Karen A

Snow in South East in April

Hi All.

We have snow in London this morning.Ben woke us up very excited becuase it was snowing.I don't know how long it will lie for so we may have an early Sunday start. :thumbs::thumbs:

Good job I didn't put my winter clothes away when I had my summer clothes on on Thursday.Karen.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's all settling - we've got loads - I'm on the top of the hill and all white outside :D :D

Unfortunately I have loads of work to do today, but I may allow myself out later :D

Can't believe I was in a short-sleeved shirt and sitting in the park two days ago :unsure::wacko:

Yes, we got it in central London, HUGE flakes too, but its more sleety now.

I got camera pics and little videos : )

A lovely blanket of snow is covering my part of Hampshire.

In 1998 I experienced a white Easter in Bath and thought the weather was taking the biscuit. There is a theory that climate change will make Britain colder.

Hi All.

We have snow in London this morning.Ben woke us up very excited becuase it was snowing.I don't know how long it will lie for so we may have an early Sunday start. :thumbs::thumbs:

Good job I didn't put my winter clothes away when I had my summer clothes on on Thursday.Karen.

Hi

It's great I love snow, but have to go to work later! maybe I'll get snowed in. (hopefully)

It is so weird, I was in The Garden on Friday soaking up the sun, and now snow boots on, One of the reasons I love this country is it's barking mad weather. Lovely eccentric people, and lovely eccentric weather. Hooray!!! for us. I'm off sledging

Harmony

x

Guest Lya of the Nox

"lookin out window "

nope NO snow here

lya keppin summer clothes on !!!!!

:whistle:

LOADS here...

Ben's golf lesson's been cancelled so we're off for a walk in the woods in a mo (if we get there - I suspect Ben will get his hands frozen/gloves soaked throwing snowballs before we reach the woods and whine to come home! :rolleyes: )

Later we're gonna have an 'unofficial Christmas dinner' - basically posh up the sunday chicken with some bacon & stuff - and I've been experimenting with a GF/DF almond pastry case and tofu based DF cheesecake filling, so I'm gonna combine the two for the first time for 'christmas' pud! :thumbs:

Hmmmmmmmm..... off to stick a bokkle of cava in the fridge! :thumbs::thumbs:

Now where did i leave those leftover crackers?

Get Noddy on the CD player.......

IT'S CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!

Snow here too.

And this afternoon, would you believe is our first outdoor rehearsal for an open air production I'm doing in June. :o:blink: Up till now we've been indoors - the director decided to wait till April as the weather is er..better.

Think of me later - it's THREE HOURS LONG and no shelter. :crying: :crying:

K x

Guest Lya of the Nox
LOADS here...

Ben's golf lesson's been cancelled so we're off for a walk in the woods in a mo (if we get there - I suspect Ben will get his hands frozen/gloves soaked throwing snowballs before we reach the woods and whine to come home! :rolleyes: )

Later we're gonna have an 'unofficial Christmas dinner' - basically posh up the sunday chicken with some bacon & stuff - and I've been experimenting with a GF/DF almond pastry case and tofu based DF cheesecake filling, so I'm gonna combine the two for the first time for 'christmas' pud! :thumbs:

Hmmmmmmmm..... off to stick a bokkle of cava in the fridge! :thumbs::thumbs:

Now where did i leave those leftover crackers?

Get Noddy on the CD player.......

IT'S CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!

god your sad lol

got snow here now tho :bounce::dance:

I think the olympic torch is coming to London today...I don't think people expected to be watching in the snow.

Next Sunday is the London marathon....unless the weather changes in the next few days more chance of people getting hypothermia than sun burn or dehydration. :) Karen.

i couldnt believe it when i woke up and saw the snow :thumbs: its stopped now but good while it lasted :thumbs:

we had snow here too this am. Got woken up by a liitle voice shouting to us up the stairs 'mum, dad look out of the window it's snowing!!' to which I thought yeah righto but I looked out of the window and........yes it was snowing....But now though you would never had even known there was snow about 2" thick on the ground!! :(

Snow mostly gone now. Been up all night with poorly dog and couldnt believe it when it started a blizzard at 7 this morning. It started with a huge clap of thunder which shook the house.

Dog perked up when she saw the snow and spent the morning playing in it without a care in the world.

Just stopped snowing here, and there's a couple of inches in the back garden. Don't expect it'll last more than a couple of hours though.

Karen

x

god your sad lol

got snow here now tho :bounce::dance:

Sad? SAD?? Look at this baby and weep! :)

YUM

blummin'

YUM

(smirk smirk - smug smug)

We had a WONDERFUL un-christmas... the woods were bootiful all covered in snow and that...

A near perfect day (apart from a little outburst just before dinner but the poor wee fella was so creamed after the woodwalk/snowballing etc he fell asleep on the sofa afterwards... and ben was just as bad! :whistle:;)

Definitely a 'keeper' - (the day, not the cheesecake, though that said Ben gave it eight and a half which is better than rice pudding and second only to pancakes! And that's without a fruit topping!)

:D

YUM

blummin'

YUM

We had a WONDERFUL un-christmas... the woods were bootiful all covered in snow and that...

A near perfect day (apart from a little outburst just before dinner but the poor wee fella was so creamed after the woodwalk/snowballing etc he fell asleep on the sofa afterwards... and ben was just as bad! :whistle:;)

Definitely a 'keeper' - (the day, not the cheesecake, though that said Ben gave it eight and a half which is better than rice pudding and second only to pancakes! And that's without a fruit topping!)

I'm sure Delia would be proud! :)

It was bizarre - the outdoor rehearsal wasn't quite as bad as expected. We got a few flurries of snow alternating with warm sunshine. Weird. :rolleyes:

K x

I too got woken up by my children very excited and shouting that it was snowing, some of the snowflakes were quite big too but it didn't settle much, however they still managed to make a snowman, about 12inches high with a carrot nose and 4 eyee, not really sure why 4 currant eyes, lol maybe some were for the mouth and they even had twiggy arms !!!

I wish in some ways it had snowed tha little bit more so they could enjoy it >:D<<'>

YUM

blummin'

YUM

There's a 'nole in the top of your pud that you've tried to cunningly disguise with a sprig of basil!! :o:shame:

Boho :devil:

Edited by bid

There's a 'nole in the top of your pud that you've tried to cunningly disguise with a sprig of basil!! :o:shame:

Boho :devil:

Ben's finger - he couldn't wait to taste... The cunning disguise wasn't cunning enough - it was supposed to look like mint! :lol: (should have gone around the edges with the pinking shears)

It was luvverly, but with 4oz ground almonds and the same of GF flour the pastry ended up costing an almond a leg... :whistle: