Sign in to follow this  
hev

when the school ring

i always get a horrible feeling when the school ring,im so used to it being trouble over the years with steven cos thats the only phone calls ive had!!anyway they just left an answerphone msg to call them back at 6.30 but i really dislike ringing them!!

anyone else get that sickening feeling when they phone?

Oh Hev, dont panic if it was really bad im sure they would want to speak before 6.30, l know how you feel, l was at the dentists last week and my mobile kept vibrating and l knew it was the school, you feel sick untill you know what the problem is. Keep calm and keep us updated, fingers crossed :pray:

I still feel sick every time a letter from the LEA drops through my letterbox - even though it is only about Governor stuff nowadays. It is a conditioned response from the years when every letter from them would make me want to cry.

I hate this too!

Its that 'your insides are dropping to the floor' feeling I get, a bit like being on a scary rollercoaster!

Hope everything is ok hev

gothschild x

I feel exactly the same about the phone. My stomach turns over and I just know it will be someone on the other end telling us he is "stressed" and needs to come home form day services.

wOT HAPPEND THEN!!!! I hate it when my phone rings, I actually feel physically sick. I turn my phone off when driving/dentist etc and whe I put it back on if it says missed call from school my hands actually shake :tearful: hope it wasnt bad news. >:D<<'> Enid

turns out he had an incident where he climbed on the roof showing off and he wouldnt come down :wallbash::wallbash: he thought it highly amusing i think its dangerous and stupid,anyway i got another one tonight to say he had a fight with another boy and had to be restrained,my big appt is 1st july to see if he can stay on,i very much doubt he will :tearful:

Do you know why he was showing off on roof?? was it because people told him it would be "cool"??? or was it something he came up with of his own accord?? Yes it is technically dangerous (depending on physical situation and sons climbing ability) but that may not have come into his mind. To put it into perspective plenty of teenagers used to do similar things at my school and i used to occasionally do similar dangerous things (mainly climbing stair wells up the void in the middle not the stairs. aslong as he isnt doing similar stuff all the time then hopefully he can learn how dangerous it is.

With the fight its important to know how and why it happened. Was it an anger outburst rather than simple scrap?? Id like to think in any school a teacher spotting a fight would split it up and if necessary restrain people, so i dont think thats any thing strange them saying that. Im sure any child in a rage would need to be held back for a little while until the anger subsides. I know i did on a number of occasions.

Obviously the school has to have rules... and this might cause you problems as hes broken the rules. The thing where i think AS may cause him problems here, is that you will find lots of fights and stupid behaviour in schools but a lot of it is deliberately hidden to avoid getting caught so there will be numourous scraps out of sight of teachers or split up before the teacher gets there. Your son may not understand the level of manipulation or restraint etc needed to hide things like others do and to him a fight is a fight in view or not.

What im trying to say is because his actions are very public it may well appear out of proportion compared to other school kids.

Warren, that is SOO true, My DS is always saying but other children do it, I know its no excuse, but I really emapthised with your post, perhaps you should get your Mum on here!! she could probably give us all some really good advice :thumbs:>:D<<'> Enid