Sign in to follow this  
mossgrove

Light at the end of the Tunnel?

We heard yesterday that the LEA have agreed to assess our 5 yo (recently diagnosed with ASD) with a view to a statement. We had been worried that they may stall for time as he has yet to attend his mainstream school on a full time basis. That have also reduced the time allowed for submissions from 12 weeks to 6 so that if a stament is isued there will be some time left to sort out a placement for next year.

It may be of interest to some parents here that the application came from us. The school felt he didn't have any issues! So don't be afraid to apply yourself!

Meanwhile our 7yo (Aspergers) has had his annual stament review, during which everyone accepted that he was no longer able to cope in a mainstream environment. His case is going before the Special Needs asessment panel on Thursday. We are hopeful that they will place him in a special school from September.

We will have fingers, toes and everything else crossed on Thursday. A voice at the back of my head reminds me it can still go horribly wrong, but things do seem to be moving in the right direction at long last!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Oooh, Simon! :thumbs:

I do hope everything works out for you all >:D<<'>

Sometimes things really do come together!

Keeping everything crossed for you too! :blink:

Bidx

Simon,

Things look promising, I really do hope things work out in your favour. You are doing a great job. :thumbs:

I have everything crossed for you (very painful)!!

Nellie xx

Hi Simon,

Will be thinking about you on Thursday and good news about assessment.

Just to remind parents that if they request the statutory assessement, then they have the right to SENDIST whereas if the school request statutory assessment, parents have no right of appeal to SENDIST.

Simon, good luck

HelenL