JenRose

We LOST the tribunal

:tearful:

we knew we had on the day.

the LEA were able to lie/convince the panel that dd has no significant SEN that cannot be met from their resources.

feeling very :tearful: and not sure where to go from here.

Oh Jen I'm so sorry. :tearful:

But although you can't think of what to do next I know you will. Give yourself a few days to catch your breath and start thinking. If there's anyone who can do this you can.

Karen

x

So sorry to hear that. I really have no experience here but hope someone can advise you. (((hug)))

A x

im absolutely gutted.

i think i knew when the tribunal started that they had already made their mind up.

the lea played a very good/dirty game.

since last tuesday we have written to the head of the lea asking for the ed psych to be removed from working with both our children as we feel the respect

and confidence that we should have is no longer there, she has gone into nursery on 4 seperate occasions and not attempted to speak to us and has

poo-poohed all our concerns.

she turned up at the tribunal and gave a verbal report,she had gone into nursery the previous thursday and observed/asessed dd and not spoke to us or explained her findings.

we feel we need a new fresh start.

the panel say in their report that :

"it is clear from the parents evidence that many of their concerns arise from a lack of understanding of the professional reports and that improved

communication,particularly with regard to the significance of dd,s test results would be likely to assist them"

perhaps had we not been dismissed and ignored in the first place there would not have been a need for a hearing.

they also mention the CDC,s asessment in 2006 and our independent psychs concerns that dd is on the spectrum, that has been denied and ignored by

school and the ed psych and we have been continually told that we are over anxious, but we know we are not.

im hoping that there will be a meeting now with us and the school and the lea to see what will happen, dd is still incontinent and has emotional difficulties.

we proved that the lea/school had lied on many counts in the tribunal but that has been ignored.

Hi Jenrose, soo sorry that you have lost, I feel really sad when I read these posts as it feels like a sledgehammer hitting you in your head, I know your goning to feel pretty raw now, and confused but there is always hope, and where theres hope there is a light, now with the tribunal and the independant educational psych reports you still have evidence, at the moment there been ignored, she is still very young, and with her continued emotional difficulties these will be still monitored and supported where needed, the LEA have won this battle but there is still many more to come and I think in some ways it may make them ensure that her needs are met with there resources becasue as soon as its not you can always request another assessment in 12 months time, its the beginning of her education, so lots more oportunity to get some more reports and evidence, If you feel that the system isnt meeting her needs continue to go throw the right procedures such as complaints, if they ignore them at least you have been the one who is been consistant.

I cant believe a tribunal would of ignored her reports and needs, thats really scarey, and I dont think J will stand a chance either if thats the case, but I have no choice even if the panel at tribnal ignore the reports and needs.

I am soo sad for you, but dont give up, be there for your DD and some proffessionals are listening so dont be too concerned that the LEA are not in agreement.

Good luck for the next road ahead.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

:crying: Not very happy to see this happen,

Sorry that the outcome was this, Its difficult to know immediately what step to take next, in a way its very like bereavement - you have to sit and assess for ages.

So sorry to hear this Jenrose like j's mum said they may have won this one but it's not the end of the battles and hopefully they know now you are strong enough to go through with it, it may keep them on their toes and they may do everything to try and meet your child's needs.

Sending you hugs >:D<<'>

thanks for all your supportive messages.

i feel so much more positive today, i was crying most of yesterday.

i read your post jsmum to dave and he agreed, at least we have shown we are a force to be reckoned with and that any hint of dd not coping at school we will be on their backs asking for an asessment.

the school she,s going to is a very good school, i got really good vibes from it, the headteacher was happy to speak to me (i just walked in and asked for him) and spent half an hour talking about dd, (he told me to push for a statement) and then he told us to bring her in for a look round, that was before xmas, she spent the whole time with her coat over her head refusing to look at or interact with her teacher.

there are other children with ASD,s there, i know someone who is an lSA there and she said they will be really good with her.

what upsets me most of all is she,s so tiny (only just gone into age 2-3 clothes) and vulnerable and still in nappies, i worry that she,s going to get bullied and she wont say anything.

i need to get on to the school this week and ask for a meeting to see what they are prepared to offer if anything.

Have you thought about a gradual transistion for her, so just some mornings, then some afternoons, then work towards longer periods, also request a home school communications book, and may be a regular meeting, like a weekly meet together.

there is loads the school can do, ensuring she has a school buddy at playtimes, a circle of friends group, social games, her dinner breaks in a small group, and work towars rewards like pc time, a little art session, or doing something she really like doing, the first year in school they do a lot of activities, hands on aproach, practical, with hopefully some choice, they could arrange a school preperation book, pictures of her new teachers, some photos of some of the children, key subject pictures, maybe a visual time table, a routine planner at home for the morning, so I have breakfast, I put on my school uniform, I brush my hair, I brush my Teeth, I need my school bag, pencil case, water, pe kit.

At home after school have a area set out for just her, bean bags, books, cd stories, cd relaxing music, art and crafts to help her unwind and bring down her overwhelment.

Working together as a team with the school will be key to ensuring she gets the correct support and resources, if you feel this school is a little bit special and they generally do care and want to help then that in itself is pricelss and she will get the right help.

NAS do booklets for schools that give really good stratagies and supportive ideas

classroom and playground: support for children with ASDs.

Understanding difficulties at break time and lunchtime.

I gave these to Js school and they have accomadated some of the suggested stratagies.

There is nothing stopping you writing all your concerns down as well that can go in her sen file, that way at least you have voiced your concerns.

Its great to hear your feeling a little bit more positive, its deverstating with the loss of tribunal, but your fighting back already, you will get there in the end.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

Jen, don't think of it as a failure, just look upon it as bad timing.

I remember my solicitor, the first time I contacted her when bill was turned down for a statement in 2005; she said to me, don't appeal at this time because you have a strong chance of losing. She said think of it as some sort of fruit growing on a tree, when it's green you know it's got the potential to be ripe for plucking some time but not yet, you have to wait until it's ripe for plucking. That's what you need to do with your dd. Spend the next 12-18 months gathering evidence, BUT you have to give 'them' (lea and school) enough rope to hang themselves, ie don't push too hard but push hard enough that you have enough mileage to win the next tribunal (ie, failed IEP's and SAplus for at least 2 terms).

Hope you're ok Jen >:D<<'>

Flo' X

im not sure if she,s even on school action/plus cos at the tribunal the panel asked the senco did she think dd was on school action/plus and she said yes cos

theres been outside involvement, he said shes got broader medical needs.

at some point am going to have to get together with lea/school to discuss her, there is an evening in a couple of weeks for parents and we are invited to make an appointment for children with extra needs then, so ill have a chat with the school.

i know exactly whats going to happen in september, its going to be a nightmare to get her in, she hasnt gone in this morning, she refused to eat and was biting her hands saying no nursery i hate nursery, shes having an operation on thursday grommits in and tonsils/adenoids out.

she has to stay off for 2 weeks and then that means theres only a month left, part of me thinks just let her stay at home and have an early summer and prepare her for school.

it hasnt helped that my next door neighbour told me yesterday that she walked past the nursery last week, there were a group of children standing around a child who was lay on the floor crying, my neighbour said she went over and stared at the teachrs who were all stood there talking and doing nothing, one of them saw her and went over to the child and said get up now come on and play.

we have complained before that dd has come home crying saying a boy was picking on her but our concerns have been rubbished.

:tearful:

we knew we had on the day.

the LEA were able to lie/convince the panel that dd has no significant SEN that cannot be met from their resources.

feeling very :tearful: and not sure where to go from here.

Hi Jen,

Just saw this post, I am so sorry that you didn't get the result you so wanted! >:D<<'>

We have just lodged our appeal against sections 2,3 and 4 and the LEA have nothing so I am expecting some very dirty tactics too!!!!!

A few days have passed now so maybe you have got over the shock a little and have a better idea of where to go from here!

Good luck for the next step along your journey!

Anne x

is there any chance you could involve your local MP / News paper ? and tell them of your difficultys , Im so sick of hearing about how we are all getting doors slammed in our faces over resources we are meant to be able to access

Stay Strong

im so sorry to here that it did not go to plan. As others have said just keep gathering evidence and let them hang themselves. We are also going to tribunal to appeal against parts 2,3,4 of our dd statement and we have just recived there evidence and all i can say is what a lot of lies/rubbish.