs out my son will be 11.

Is it worth asking for reconsideration or should I be extremly grateful that I ahve been awarded it when so many other struggle to get it? >:D<<'>

Ooh I nearly missed this! (Just followed the smell of booze!) :lol:

FANTASTIC news, Lisa! >:D<<'>

Well done you for fighting so hard and YAAAYYYYYYY for no more poxy form filling for YEARS!!!!!

Did someone mention drinks? :whistle:

Make mine a.....

well, you know, don't you! :wine:

Lisa, that's fantastic news...........well done and well deserved !

Brilliant, its great to have some good news like this for a change.

All the very best and now you can forget about this for a while, good work. :thumbs:

Luv Di xx :D

StressedMum, Thank You, I am delighted! I just stated on the DLA forms that El's ASD and other needs are permanent and are not going anywhere and that I found it unneccessary to have to redo the dreaded froms every two years, based on that comment they awarded till age 12 and after today's phonecall when I reiterated it to the lovely DLA lady, she agreed it was long term and so gave us the award for a further 4 years on top of the original award!

If you feel that your duties and care giving are out of the criteria for the rate your child is awarded then go for it, at least contact the DWP to inform them just what you do and what do they think? They have been really helpful to my surprise!

Lisa xx >:D<<'>

Also big thanks and big kegs of wine for Pearl, Elun and nic!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

di30 >:D<<'> ,

Bless you! Thanks for your good wishes and I really hope you can do something to ensure that your dear boy recieves the award that he deserves and that you are more than fulfilling your part for. I know you are a hardworking, devoted, lovely mum who goes the extra mile and then some, and it makes me so mad hearing your story..... :wallbash:very unfair!

Luv Lisa xxx >:D<<'> A magnum of champers for you!

Hi Lisa :thumbs:

Thank you for your kind lovely words. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

After all your hard work, you deserve this hun :thumbs:

I am so pleased for you.

I hope you have finally put your feet up and had a drink of champers :dance: and thanks for mine too lol :dance:

I will keep fighting for my boy and have taken some tips from you :thumbs: from you, thank you so much.

I will keep you informed of the whole lot okay hun and 'Well done' :thumbs:

Luv Di xxx :D

That's fantastic news :thumbs:

I think that whoever ends up receiving my DLA form is going to put their head in their hands and sigh as it's going to have about 30 additional typed pages!!!! Good point about stressing that the needs are not going to go away.....

Well done

Shamu

;)