Flora

New school

Bill will start his new school tomorrow. I'm taking him myself in the morning. He will be back via a taxi on Friday afternoon. It's good because they finish at 2pm every Friday so he'll be home at a normal school finishing time time (it's a 2 hour journey). He will be going for 3 nights next week, 3 nights the week after (due to bank holiday), then the week after that will be his first full-time week, of 4 nights.

Amazingly I haven't started fretting at all yet. In fact I'm really excited for him. I know there may well be some settling in problems but he has been out of school for over a year now so he's very very ready to go back and he will be starting his intensive OT and will be having SALT input etc. Although I don't know how youtube will exist without him!!!

Flora

Flora,

Hope all goes well tomorrow. After all you've been through to get here it seems a bit surreal to read your opening sentence: can you believe it's happening at last?

Thinking of you both

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

After all you've been through to get here it seems a bit surreal to read your opening sentence: can you believe it's happening at last?

It's really weird Kathryn, it still hasn't really sunk in. I have had a numb feeling since I got the results of the tribunal and it hasn't really changed! I rather KNOW I'm pleased than FEEL pleased IYKWIM.

I don't think it'll sink in until he's going full time... then I'll be here complaining because I'm missing him :lol:

Flo' X

Wow, Flora, that came round quick! :o Very best of luck for tomorrow, hopes it goes really well for you all. How is Bill feeling, is he excited?? >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Hope it all goes well tomorrow this is a big step for you all >:D<<'> ...seems like they grow up all of a sudden does,nt it :tearful: .Hope you all sleep well tonight best wishes suzex

i know exactly how you feel flo,i will be thinking of you both tomorrow,its exciting and nervewracking,if you need a virtual shoulder to cry on at any time im your girl!! i went through every emotion going when steve started residential,well you know that anyway cos i posted every single emotion i was feeling :lol:

Good luck tommorow, when you feel down just remember he is now getting the right help, and you can look towards the future >:D<<'>

Thanks for all the messages everyone >:D<<'>

Over the past few weeks he's been really calm, and in his own way looking forward to going to the new school. Looking forward may be a bit of a strong way of putting it, more a relief to know that where he is going is somewhere that he can feel comfortable in. Tonight though he's in a really really bad mood. Obviously the stress is getting to him. Refusing to have a shower (he'll have to go to school as he is because I'm not fighting with him over that!). I went in to his room and helped him pack the console he's taking, some games, books and his mascot owl Hairwig; after we'd done all that he seemed a bit calmer. He told me he's worried about how long it takes him to dry his hair :unsure: Isn't it weird the things they worry about? But he hates having wet hair and he's worried that when he showers in the morning at school that he won't have time to get it dry and he'll be uncomfortable because his hair will still be wet throughout the morning (BTW he's got masses of thick curly hair!!!! I did suggest he had a haircut and it would take less time to dry... then had to make a hasty retreat because it didn't go down well!!!! He's not so much 'growing is hair', as just refusing to have it cut! Teenagers :rolleyes:

Anyway, he's had his Melatonin so hopefully that will kick in soon. I've emailed Head of Care to tell them he's worried about having wet hair blah blah.

Sorry for the blow by blow account but it relieves the stress to come on here and tell you lot about it :D

Flo' x

Only just found this - >:D<<'>

very VERY best for tomorrow (today now!)

'spect it's gonna be quite emoshunal for you in the morning, but just think how you're gonna feel when he gets home on Friday :thumbs::thumbs:

Big steps, for everyone concerned, but all in the right direction.

:D

gawd I,ve got butterflies for you this mornin, hope the journey is ok, and he settles there alright, I expect it,ll be happines (that he is in a good environment) and a real heart wrench for you at the same time :tearful: oh heck >:D<<'> big hugs girl be brave love suzex

Thanks for all the messages everyone >:D<<'>

Over the past few weeks he's been really calm, and in his own way looking forward to going to the new school. Looking forward may be a bit of a strong way of putting it, more a relief to know that where he is going is somewhere that he can feel comfortable in. Tonight though he's in a really really bad mood. Obviously the stress is getting to him. Refusing to have a shower (he'll have to go to school as he is because I'm not fighting with him over that!). I went in to his room and helped him pack the console he's taking, some games, books and his mascot owl Hairwig; after we'd done all that he seemed a bit calmer. He told me he's worried about how long it takes him to dry his hair :unsure: Isn't it weird the things they worry about? But he hates having wet hair and he's worried that when he showers in the morning at school that he won't have time to get it dry and he'll be uncomfortable because his hair will still be wet throughout the morning (BTW he's got masses of thick curly hair!!!! I did suggest he had a haircut and it would take less time to dry... then had to make a hasty retreat because it didn't go down well!!!! He's not so much 'growing is hair', as just refusing to have it cut! Teenagers :rolleyes:

Anyway, he's had his Melatonin so hopefully that will kick in soon. I've emailed Head of Care to tell them he's worried about having wet hair blah blah.

Sorry for the blow by blow account but it relieves the stress to come on here and tell you lot about it :D

Flo' x

We have the same hair problem, Nick refuses to have his hair cut, and on the days he wont shower he looks like the wild man of Borneo!! :lol::lol:

Hi All, thanks for your messages. >:D<<'>

We got there at about 10am and we had quite a good journey. We were listening to 5Live on the radio and there was a phone in about the Teachers' strike. A 'Mr Angry', rang in and was sprouting nonsense in a very angry way and Bill thought this was hillarious. When we got to the school he 'lost' his voice so didn't speak at all even to say goodbye, but this is normal for him so I wasn't too worried about that. We got his bags unpacked and put everything away and put a few personal things round his room and I set up his games console. It's like a 5 star hotel in there, each child with a really big bedroom and ensuite bathroom etc. Very nice. Then I had a coffee and a chat with Head of Care and then she took him down to his class and we went home. His sister came along too to see him off.

I feel a bit odd but ok about it all. The house feels very quiet, but I feel a bit guilty because it also feels lighter some how. Poor Bill has been so down for so long and I think we've just grown accustomed to having this sadness in the atmosphere. I feel awful for saying that, but the house feels like it's breathed a sigh of relief! :tearful: I love him so much but he really needs this and so do we all here!

Flora

Flora,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

So glad it all went OK today. I hope Bill settles in soon - looking forward to the next update.

K x

Flora, try not to beat yourself up, you're bound to go through all sorts of conflicting emotions for a while until you all settle into a routine. Look after yourself and give yourself a few treats and try to give yourself a break. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Big hugs >:D<<'> , you,ll have to take him out to his fave pizza restaraunt :eat: when he gets back at the weekend, give him a treat :thumbs: , sadly we can no longer go to our fave pizza restaraunt as they had the audacity to put a tiny piece of onion on my boys pizza the last time we were there, he refuses to go now :ph34r: . , have you spoken to him on the phone tonight??...........any news??, big hugs suzex

Hi guys

I spoke to him last night and he was very rational but a bit disappointed in a few things. For instance on his visits he had a particular work station in the classroom but when he went in yesterday someone else had that seat so he had to sit at another work station and this had really bothered him. A few more admin related things weren't prepared (usernames for workstations etc). I rang and spoke to someone and they have two members of staff off sick, one of whom is the girl who does all the organising. So it's not great but hopefully once these staff members are back things will run smoothly as usual.

So nothing major wrong, just a few settling in problems.

I've spoke to him again tonight and he feels a bit better.

So even though a few teeny grumbles, nothing major and nothing unfixable.

They are fab really. I'm in regular contact with the chef because one of Bill's major difficulties is with food. This chef is fab, he follows the recipes I gave him to the letter (even though they probably go against all his sensibilities as a chef!) so Bill is happy with the food.

He's also been playing video games with a boy he got friendly with when he was visiting. They are the same age, same class and seem to have hit it off so I'm really pleased about that. There's only three of them residential at the moment and this boy is one of them so it's worked out quite well.

He's coming home in a taxi tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait to see him. I'm really really really missing him now :rolleyes:

Flo' XXXX

Flora,

Have not managed to catch up with all the posts for a while, but just had to read yours, and read with such excitment for you and yearning for me, as you know this is where we would like to end up. I am so pleased to hear things are going well, even though there have been one or two minor hicups.

We met the Chef too, he seemed pretty cool

I did smile when you spoke of Bill's hair.....sounds just like Connor, he too has very thick long curly hair, I was thinking if he ever got to that school he'd have to have it cut, now I know that's one less thing to worry about.

Please do keep us posted on how things are going.

I am soooo pleased and soooo proud of you, it so must be worth all that anguish

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Thank you clare >:D<<'>

Well he's home and he's in a really 'teenagery' type mood! Mind it was probably my own fault, because I said his hair looked and smelled lovely and then asked him he'd been cleaning his teeth, and he gave me a filthy look and said 'are you finished now because I want to get on and read my emails' :o He hasn't spoke to me since :huh::lol:

Flora X

Thank you clare >:D<<'>

Well he's home and he's in a really 'teenagery' type mood! Mind it was probably my own fault, because I said his hair looked and smelled lovely and then asked him he'd been cleaning his teeth, and he gave me a filthy look and said 'are you finished now because I want to get on and read my emails' :o He hasn't spoke to me since :huh::lol:

Flora X

Yeah.... I bet inside he was frothing like Fotherington-Tomas - Hello Birds, Hello Sky - at the sheer overwhelming pleasure of seeing his dearest darling mummy again :D

Of course he can't let you know that, chiz chiz...

On the upside, the fact that he's not moaning means he's really happy (not moaning = really happy, moaning = 'okay', moaning constantly = 'normal', gloom and doom = a bit cheesed orf etc etc) on the teenage emotional barometer (if you see one smiling/laughing in the company of ADULTS RUN - it means the mainspring has broken and all hell is going to break loose...). Don't worry, if he's a boy, it will all even out when he's about 35. If it's a girl, it appears to clear up at around 22 but in fact just evolves into something else that has for some bizarre reason been accepted as 'normal' :wacko::whistle:

Glad his first nearly week went well :thumbs::thumbs:

:D