Sign in to follow this  
Stella63

OJ won place in singing competition!!

I know I have posted before about OJ and his singing but had to share his latest achievement. He auditioned for a talent contest and has won a place in the regional final :dance: which is a live show in Aldershot. There is then a national final in Portsmouth which is televised on ITV in late November. We are just so thrilled for him - to be able to stand up in front of strangers and sing whilst having to do multiple tics and rituals is just amazing but it is what he wants to do and he is so determined that his disabilities won't stand in his way - way to go OJ!!!!! :thumbs:

He also wants to generate publicity via the NAS and Tourettes Society to raise awareness so any ideas, please let me know!!

Stella x

How fantastic - well done, OJ :thumbs:

He's so brave to get up there and perform in front of all those people :clap:

Quite right to be proud, Stella

>:D<<'>

Well done, OJ...

We haven't really got a singing emoticon, but these two certainly seem to be trying to sing

:drunk:

Very best for the regional, &c...

:D

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support, its really great to be able to share the good stuff - when it happens!!!

Smiley, that would be fantastic - I'll pm you when I've got all the ticket info and anyone else if you're close enough to make it - the more support the better and you get a chance to vote!!

Stella x

Wow.....Stella, that's fantastic news, well done OJ, like Smiley I too would love to support him, so please do let me know when and where.

Clare x x x

Well done, OJ! It takes so much courage to get up there and do your thang in front of folk, you're made of sterner stuff than I!

Good luck, hope you have an absolute blast!!

Esther x

Hi

It just gets better and better!!

I saw the headmaster this morning to ask permission to use the school name for OJ's publicity and he was really supportive (as i knew he would be!) and he then told me that later this month the school's new arts centre is being opened by Prince Edward and he wants OJ to sing in front of him and about 70 other dignitaries!!!

How about that for publicity!!! I am so excited and fairly bursting with pride!!!

Stella x