Bagpuss

Anyone booked their holiday for this year?

Fancy stopping off at my house on the way?

Absolutely........I know you bake, that always swings it for me! :thumbs:

Seriously though, be nice to pop in for a cuppa. Your very brave inviting us all Tally, be afraid..... :whistle:

She's a complicated soul, that kitty. She has to be locked away when I have guests, otherwise she eats them :rolleyes:

Right now she is sitting on my desk and I am having to type around her, preferably without touching her.

we are booked for Portugal in April and im already worrying about the flight, i do this every time :wallbash: Hopefully once ive stopped worrying over the flight we will have a good hol, im fine once im there!!! I also wanted to go to Scotland again as its my fave place but we have relatives in france who expect us to go there instead which you'd think would be nice, but its not the travelling is an absolute nightmare!!!

Ah, but I have a secret weapon as well.

Who needs a guard dog.It was reported on the TV that postman had refused to deliver to an individual who had a cat that attacked them.Now I know who it was. :lol::lol::lol:

we are booked for Portugal in April and im already worrying about the flight, i do this every time :wallbash: Hopefully once ive stopped worrying over the flight we will have a good hol, im fine once im there!!! I also wanted to go to Scotland again as its my fave place but we have relatives in france who expect us to go there instead which you'd think would be nice, but its not the travelling is an absolute nightmare!!!

Have you thought about flying to France Brooke? I know you are nervous about flying, but it would cut your travelling down so much.

DH is desperate to go to America. I'd love to conquer my fear of flying to be able to go. As you know we had to cancel our planned holiday to Spain last year with my mum and her partner, due to my fear.

Maybe you and I should go on a Fear of Flying course at Newcastle? Although we'd probably sneak out and find somewhere nice to eat. :lol:

well i really feel i need to do something about this phobia as its getting ridiculus!!! I worry so much about the flight then when im there im worrying about the flight home and its all my own fault for booking the hols in the first place :whistle: Its just nice to go abroad and the flights are ok when im in the air its just the landing and taking off that i hate!! Flying to france doesnt make a difference unfortuatley as its when we get to paris we have 3 trains to catch and it takes forever and the kids dont need the stress of that journey, nor do we for that matter :lol: Last time some french woman was complaining about us because G was crying :wallbash:

Edited by brooke

oh and i forgot to mention the inlaws booked for us all to go to disneyland america next year :thumbs: which will be brill for the kids but the flight oh my!!! Im looking into direct flights and i read virgin atlantic are meant to be good so i think we'l just have to pay the extra and go with them thats if i survive the portugal flights :crying::rolleyes: You wouldnt think i hated flying :wacko:

Brooke, that is fantastic, what a wonderful holiday you will all have.

I always presumed that all flights to America were direct.....where do some of them stop off at, and how long are the flights?

BTW, I think your really brave for flying, when you find it so nerve wracking :notworthy: ........I just don't bother, and then we end up missing out on so much, plus DS is now scared of flying :(

Edited by Bagpuss

Yup. I've booked us a nice cottage in Dorset near Lyme Regis as JP wants to go fossil hunting. That isnt til June, seems a long way off & there were special offers at Center Parcs & we've not been for a couple of years, so we have a w/e there in April. Then theres mr p's familys Big Family Holiday in Derbyshire in Aug so we have a week there.

End of Sep I am looking for a long w/e in Venice for me & mr p as we didnt do much for our milestone anniversary last year. Life is opening up a bit now JP can be left so we've a lot of catching up to do.

So thats my year sorted :thumbs: I cant do "last minute", I like to know whats happening.

I booked mine back in august

we are going to the dominican for 3 weeks in the summer hols, Ive been saving up forever for it and its the first holiday ive been able to take my girls on since i split from their dad 9 years ago so I'm really looking forward to it :D

we are going to book in february for eygpt for october half term. Many protests from J as he thinks there will be sand storms and hurricanes. spoke to travel agent aswell and they were really helpful with regard to J and crowded airports, and having to wait to board, as J gets very anxious at having to wait for long periods. They said we can do a late check in and also get a dr letter to say that he doesn't cope well in crowded places etc and we can board last

Brooke, that is fantastic, what a wonderful holiday you will all have.

I always presumed that all flights to America were direct.....where do some of them stop off at, and how long are the flights?

Most flights stop somewhere in america first normally JFK but the kids wouldnt cope with that. I have heard virgin are good if anyone has a disability so we will let them know about the boys as the direct flight will be 9hrs long :wacko: I can just see it now them wacking the chair infront, running up and down the ailses ect. We will be the family from hell!!!!! I think they also have game consoles onflight which will be a godsend. The boys will be 8, 5 and 4 by then though so hopefully not too bad!

this holiday booking subject is a sore point for me :tearful::tearful::tearful:

Last year we booked two weeks in menorca. Spent a whole year looking forward to it. At the last minute Bill dug his heels in and refused to go. Left him back in Blighty in the care of his dad and then had to cut our holiday short by 6 days because I got a phone call to say he'd ran out of the house in the middle of the night threatening to kill himself :tearful: Not to mention that Ben wasn't happy on the holiday anyway due to too many people and boredom (yes!!!! sun, sea, swimming pool, gorgeous food..and he was bored and jittery :unsure::rolleyes: ).

We won't be booking a sunny holiday again. I'll probably take dd on another city break (took her to Florence year before last and promised to do Rome or Venice next time... she's an art enthusio :rolleyes: )... and then will take Ben to Disney Land again in December.

The only kind of holiday Bill wants to go on are the kind where he gets his own room (costs a fortune) and where he can sit in his room with the curtains closed playing the nintendo :unsure:

Ho bloomin' hum!!

Flora

We're doing the Florida thing for three weeks. We've been meaning to do it for years, but C's never really been up to it. He still isn't, but we thought we'll end up never going, so we have bribed him with a dolphin swim at Discovery Cove and he has agreed to come. We have hired a villa with a pool, so we can have the odd "chill-out" day at the villa and just let C relax and get some down-time.

He wants to go to Japan, because they have a Pokemon theme park there and Pikachu aeroplanes :rolleyes: ! Maybe one day.....

Thanks for sharing all your holiday plans. It's been lovely to read through where everyone is hoping to go.

I'm feeling abit miserable about not flying still. I've been checking out the Fear of Flying courses. DH has been trying to encourage me to book one, but I'm worried about it.

Actually I think I'm probably more nervous about being on a day's course with a lot of peeps I've never met, dealing with something personal which has really affected me, rather than being taken up in the plane :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bagpuss

i wouldnt mind doing one of those fear of flying courses if you wanted someone to go with. Are they expensive? I will have to look into if they do them at Newcaslte but i do know you have to go on a flight at the end :unsure:

We are just back from a very wet and windy break at Whinfell Forest and looking forward to 2 weeks in Egypt in the summer. Hopefully will fit in a short break to London to wet ds appetite for sunnier climes with King Tut exhibition in London.

Carrie

have not booked a holiday as such but am planning a suprise 3 days to veince on the 13th feb for me and other half any suggestions of where to stay needed as there are so many hotels to choose from! :thumbs: Will prob do a big holiday at the end of the summer with the kids and am planning a long weekend to Devon at the beginning of the summer holidays. Cant wait for some sun!!

No not yet, we usually do it by march/april time!! you will have to tell where abouts etc tonight baggy! we went to cornwall last year not far from bude, beautiful place!! if we don't go abroad it will definetly be down that way again!! I love the colour of the sea and place is just lovely!! we tend to stay in a cottage though.

Guest Lya of the Nox

not booking a biggie this year

but am working ( hard hard hard) towards a weekend in new forest

then we wait and see how big man job goes

x

Thanks for sharing all your holiday plans. It's been lovely to read through where everyone is hoping to go.

I'm feeling abit miserable about not flying still. I've been checking out the Fear of Flying courses. DH has been trying to encourage me to book one, but I'm worried about it.

Actually I think I'm probably more nervous about being on a day's course with a lot of peeps I've never met, dealing with something personal which has really affected me, rather than being taken up in the plane :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope you go on the course Baggy. But Cornwall is soooo lovely, my favourite english place I think.

We don't usually think about our holidays this early, but I will be going to the Edinburgh fringe this year, performing with an amateur theatre company. I'm really excited as I've never been to the Fringe and have always wanted to go, and to be taking part will be amazing. I've never even been to Scotland at all.

Now, any ideas how to combine my antics with a family holiday in the area would be welcome. L wants to go too. :dance: so we'll have to think carefully about it.

K x

Kathryn you will love Edinburgh, and it is well worth travelling a bit if you have time. You could see so many lovely places with Edinburgh as a base.

The fringe creates a fantastic atmosphere.

nic

Edinburgh is fab Kathryn you will love it. Didnt know you did amdram (so does mr p) what will yoube doing?

We'll be doing Alice in Wonderland with a bit of music added in. :) We'll be doing it locally first in May/June half term at an open air theatre.

I know nothing about Edinburgh, so I hope you'll give me a few tips, Nic and Pearl! :)

K x