mumble_rocks

What do you think???

Hi,

I am producing a video for Scouts, we are a Special needs group and have a few on the Autistic Spectrum. We have a few new scouts who are being very cautious about them, and this is starting to reflect on the group.

I have been asked to produce a video to give a bit of an insight into Autism and have produced a video which I have now put on YouTube. If anyone gets a minute can you look over this for me and tell me if there is anything you feel is important to be put in or things that need to be removed!

Thanks

Autism Awareness

I liked it too - very good. I hesitate to say this one thing - just one or two of the words overwritten I couldn't quite read sometimes - might just be me as I am colour blind but just check with everyone else its all clear. I did really love it though - and the music went really well too.

Hi Mumble rocks

Really good, certainly makes you think and hits home some of the main issues facing Autistic people.

Excellent!

However some of the writing is difficult to read because of colour and background and some is out of focus.

I am not colour blind :)

Lets hope it gets the message home to not only the scouts but leaders too

Hi MR :D

Excellent! :thumbs::thumbs:

A quick couple of 'proof reading' points you'll hopefully find helpful...

On the 'literal thinking' bit you've put 'he bite my head off' instead of 'he bit my head off'

Depending on the intended audience, you may want to qualify a couple of the points you've made - the 'Han's Christian Anderson/Albert Einstein' bit to read 'it is now believed that...' (or words to that effect) and the bit about old/new statistics with a mention of 'growing awarness and clearer diagnosis'...

(I think the wording on the latter would avoid any 'heckles' about possible MMR links, etc and the former avoid the odd pedant in the audience who said, 'yer-but they couldn't have been formally diagnosed!' :lol: )

I didn't have a problem with the captions, but given that many autistics themelves have colour issues it's a good point to think about. I'll say NOTHING about the music you chose, as I'm sure MY taste in music would STOP people from looking :lol: Yours has much wider 'appeal' :whistle: ...

Absolutely, brill - well done :notworthy:

BD :D

Thanks, everyone!!!!

Baddad, I have changed the version I am going to show to Scouts but I am not going to alter the YouTube video!

Thank you all very very very much for looking at this for me!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Now BD has started the proof-reading, I'll add mine - I wasn't sure if it would be OK to do that or not. So, not criticisms, just me being an over-pedantic, picky person...

'alot louder' - should read 'a lot louder'

On the bit/bite page, an apostrophe is needed so it reads 'their head's still there'

The speaking/'non verbal' page may confuse - how about having it as three bullet points (and before anyone bites my head off, I know it is more complicated than that!) - 'Some autistics may never speak, some will have delayed speech, others will have no such delay'

and then on that same page, an apostrophe is needed - 'we're all different'

The Grandin quote (which I like :thumbs:) needs quote marks at the beginning.

On general things:

I found some of the colours difficult, but not impossible to read, except for the text on the bubble background page near the end which I couldn't see.

You might want to say that boys are dx'ed 4 times more than girls (we don't know if boys are more susceptible to autism or just more likely to be dx'ed)

Near the beginning you say that 1 in 100 people are autistic. Later on you say that 1 in 150 are autistic. They need to both read the same (I think I in 100 is generally quoted now).

Told you I was pedantic :lol::P Going to find a large rock to hide under now. :ph34r::unsure:

Thanks Mumble!! I need someone like you for college, I need someone who will give constuctive critism! Thanks and you can come out from behind the rock now and I wont kill you infact >:D<<'> Thanks!!

I am tempted to alter the youtube video now and remove it and then edit it and then put it back on there!!

Mumble - your Rock!!!! That was absolutely brilliant!!!! Well done to you!! Completely the right music. I was getting quite emotional!

Just a suggestion, but could you add Bill Gates to your list of "brilliant people" or would you be slapped with a writ?

Again, well done to you!

Mumble,

I think the comments that have been made are accurate. I like the bubbles but it did make it difficult to read.

If you edit it and put it back that will be fantastic for everyone.

Its good to get the message across loud and clear.

I liked the music

Lynne