angel77

pancake day

Hi,

Thanks, yes I'm making some. We also have an extra person for tea so I will want to make a good impression. Lots of them, lemon, sugar, chocolate and other goodies.

Your welcome to gatecrash. I like mine with lemon and sugar too.

Angel.

I have bought fresh lemons & limes this year B)

Every time its pancake tuesday, I think, ooh we should have pancakes more often.

Then thats it for another year.

J used to have pancakes every day for breakfast when we trialled the gf diet. I think he rather misses them now that we're back on 'normal' food. Don't think he's noticed it's pancake day so it'll be a nice surprise for him tomorrow.

I like sugar and lemon, J likes his with Gr**n and Bl*ck's chocolate spread.

Karen (off to make my batter...)

x

Yeap we'll be having pancakes too, well that's if I remember to get some eggs !!!

I like mine with lemon and sugar too :eat:

Clare x x x

we all love pancakes as long as i dont make them :lol: with 5 of us (my excuse) i buy them ready made put um in the frying pan,warm um up and off u go :lol:

Edited by rach04

Hmmmmm, yummy pancakes :thumbs:

We'll be having ours with lemon & sugar, we also have them with choccy sauce and vanilla icecream......oh, and scrummy syrup.

Will be dreading weigh in on Wednesday :rolleyes:

Edited by Bagpuss

we all love pancakes as long as i dont make them :lol: with 5 of us (my excuse) i buy them ready made put um in the frying pan,warm um up and off u go :lol:

I'm glad its not just me. :lol: I have a large family too and it just takes the stress out of it, I've also got a bottle mix just incase I run out. B)

We're having them today :clap: because we're off oout tommorrow for tea.

We're fruit freaks here - strawberries, nanas, apples, grapes, ickle bit of cream. Or lemon and sugar. OR maple syrup :thumbs:

Yum, yum.

OR maple syrup :thumbs:

Maple syrup is a vegetable. It comes from trees and trees are vegetables, therefore syrup must be a vegetable. I think I could manage my 5-a-day on maple syrup! :eat::eat1::lol:

i dont make any :rolleyes: i should really cos that sounds bad,i will wait till kate knows its pancake day!!knowing my luck the school will tell her and i will have to rush to shops!!oh i feel guilty now,right im gonna make some,ive decided!!

Yes - we are making, or rather Leona and I are at a friends for dinner so we'll be having. Logans respite carer is here and he doesn't eat pancakes LOL

Lemon juice and sugar - delicious!

Lynne x

Hayley's favourite is chocolate either n*t*lla or Gr**n and Bl*cks.

I love butter and maple syrup.

I also like savoury fillings with them too.

nic

We have pancakes for dessert on Fridays, if we've all made it to the end of the week without eruptions and meltdowns.

Getting better, I used to make them on Wednesdays, as a three day run was a success.

Perhaps one day, I'll be making them only in the holidays?

After Pancake Day comes Ash Wednesday, then Lent....so what are you going to give up?

Edited by Bard

I'm a lemon and sugar person myself. :) But I wouldn't say no to caramel, cream, icecream or cinnamon either.

Tomorrow I'll also be doing savoury ones with a ham and cheese sauce filling.

What am I going to give up for Lent?

Self - denial. :)

K x

Every year I express my shock that peeps buy packets of flour and powdered egg to save ALL the trouble of mixing an egg into some flour and adding milk... This year it's even worse! FROZEN pancakes? Pancake ready-mix in a bokkle?? God - whatever next? Microwavable baked beans for people who can't wait the minute it takes to warm a saucepan?

NO............ YOU'RE JOKING???? :o:o:o NO....... :o

NO................. :o:o

That's just wrong......

;)

Ben will be having lemon and sugar (cos I forgot and haven't bought any specials) but I might let him have ONE with sliced marshamallows and Sveedish Glace... who knows, I migh even have one myself :)

Every year I express my shock that peeps buy packets of flour and powdered egg to save ALL the trouble of mixing an egg into some flour and adding milk... This year it's even worse! FROZEN pancakes? Pancake ready-mix in a bokkle?? God - whatever next? Microwavable baked beans for people who can't wait the minute it takes to warm a saucepan?

NO............ YOU'RE JOKING???? :o:o:o NO....... :o

NO................. :o:o

That's just wrong......

;)

Ben will be having lemon and sugar (cos I forgot and haven't bought any specials) but I might let him have ONE with sliced marshamallows and Sveedish Glace... who knows, I migh even have one myself :)

Your joking arn't you? They already do microwavable baked beans in little pots.

In my defence I have never got any flour in.

Enjoy your pancakes.

does he buy frozen mash then?it tasted like the real thing when he cooked for me last week ;)

No - I once got a big fat lecture from him (on a previous thread) for buying it. :lol::lol:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

ive never tried frozen mash,that would go well with the microwave spaghetti hoops :thumbs:

My home made mash always has lumps in, so I gave up in the end. :rolleyes:

K x

So my Mum told me. But I reckon an hour or so is enough so I'll risk doing it tomorrow. I'll finish work early.

An hour to make batter??!! :unsure: What are you mixing it with, a toothpick? :P

K x

Ah, you make it the proper way :) . Mine never stands

We can solve this, and the disgreemets over bottle and frozen pancakes the easy way.

You all send me one of your pancakes and I will, although it will be a real struggle, sacrifice my time to perform a taste test :eat::eat1:

does he buy frozen mash then?it tasted like the real thing when he cooked for me last week

No - I once got a big fat lecture from him (on a previous thread) for buying it. :lol::lol:

K x

I've gotta say i'm really offended by all this 'he' and 'him' stuff......

They should be CAPITAL aitches :whistle::whistle:

I've gotta say i'm really offended by all this 'he' and 'him' stuff......

They should be CAPITAL aitches :whistle::whistle:

Only if you can turn water into wine! :wine: