ScienceGeek

Wii!

My new wii arrived this morning! YAY! Have been playing wii sports and sonic all day. Been having lots of fun with it. Any game recommendations? I know that we want super mario galaxy and bust-a-move but not sure what else yet.

My daughter is really enjoying Mario Galaxy, but before that, she played the Raving Rabbids a lot.

Many of the games are short and energetic, and I often limit her time in the week as she has A levels to concentrate on. So short games gave her a quick fix!

Revision...God spare me! :star:

Ooh, you beat JP, he hasnt got his yet!

Have fun!

G has had her Wii for months, she pre-ordered one when they first came out. She's always been keen on Nintendo, she still has her very first Gameboy, as well as every updated model.

The Zelda game is good fun. The little packed game with the Wii Zapper (a different Zelda game) is meant to be good too. The Wii Zapper itself however is meant to be rubbish. My bro always says Wario Ware is the best of the party games in his opinion.

All the games suggested so far... plus Big Brain Academy - it's very addictive and great fun, and you can "grow" your brain with practice so it can get quite competitive if there are a few of you playing it. R's brain is 42 grams bigger than mine now :tearful: (he's only 7!).

Wow! So many new games coming up that I really want to get. Mario Kart Wii, Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command (being an ex-warhammer player I'm really excited about this), Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Sega Superstars Tennis. Soooo many games, so little money :lol:

I bought Mario Kart Wii today! :thumbs: Must keep reminding myself not to play for too long as it makes my arms sore :lol:

I saw the first post on your thread and missed the date to begin with.

I was about to make sure you were not skipping college....sick... to play with your new wii.

:lol: Karen.

my sons just got one and he loves mario galaxy and Wario Wear although i find it hard!!!!!! He likes wii sports too!

i had a go on one for a few hours a few weeks back and i found it frustrating trying to co-ordinate it.

Im still enjoying my PS2 and "grandtheft auto San andreas" with all the mindless violence and the apache helicopter and jump jet.

i had a go on one for a few hours a few weeks back and i found it frustrating trying to co-ordinate it.

Im still enjoying my PS2 and "grandtheft auto San andreas" with all the mindless violence and the apache helicopter and jump jet.

LOL My J wants this game so badly, grandtheft auto this and grandtheft auto that, its all he talks about, he doesnt have it as its really bad for kids, but he would love to play it, we got the wii for his birthday and he loves it, wants the one that you stand on next, but thats gonna have to be a x mas pressie.

JsMum

LOL JSmum! Its age 18 game for a good reason!! plus not only the violence etc but within a week he'll be coming out with all sorts of american black gang culture comments and language which isnt erm shall we say polite or PC :lol:

You know its gone horribly wrong when you refer to your family and friends as "homies" and your street as "da 'hood" :lol:

Guest Lya of the Nox

we have grandtheft i our house, and he is waiting for new one to come out :banman:

i have a 17 year old, but for years poor b*ger had to play it with the sound off, cos meggzi was in room close

i gave up with him on ratings a few years ago, but am still fussy bout meggz and her mates

Im glad i dont have kids :lol: because i sometimes take it too seriously and scream back at the tv screen as i take it all personally when things go wrong!!! Yes i wouldnt want innocent ears hearing some of what i scream :lol:

Good job im not a kid any more as i remember as a child i used to get my mouth washed out with soap if i said any such words!!!!!! :lol:

Im glad i dont have kids :lol: because i sometimes take it too seriously and scream back at the tv screen as i take it all personally when things go wrong!!! Yes i wouldnt want innocent ears hearing some of what i scream :lol:

Good job im not a kid any more as i remember as a child i used to get my mouth washed out with soap if i said any such words!!!!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You should hear some of the language that comes from me when I play those things. Normally I hardly ever swear but for some reason playing those types of games brings it out. Even just playing Dawn of War had me cursing at the screen when things didn't go as they were supposed to.

On the subject of games/film ages, I've been playing 18s since I was about 13 and watching 18s since I was 6. Although Childs Play gave me nightmares years later and I still can't deal with sleeping in a room with china dolls.

I'd call you a cow, but you're a boy, so I'll call you a lucky git instead!

I hope you enjoy it. Let us know what you think of it please :D

Ooooooo I want a Wii Fit......but my boys just laugh at me :(

What sort of games/stuff do you do on a wii fit ????

Clare x x x

Well there is muscle, balance, aerobic and yoga. I've unlocked quite a few so far. I ended up spending nearly 2hrs on there today, my legs are sore and am about to go to bed. There are games such as the hula hoop game and jogging.

i guess its a good idea if youve no room for exercise bike or dont want to go to gym etc.

I was thinking of maybe like a pedal thing people could have under desk at work or home so when sitting down people can exercise legs still despite sedantry lifestyles.

are the games actually fun??

OJ got Mariokart for his birthday and its great fun (when he allows me to play - and I think he only does that because he knows he'll always beat me!!!)

A few years ago I was the queen of Crash Team Racing in our house but now the kids have overtaken me and make fun of my obviously degenerating brain cells and aging reflexes!!!

OJ taught me how to play Tanks yesterday but I had to hide behind a wall and he would then use my tank if his got blown up - I give up!!

Stella x

Well there is muscle, balance, aerobic and yoga. I've unlocked quite a few so far. I ended up spending nearly 2hrs on there today, my legs are sore and am about to go to bed. There are games such as the hula hoop game and jogging.

Do you think they make a difference, you know burn fat :lol: