Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Christmas!

The Christmas lines came into the supermarket where I work over the weekend and are now on display :wallbash:

You can go and buy an advent calendar and check out the new uniforms . . . if you are really sad and have nothing better to do!

I've already started buying pressies and stocking stuff! :o

And I'm saving my Tesco money back for the food :clap:

Boho :dance:

Doncha all just lurve me?! :devil:

Edited by bid

:blink:

I can't believe how early it seems to start. The cool thing this year is that Chanukkah is Dec 21-29 :thumbs: So wife can have her xmas tree and I can light my menorah as well :clap: oooooohhhh... I haveeee a litttle drreeeiiidddeeelllll :lol:

Bid,

I am with you on that!

I have started buying in pressies and have organised the panto tickets as well. (16 weeks and 3 days) sorry .

I usually start in July, but this year i waited till School started back (2 weeks ago for us) and i love it.

N

,, have booked panto weeks ago and this week have ordered xmas cards (league against cruel sports) and once they go back to school tomorrow will be buying all bits and pieces, sad, but necessary when you have 4!! Enid

Hem Hem...

I start buying stuff for Ben in August, on the back of his birthday... not big things, but just if i buy him a book or something like that for his birthday I'll buy the companion volume at the same time, and bung it away until xmas... ditto Vid Games, etc... Of course, an August birthday helps, 'cos it's a good 'prompt' that's not unreasonably early, and he's not likely to 'go off' stuff in just four months - you wouldn't think of it if a kid had a january birthday, though :D

This really started when Ben was totally mad on Wacky Races and other classic Hanna Barbera stuff - so i'd be looking out for bits and bobs of on-theme "collectables" (another word for other peoples rubbish!) months in advance of Birthday/Xmas. I always try to put away some money for his big present so it doesn't hurt all at once, but don't buy it until a week before JIC he changes his mind :rolleyes:

I also save up my reward points, and also buy a book or two of those stamps from the saving machine... never need the second book for xmas, so it just 'rolls over' until next year on the principle I might not be able to afford saving stamps next time round! :rolleyes:

God, i'm saintly, ent I? Sometimes I even annoy me! :lol::whistle:

:D

Rather than savings stamps, you would be better off opening a bank account and setting aside some money into there where you can earn some interest on it. Much better than letting the shops earn interest on it!

I try to do my Christmas shopping in October, because from November onwards, work gets really busy and I just don't have the energy. I haven't started yet though!

Hem Hem...

I start buying stuff for Ben in August, on the back of his birthday... not big things, but just if i buy him a book or something like that for his birthday I'll buy the companion volume at the same time, and bung it away until xmas... ditto Vid Games, etc... Of course, an August birthday helps, 'cos it's a good 'prompt' that's not unreasonably early, and he's not likely to 'go off' stuff in just four months - you wouldn't think of it if a kid had a january birthday, though :D

This really started when Ben was totally mad on Wacky Races and other classic Hanna Barbera stuff - so i'd be looking out for bits and bobs of on-theme "collectables" (another word for other peoples rubbish!) months in advance of Birthday/Xmas. I always try to put away some money for his big present so it doesn't hurt all at once, but don't buy it until a week before JIC he changes his mind :rolleyes:

I also save up my reward points, and also buy a book or two of those stamps from the saving machine... never need the second book for xmas, so it just 'rolls over' until next year on the principle I might not be able to afford saving stamps next time round! :rolleyes:

God, i'm saintly, ent I? Sometimes I even annoy me! :lol::whistle:

BD, you are WAY too organised - In fact, it's bordering on the scary :unsure:

Most years I start buying in July in the summer sales (mainly just little stocking fillers) but this year I have only just started! N's birthday is in Oct so the few things I have bought for her she will get then - have got her some WALL.E figures and book. Things is, with 3 children plus 6 nieces I need to start early and buy something every fortnight otherwise no-one would get anything!

Oh, and the menu for my work's Christmas meal at a local pub went on the staff noticeboard in June!! (I work in a playgroup which closes over the school hols so obviously they had to get it up early but I don't remember it being this early other years

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It's all too scary

I'm still waiting for summer to arrive and you're all on Xmas

I'm running for the hills

HHHHEEEELLLLPPP!!!

True, true, but if I woke up on December 25th to no stocking, I'd cry lots and lots!!

Besides, my eldest is a self-decided atheist (don't ask, it's a long and dreadfully serious topic of convo frequently entered into by Cal!!) and while he would agree with you, he would also, doubtless be just a little miffed if he rose to no pressies!

I've started buying bits and bobs (YOU CAN GET A MILLENNIUM FALCON TOY AGAIN!! YEESSSS! WANT ONE, WANT ONE!!) so am feeling kinda pleased with myself, but Cals b'day is 7th October and Lijey's is January 20th!!! Its sooooo expensive!

Esther x

There is no evidence that Jesus ever said "celebrate my birthday" and Christmas as a celebration isn't mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

Ahhhh, you've obviously never read the gospel according to St Malcom...

And low, Jesus did say unto the disciples, "Celebrate the date of my birth, and while it isn't my proper birthday, which is in June sometime, probably, I shall, like the queen of England, name an 'official' day that shall be December 25th. And you should celebrate upon this day with gifts of smelly things, and socks that do not smell and books and cr*p like that and you should lavish expensive toys upon the children of the house and offer a token dinner to that strange Aunt Nancy that nobody bothers with the rest of the year through. And thou should feast, thou should, on the beasts of the fields and the fowl of the air and the prawn ring from Iceland and pies of mince and a cheese platter with assorted biscuits and make merry with copious amounts of red biddy, Guinness and Cava...

It goes on like that for a while - right through into the day after boxing day, in fact, and the cold collation of festering Turkey, pickled onions, salad and rice and peas, and the great trumpeting that heralds the arrival of the indigestion tablets...

Sadly, this is left out of most copies of the bible now (along with the testimony of St. Roger the Lodger, who got in just ahead of M & J at the Inn in Bethlehem) because the editors thought it made it a bit too long... the unabridged 'Disciples Edition' does, however contain all the text - so you can find out what the 5000 had for pud and the content of the 11th tablet brought down from the mountain...

On a serious note, I'm all for having one day a year when people try extra hard to be nice to each other, whatever the origins of the celebration... Accherly, I just think it's a real shame we can't find a way of making it a global thing encompassing all races, creeds, colours and religions and extending it by 364 days... Okay, the rows on the 29th of Feb every four years would be humdingers, but we could all kiss and make up in the morning which would be even MORE reason to celebrate. :thumbs:

I start buying stuff in August, you wouldn't think of it if a kid had a january birthday, though :

You wouldn't ? I get most things in the January sales... and now that they begin in December I can have everything sorted just before DD's birthday !!!

(Mind you I always get too much...DD not too keen on opening too many presents in one day...and with the stuff she gets from relatives...I sometimes find stuff from the previous year :o which can then be ' recycled' for next celebration :lol::clap:)

Ive still got tons of wrapping paper left over from a few years ago

Yes my Mum used to do this.....kept every piece of wrapping paper from presents for reuse the following year.They were folded neatly and stored under the mattress of my bed. Want a piece of paper/tissue ?..then lift up my mattress. Problem was there was more paper coming in than was going out and over the years I began to sleep on a very hilly landscape with marked ravines! :lol::lol: After many complaints :tearful: I eventually secured a new (secondhand) bed.

Not so much the princess and the pea then .....but a pile of old rubbish

have managed to get w-i f-t package for r he knows his cousin going to get one and so will be disappointed if he dosent can relax now as know the closer get to christmas the harder ,more expensive they will be at least thats one stress i dont have to worry about up to christmas :dance::dance: