Sarah Perry

Hi - I'm new too!

Just like to introduce myself. I'm Sarah, (hitting the big 40 next Wed!!) and have been married to Andy for nearly 9 years. We live in Fleet, Hants. We have Nicholas who turned 7 in February who is autistic, in mainstream school and seems to be progressing well. He has always had alot of 1 to 1 adult support. We also have twin daughters Jessica and Kate who have just turned 5.

We received Nicholas' proposed statement about 3 weeks ago which we were overjoyed about but are concerned that 15 hours a week is not going to be sufficient to meet his additional needs, so are trying to increase that to 25 hours a week. Currently waiting to hear back!

Unfortunately we have just lost the appeal to get him into our first choice of junior school for Sept which we were pretty gutted about but are now coming to terms with (our 2nd choice is still a very good school). Our first choice of school is on the premises of his infant school where the majority of his classmates will be going. We're not catchment, but were just lucky to get all 3 into the infant school because of vacancies. From Sept I'm going to have to be in 2 different places at the same time - oh happy days! Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better . . .

(apparently it says that I joined back in April 05, maybe I did briefly but can't really remember!)

Edited by Sarah Perry

Hi Sarah -

welcome to the forum (or welcome back as the case may be? :lol: )

Sorry you didn't get your first choice school, but good that you're still happy about the transition :thumbs:

:D

hi sarah,

my son ben is 7 on monday - he has a fulltime statement and is in an asd unit attached to a mainstream school. definately worth fighting for the extra hours.

i have twins too who will be 5 in sept - joe and keira - joe is still being assessed

welcome to this forum

hi sarah..............just a thought........when a child has a statement you do have more of a "right"....(if thats the correct way of saying it)..to the school of your choice.If you believe that he will be better.... because of his autism ...staying at the school that was your first choice ,then now he is statemented ...even if the final document has,nt been agreed you still have a good chance :thumbs: of getting him in the school you want him to go to.I,d have a word today with your parent partnership and look to appealing if thats what you want to do.I say this as when my boy transferred to high school , all the statemented kids in our borough are "sorted " their places before the other pupils.This goes for kids on school action and action + too.Only you don,t carry as much clout without a statement.Best of luck suzex.

Hi Sarah Welcome to the forum >:D<<'>

I have 3 boys O is 7 and goes to an ASD unit at a different school to my other 2. Because this is where he needs to be he is entitled to transport, to and from school. I think if your child has a statement then you should also be entiltled to this. Hope that helps.

Brooke

Hi Sarah! :bounce:

Glad that you found your way here :thumbs:

Hope you've got a great Wednesday planned, or are you ignoring it and hoping it will go away?

See you again soon,

Nikki.

Hi Nikki!

Nice surprise 2 c u :)

Have already celebrated my 40th when we went whizzing down those Austrian slopes last month, so haven't got that much planned I don't think! Will be popping in at F'borough Grange on Tuesday am and on Thursday am of next week (with my b'day bang in the middle!) - Tues with just Nicholas and Thurs with the girls too (they're in Worcester at the mo with my parents 'til Tues afternoon). C ya! x

Sorry for the sloooooow reply - we were all running around like mad things getting organised for the donkey derby & then the weather put a stop to the whole thing! :rolleyes:

Ooooooh! how did the ski trip go? No injuries I hope!

We are decorating cakes at the meet-ups this week so we'd better do a special one just for you.... I promise not to try and stick enough candles on it though ;)

See you later.

Sorry for the sloooooow reply - we were all running around like mad things getting organised for the donkey derby & then the weather put a stop to the whole thing! :rolleyes:

So a load of wet asses on the beach then?

And some donkeys :whistle::devil:

BD - shut-it-you :P

T'was the chasing around of the windswept gazebo all day that put a stop to the ass'ing about...........

Sarah - I will remember to sing Happy Burfday extra loud on Thursday........... Hope you're no too hungover.......... :devil:;)

Ha ha Mary!!! Maybe I won't turn up after all then!!! Otherwise I'll be blushing and hiding under the table!! Have had a lovely birthday today and believe it or not (and sounds incredibly boring really), I haven't touched a drop of alcohol, so a hangover tomorrow morning I shall not have!! xx

Hi not said hi yet, so a lovely welcoming hello and a nice to meet you too, your family sound adorable, twin little girls, I have twins in my family too, very different individuals, but charming, your having problems with education too, well you have come to a great supportive site, hopefully you can be diverted into the right support resources like ipsea and ace.

A warm welcome.

JsMum