Julieanne

Tweenies awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww bless!

my son is going through a huge tweenies phase! in such big way, he has everything tweenies...the greatest hits cd ( yes there is one lol) bed set, books, endless dvds and videos, the set of dolls, play house etc lol

hes 8 with mental age of 3, just wondered if there were any fellow tweenie enthusiasts out there? :D

or if your child/children dont like tweenies, what is their obsessions right now?

Edited by Julieanne

:robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie: :robbie:

does this answer your question? :lol:

(and guineau pigs and horses and animals in general......a typical teenage girl then ....... NOT).

At least we've long since passed through the snail phase! YUCK!

my son is going through a huge tweenies phase! in such big way, he has everything tweenies...the greatest hits cd ( yes there is one lol) bed set, books, endless dvds and videos, the set of dolls, play house etc lol

hes 8 with mental age of 3, just wondered if there were any fellow tweenie enthusiasts out there? :D

or if your child/children dont like tweenies, what is their obsessions right now?

My son is also 8 and is on a massive Scooby doo phase, but also loves the green balloon club on cbeebies

oooh, i was all about the Babysitters Club books at 8... then i moved onto Buffy the vampire slayer, and now i'm on anything Terry Pratchett. i was so obsessed that i can still remember the stoyline to every babysitters club book from the title or cover. and i have all buffy eps on video and dvd... plus all the books, duvet cover etc...

obsessions are one of my favorite bits about having AS. i can focus so much on something i enjoy it all the more. i wasn't allowed to watch tv as a young child, except watch with mother, and then until i was 11 i wasn't allowed to watch anything animated, so i missed the kids tv obsessions.

One of JP's was Mr Men at that age. To this day, if you say, Mr Happy, or whatever, he will tell you the number of the book, or if you shout out, 23, he will tell you which Mr Man book it is. I mean there are about 50 of them ... :hypno:

With Z it's horses. Horse books, horse encyclopedia's, horse riding, horses feet etc etc etc etc

It's been like this since she was 5, she's now 12. A walking horse encyclopedia

One of JP's was Mr Men at that age. To this day, if you say, Mr Happy, or whatever, he will tell you the number of the book, or if you shout out, 23, he will tell you which Mr Man book it is. I mean there are about 50 of them ... :hypno:

46. And 33 Little Miss books.

Whats number 23?

Me! Mr Muddle. I always thought the Mr Men had better characters than the Little Miss - never got into them - I used to have a Mr Men Calender you changed each day and you had to stick on which Mr Man you were that day :lol: I often alternated between Mr Bump and Mr Greedy :eat:

Ooh yes the Mr Men were much better. I dont know if you are right about no.23 (though I'm sure you are) I need JP here for verification purposes :lol:

Me! Mr Muddle.

I thought you were a 'Miss'? Is there something that you want to share with the group? :devil:

And for the record, I vote for Mr Men being better too :thumbs:

I thought you were a 'Miss'? Is there something that you want to share with the group? :devil:

I am a 'Miss', I was just answering Pearl's question and saying that I could identify better with the characters of the Mr Men rather than the Little Miss. Number 23 is Mr Muddle - whether a Mr or not, I'm in a bit of a muddle at the moment, so I said it was me, I was saying I was a Muddle, not a Mr.

If 23 isn't Mr Muddle, I'll just claim to be muddled ... :unsure:

If 23 isn't Mr Muddle, I'll just claim to be muddled ... :unsure:

:huh: If you're a muddle then...you're not a muddle...which means...my brain hurts :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I used to looooooooooove the Tweenies!! I really miss all those little kiddies programmes that me and Jay used to enjoy together I haven't an excuse to watch them now. We'd always enjoy Tweenies when he got back from school. My fav. telly memory with Jay, though, is Sesame Street, he used to sit on my lap after lunch, when he was about 2, and he'd lean right back on me in a rare moment of closeness and we'd watch it before he went off for his nap, I really miss that. :tearful::)

At least we've long since passed through the snail phase! YUCK!

Haha, we're heavily into the snail phase now, Jay is TOTALLY obsessed with the things, watches them for literally hours! :wacko:

~ Mel ~ :lol:

my 8 going on 9 year old is hooked on Lazy town :wallbash: thats cos i hate those plastic puppets and singing gril in pink,but thats my problem not his :whistle: and all the other stuff on Nick junior even found In the Night Garden entertaining, i make him turn off the Backyardigans and the Wonder Pets cos i tell him i can'tr stand the singing, have got him away from In the Night garden , i did introduce him to Shaun the Sheep he wouldn't watch it,until i said i wanted it on ,he loves Wallis and Gromit anyway, and now he laughs with me when Shaun the Sheep comes on :clap:

with my son its roary the racing car,hoovers and colour orange he thinks he has gone to heaven when he see's a orange hoover takes us ages to get him away from it :rolleyes:

My son is In the night garden mad- and tweenies (he's only 3!) he loves Nina and the Neurons, Carrie and Davids Popshop and Me too!!!!! But he really loves Something special too (i didn't know Justin was Jake, how cool!!! love him to bits so glad he got MBE! did he learn Makaton for the programme or did he already know it? sorry, just wondering!) Thankfully Thomas is a thing of the past (feels like a million years ago when my 9 year old was into him in a MASSIVE way!) and we do everything to steer clear of that little blue engine!!! :thumbs:

Thomas and Bob the Builder still firm favourites, interestingly, he recognises happy and sad from the expressions on the engines face, The NAS list Thomas as a favourite,because people on the spectrum learn about happy and sad expressions from Thomas the Tank and friends.For a long time he kept repeating "well done Lofty" when he was younger.Not anymore now. He alos loved Dora the Explorer and learn/t Sapnish words from it.

my 6 an 9 yr old are into lazy town in a BIG way, they are always dressed up as them an the 6 yr old is obsessed with sportacus an he`s NT (BUT AM WONDERING) my son that is not sportacus!, at least they teach them good things such as eating sports candy (fruit) and drinking only H2O and going to bed and getting lots of sleep, and keep trying cos there always a way!!!! Enid

Oh god.......Spongebob Squarepants!!! That laugh!!! Krabby flimmin' patties!! And it's not enough that I must watch them with him, ooooohhhhhhh no, he must rewind the bits he liked best and watch them again!!

Saints preserve me!!

Or as the square yellow demon might say, BARNACLES!!!

Mumble, or Pearl possibly, what were the Mr Men animals called? I loved 'em, there was a doggy one(Woof?) and Quackers the duck, and my favourite crocodile one, Snap!!!

The whole Mr Man Timbuctoo thing, I loved it, thought it was a real place........ :wub:

And those fascinating swirly shoes, Ooooh, how I longed for a pair just like that! My Mum did try to get me brogues, but they were'nt round or swirly or red or...Mr Manny enough!

And the wee worms! Cute and fab!

....I think I rather liked those books too!!......

Edited by pookie170

my son has a new one to his list now the simpsons movie, its the only film i have seen my son sit and watch the whole film, he usely only watchs the first 10 mins or only bits he likes, the trouble is with that is we found our son doing spider pig with the cat, the poor cat must have had nightmares :rolleyes:

I've grown quite fond of Spongebob being forced to watch it a few times it's actually very funny! Ben loves Ed, Edd and Eddie and that's another one I am happy to sit and watch (lots of the characters remind me of kids on the spectrum). Edd with his insistance on neatness and he has to wear a sock on his head, there's clearly something up with the other Ed and Eddie is a hyperactive handful :D

Flo' :D