elun1

Fingers crossed for us tomorrow pleeeese!

Hi all

Well tomorrow is the day I'm taking my eldest W to the screening clinic. Will be very strange as this is where my little one was diagnosed just over 4 years ago. Please send us good vibes! The appointment is at 11am

Elun x

Good luck with your appointment today

X

:tearful: Well paed spent 2 hrs with us. He says he can see evidence of many behaviours suggestive of autism. When I asked him if I thought W would get a diagnosis he said 'I think it's very highly likely' I don't know what to feel. I feel sad, relieved I havent been going mad for years but mainly I feel so guilty I didnt pursue this ages ago. I havent told dh the whole truth yet. W doesnt know either. Some medical students played with him outside while we chatted.

Elun xx

(((((hug)))) good luck telling dh and look after yourself, it's a very tricky time emotionally! ;)

A x

>:D<<'> aw hun, it's never easy is it?

Just take your time and talk to him when your ready. Cry bucketloads when you need to just know when we're all here for you! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I think he probably does but he's never come to any meetings even about ds2 who is severely autistic. He has never told his work colleagues or discusses it at all. I feel numb numb. Thanks for your support. This is my only 'safe place' at the moment

Elun

Elun >:D<<'> I know it's not the news you wanted, but it's a step toward getting him the right support and understanding.

I think he probably does but he's never come to any meetings even about ds2 who is severely autistic. He has never told his work colleagues or discusses it at all. I feel numb numb. Thanks for your support. This is my only 'safe place' at the moment

Elun

Elun, big hugs >:D<<'>

Elun

Thinking of you all >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Bidx

Elun >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you. Go easy on yourself. >:D<<'>

With regards to DH, I know exactly what you mean, my DH was the same. He refused to acknowledge or talk about the 'a' word either to me or his family for a long, long time. If you can sit down with him and force him to get it out in the open it might open the floodgates. It did with my DH. I sat down and confronted him about it and he broke down and ran away crying, he'd been denying it, he just couldn't face it. This was a turning point, though, and now he talks opening to anyone who will listen about it, colleagues, mates out on bike rides with him, the postman, anyone! Bottom line is, Elun, you really need his support, you can't carry this all on your own, he HAS to come to terms with it and share it with you. :tearful:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

>:D<<'> Thankyou all so much. I've found it very hard to be at work today. I don't feel myself at all. Numb and physically very unwell. I don't know why I feel so shocked. Thankyou for your support

Elun xx

>:D<<'> Thankyou all so much. I've found it very hard to be at work today. I don't feel myself at all. Numb and physically very unwell. I don't know why I feel so shocked. Thankyou for your support

Elun xx

I think what you are feeling Elun is perfectly natural >:D<<'>