bid

Well, that was all a bit too exciting!

I woke up early this morning with really bad left-sided chest pain...on further investigation I realised I couldn't catch my breath because the pain was so bad :ph34r:

Well I got up, did the shopping, washing, etc, etc, hoping it would just sort of 'go away', which of course it didn't. So eventually I was persuaded to phone the Out of Hours GP service, who sent me straight to A&E :crying:

So I've just got back from having an ECG, which thank goodness was normal...

BUT, I have got something called Costochondritis :crying::crying: It's inflammation of the cartiledge joining my ribs to my sternum, and it's flippin' painful, I can tell you! Although A&E dosed me up on 3 different painkillers, so I'm all blissed out at the mo :hypno:

When it flares up it can last for 2 to 3 weeks, apparently...so mucho choklitt and sofa-rest for me, doctor's orders! ;)

Boho :(

Edited by bid

Ouch! I have a pain in the neck most of the time, but I get a few hours break from it when he's at school :lol:

Hope it (whatever the opposite of 'flares' is) down soon

BD :)

>:D<<'> Ooh Bid, much sympathy! I had that a few years ago after a bad bout of bronchitis so I know how painful it is. Take it easy and rest as much as you can. >:D<<'>

Bid >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Enjoy the rest.I know it is probably not much of a consolation but it sounds like it is flippin painful...but not one of the more worrying possible things it could have been.I hope that being blissed out is a good experience for you and the family....I have been known to get very stroppy and argumentative on certain painkillers. :lol::lol::lol: Karen.

Ohhhhhhhh ouchie! :(>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Find a fleecy blanket - find chocolit - find book - & snuggle - or better still, design the next room to be bid-dazzled!

>:D<<'> :)

Ouch bid that must have been scary!! >:D<<'>

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now.

Hope you're going to be well enough for 5th April!

Flora XX

Hiya - only just read this...hope you are feeling better now >:D<<'>

I noticed one of the other posts mentioning Fibromyalgia...I have Fibro and have suffered with the pain of costochondritis - u have my every sympathy cos it does flippin hurt! >:D<<'>

Reason for my post if that as well as taking painkillers and rest etc I also see my chirpractor and i've found that to really help ease the pain a lot quicker.

Might be worth you looking at a chiro if the pains still pretty severe this week >:D<<'>

Mmmmm...I think something or other may be going on with me :(

About a month ago I woke up and every single joint in my body hurt to wotsit, even my fingers and toes...and my feet and hands were really puffy. I mean really, really hurt :(

I have to admit I was too scared to go to the GP (just couldn't face the prospect of tests, etc, etc), so I dosed myself up with my DH's heavy-duty painkillers he has for a back injury which got me through the morning, but by the end of the day I was fine again...

So, not sure what's going on, but have a nasty suspicion something is not right :(

Boho :(

Just read this Bid - sorry to hear what's been going on. :( I hope you find out what's causing the flare ups - don't be scared to go back to the docs if it persists.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

After reading your last post Bid I won't make anymore jokes about you being ODD!!

IMO I think if it still continues this week go back to Dr and see what he has to say. >:D<<'>

Ka x x