pearl

Ohhhhh Nooooooo.......

I've done my back in :tearful:

No idea how, woke up this morning in pain, sooo much to do & I'm moving slower than mum at the mo. All hands on deck, I think, plus copious amounts of painkillers.

Ouchie >:D<<'>

Hope it's one of those cases where you hear an almighty scrunching sound and everything's back to how it was...

If it's more complicated, really hope it's 'easy and quick' complicated...

L&P

BD >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Not good timing for you....are you sure you did not carry a huge turkey home yesterday.

It is a good job father christmas is delivering the presents...I can't see you delivering many tonight. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was off work as a nurse many years ago with a slipped disc at christmas.I attempted to drink enough G and T so that I was not bothered about the pain.It sort of worked but I was not good the next morning. :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Thanks all.

Reckon it was the carol service last night - central heating broken & the church was sooo cold, think it got to my back. :tearful:

Have postponed non essentials - JP & I normally make mince pies when Kings Carols are on in the afternoon, but we gave it a miss this year.

He helped me wrap S & her boyfriends pressies.

And mr p is doing the tea tonight, & peeling spuds for tomo.

Its got easier as I've been moving around, spect I'll stiffen overnight & improve through the day tomo. I have christmas dinner to cook, & a roast on boxing day when S & boyf are visiting, but we'll just have to all pitch in.

I was congratulating myself on us all escaping lurgy etc this year, spoke too soon! :rolleyes:

Oh well, just one of those things.

Hope you all have a lovely day tomo xxxxx

Oh Pearl...

You probably know this, but localised heat combined with gentle stretching will help.

Hot water bottle, bran cushion heated in the microwave, that sort of thing.

Sitting still in the cold is a nightmare for ladies of our years, and lower back pain is AWFUL!

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

:thumbs: MUCH better today, I was well up to turkey wrestling duties. Mr p & JP have just taken mum back home, she ate every bit of her dinner then snored gently in her armchair till queens speech, cuppa tea then ready for off. What a relief I was up to it all.

Its a real weakness my back, I discovered just a few years ago following an x ray that I have a v mild form of spina bifida, so when it "goes" at least I know why.

Another huge meal to do tomo for S & boyf, he's 6'5 with hollow legs!

Hope y'all had a good day xx

Hi Pearl I hope it didnt affect your christmas too much, but if it has, I can understand (partially) what its like. My mum had a slipped disc about 5-6 years ago and she hasnt recovered that well from it.

Mornin all

Actually a bit worse today but NOTHING like Christmas Eve! Just waiting for S & boyf to land.

Its a good job I'm good at delegating! :D

No but I have a loud voice! :lol:

All done & dusted now, our happy free range chicken tasted nicer than yesterdays turkey. Poor boyf full of a cold, the whole house shakes when he sneezes. They are off tomo & I'm trying to persuade them to take JP with them for a day or two, hmmmm I think a leetle emotional blackmail is in order .... :devil:

Sorry to hear you've been having problems with your back. I hope it's settling down. I've been told the best thing is plenty of heat. Hot water bottles, baths, etc... Also been using my mum's TENs machine which seems to help. Also been avoiding computer. Have written this on my PSP. Also not allowed to drive. Hope this helps. Physios (at least mine) say keep moving but don't over do it or it will get worse not better. Anyway hope you feel better soon. Better call it a day as getting pins & needles.

I had a car go into me just over a month ago. Thought I'd got off lightly as wasn't too bad for the first week. Progressively got worse though. One day got half way to my training and found I couldn't concentrate on driving due to pain. Had to get mum to bus down to drive me home. Doctor now won't let me drive till I feel better. Just going into town with a friend today has upset it again. Physio at least was pleased that I've not locked up.

Hiya David >:D<<'>

Didnt know you'd hurt your back too, I've been wondering where you were.

Hope you feel better soon.

yeah ive been wondering where david was,hello david!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Been told by doctor not to use PC due to sitting at them always leaving me in agony. Also had been having a tough time on training. Not finding them very supportive. I.E. getting told I need to be able to carry heavy loads around. Lost phone too. Loads of people probably wonder where I've gone. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Hi Hev. :D

Whens the next meetup? Could do with one. Well once my back is better.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Been told by doctor not to use PC due to sitting at them always leaving me in agony. Also had been having a tough time on training. Not finding them very supportive. I.E. getting told I need to be able to carry heavy loads around. Lost phone too. Loads of people probably wonder where I've gone. Hopefully things will get better soon.

David, I'm not being flippant, but I have met you, so I know that my first impressions were of a lovely, gentle non-argumentative man who likes to help and be accommodating.

Lifting heavy loads is NOT part of teaching, are they being sexist or ageist? Because you are young and male?

Use your brain, or imagine what a short, fat middle-aged female like me would do in a similar situation. Don't be manipulated by your own nature into putting up with cr*p from others. Don't be made to feel like a lazy malingerer before you have even got half way through the course. If they wouldn't ask it of me, they shouldn't ask it of you.

Get the doctor to back you up in writing, get your union to back you if they are being unfair.

OH has a bad back, and both a chiropractor and different seating for the PC have helped him.

I'm sooo tempted to come up there and kick some *rse on your behalf, you're being exploited and mistreated.

:star::angry::star:

Edited by Bard

Whens the next meetup? Could do with one. Well once my back is better.

Soon please, feeling lonely today :(

Sorry to hear about your back David, my brother did the same and found pilates worked wonders! :blink: All that gentle stretching and core muscles apparently :) .

Oh and about the lifting..... do you have a health and safetly rep?

Erm... Mrs Pearly-Wirly, make sure you don't get that cold with the sore back... *Atchooo* *Ouch* *Atchooooo* *Ouchhhh*.... :shame:

*nods* Ancient Teacher Lady speak wise words David.

:lol:

And how are you feeling now Ook?

Ready to return to your duties?

Sorry pearl - missed this thread on Christmas Eve. :unsure:

Glad your back is a bit better now and hope it didn't put too much of a dampener on your Christmas. >:D<<'>

David - I was wondering where you were - sorry to hear about your back problems too. I hope you're getting as much rest as you possibly can. Hope to see you back regularly soon but only when you can manage it.

K x

Hiya Kathryn >:D<<'>

Thanks hun, I'm on the mend now. And in the grand scheme of things, its pretty trivial compared to what some are going through. I've really been counting my blessings this christmas.

I recommend a massage, I have them and there great, I also for the computer invested in a kneeling seat, it curves your back in the correct position, I got mine second hand as they can be pricey.

I am glad that your back is better.

JsMum