baddad

A thank you...

Well, the title of this thread is fairly shocking, I know, given many's experiences, but it's 100% genuine.

Supporting #1 son in mainstream primary hasn't always been plain sailing, but the HT has always been on mine/his side (even when we've had to agree to disagree from time to time) every step of the way.

At his (transitional) annual review last year the HT, ed psych and senco etc helped me to present a coordinated, solid case to the LEA representative in attendance to help ensure secondary provision (not mainstream, and very complicated) would be appropriate to my son's needs, and even directly 'challenged' some standard LEA procedures that could create difficulties...

Despite all of this, the LEA officer went away after implying agreement and pulled a fast one, only revealed recently when letters arrived detailing schools approached for consideration.

Today I received a copy of the letter the HT sent in response to the LEA officers actions...

Obviously, I can't (and shouldn't) reproduce those details online, but in a nutshell the HT has gone on record as saying the actions of the LEA (and officer concerned) have been misleading and manipulative, and has also directly challenged the evidence they have presented to prospective providers as incomplete and inappropriate for them to make any informed assessment. In addition, the letter requests that those views be presented to the panel(s) making decisions based on the evidence the LEA have presented. :notworthy::notworthy:

No names, no pack drill, but whatever the outcome of the next few months battling, this HT deserves a teacher of the year award. It is refreshing to know that out there among all the bean-counters and jobsworths there are still people within the educational system who are willing to go 'beyond the call of duty' on behalf of 'their' kids....

L&P

BD :D:tearful:

baddad >:D<<'>

Sounds like a sound bloke and great that he's willing to go that extra mile for you and Ben. As for 'going beyond the call of duty', how about rephrasing that to saying it's refreshing to meet someone who isn't afraid to do the job they are supposed to do?

I've yet to meet such a person, but it's great to hear that they actually exist.

I hope that between you, you manage to get the right provision for Ben for secondary school. I wish I could say I was surprised by the manipulation and unerhandedness of your LEA officer, but I can't!!!

Will be :pray: that all goes to plan.

flozza XXXX

:thumbs::notworthy: for the HT, but :angry::fight::fight: to the LEA!!

Sorry to hear that you've got a battle on your hands after the misleading Transition Review :(

Good luck!

Bid :)

Despite all of this, the LEA officer went away after implying agreement and pulled a fast one, only revealed recently when letters arrived detailing schools approached for consideration.

Well, what a surprise...not. :fight:

Fantastic head - and for every one like her there are 10 more who will do the other thing and keep their lip zipped when it comes to speaking out against LEA policies and practices. :angry:

The last senco who helped us wasn't afraid to speak the truth. Few and far between but they do exist.

The problem is, so many school staff want to do the right thing but get intimidated into silence by the LEA's they serve. :(

K x

:clap::D Fantastic Head Teacher!

Don't suppose you can send HT my way once your done?? :pray:

My lot are full of good intentions - but then panic and back down when the LEA get stroppy... :angry::wallbash:

As for the LEA........ :angry:

>:D<<'>

Well, what a surprise...not. :fight:

Fantastic head - and for every one like her there are 10 more who will do the other thing and keep their lip zipped when it comes to speaking out against LEA policies and practices. :angry:

The last senco who helped us wasn't afraid to speak the truth. Few and far between but they do exist.

The problem is, so many school staff want to do the right thing but get intimidated into silence by the LEA's they serve. :(

K x

Golly gosh.... :tearful:

They are setting up a political party over here called 'The Carer's Party' to get a voice in Parliament for issue's that are not being heard. Sounds like a group action could be launched in protest of the LEA's - I imagine the turnout would be enormous.

Got to stand up to be counted. Here is their webpage http://www.carers.org.au/about.html for those interested.

Awesome HT :thumbs: BD proof their are decent ones around - prepared to hold their ground against these arrogant ignorant excuses for a human being. Its quite disgusting the way the LEA's behave, they have too much power. Things need to change. A good healthy protest to expose them would be a start. :ninja::thumbs::devil:

Congrats to you BD and DS you must be really chuffed :D

Fxx >:D<<'>

Edited by Frangipani

I read your bit and it brough a tear to my eye(then felt silly) its nice to know people like that exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a star :notworthy::thumbs:

What a great HT :thumbs::clap: .

It's a gut-wrenching feeling when you're faced with the underhandedness and lies. Thank goodness for people like your HT who are willing to go 'on record' and show what really goes on :notworthy::notworthy: .

Annie

xx

Fantastic Headteacher , you,ve got there.Hope this letter gets the LEA to take on board the provision he needs for high school, hope you don,t have to fight too hard...........keeping everything crossed for ya :thumbs:

wow, i love reading things like this. well done to you and the head teacher.

Nicola

Well, the title of this thread is fairly shocking, I know, given many's experiences, but it's 100% genuine.

Supporting #1 son in mainstream primary hasn't always been plain sailing, but the HT has always been on mine/his side (even when we've had to agree to disagree from time to time) every step of the way.

At his (transitional) annual review last year the HT, ed psych and senco etc helped me to present a coordinated, solid case to the LEA representative in attendance to help ensure secondary provision (not mainstream, and very complicated) would be appropriate to my son's needs, and even directly 'challenged' some standard LEA procedures that could create difficulties...

Today I received a copy of the letter the HT sent in response to the LEA officers actions...

Obviously, I can't (and shouldn't) reproduce those details online, but in a nutshell the HT has gone on record as saying the actions of the LEA (and officer concerned) have been misleading and manipulative, and has also directly challenged the evidence they have presented to prospective providers as incomplete and inappropriate for them to make any informed assessment. In addition, the letter requests that those views be presented to the panel(s) making decisions based on the evidence the LEA have presented. :notworthy::notworthy:

No names, no pack drill, but whatever the outcome of the next few months battling, this HT deserves a teacher of the year award. It is refreshing to know that out there among all the bean-counters and jobsworths there are still people within the educational system who are willing to go 'beyond the call of duty' on behalf of 'their' kids....

L&P

BD :D:tearful:

Fantastic HT Baddad - he must be one in a million. Teaching awards here:

http://www.teachingawards.com/

As for LEA, words would fail if it wasn't so flippin' normal for them to pull fast ones like this. Sorry you've got a fight on your hands.