aruaspie

Plans for New Years Eve

I'm doing London!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: - fireworks, crowds, Big Ben, the works. :party::partytime::cheers: Yes I am totally and utterly mad but if I survive it will be a great achievement for me and a real positive to start the New Year on. Watch out for someone with their hands over their ears on the telly - that'll be me :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Does anyone fancy hosting a forum partaay this year? I did it last year but I'm helping my daughter move house ny eve/ny day, so though I'll probs be able to pop in, it wont be for the whole evening. It was nice for those on their own to have a "virtual party" to pop in to, & nice for those of us with family to escape from them periodically! :lol:

I was going to spend it with the Burton's but then I remembered that Richard Burton died 14 years ago. So instead I'll probably hide and work on the list of people who'll I think will die under 'mysterious circumstances' in 2009 :ph34r:

Forum party sounds like a good idea but I can't be there - had a last minute invitation from a bunch of good friends. Party includes overnight stay. :thumbs:

Enjoy it whatever you're getting up to tomorrow. If you're staying in, a certain high street store is offering a bottle of wine or Cava plus 3 packs of party food for a tenner.

K x

I was going to spend it with the Burton's but then I remembered that Richard Burton died 14 years ago. So instead I'll probably hide and work on the list of people who'll I think will die under 'mysterious circumstances' in 2009 :ph34r:

We'll count you out as party host then - unless you want to do a murder mystery evening :ph34r:

We'll count you out as party host then - unless you want to do a murder mystery evening

Are you mad? This is like putting a chimp in charge a nuclear power station :huh:

I don't know anything about hosting parties. How many canopaes will I need? Is there the need to enforce a dress code? What if people gate crash it? I don't know if I have enough chairs. Is it rude to watch TV? Will people think me rude if I hide under some coats? Where does one get monkey butlers at such short notice? Is there a website where A-list celebs (who happen to have nothing planned) can be contacted? What if Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston turn up and there's a 'scene'? Do I need to sort out valet parking or will the likes of Harrison Ford be happy to park on the grass verge around the corner? What does one say when undesirable types (Dominic Littlewood, Arleen Philips etc.) turn up and try to get in (are they like vampires and can't enter unless invited)?

Curse my luck. If only I knew people or lived somewhere where things actually happened :crying:

Well, due to the fact that I can't keep my mouth shut when I'm drunk, I have about 12 people coming to mine tomorrow for a curry and to celebrate the new year (it seemed a really good idea after two bottles of cava the sunday before Christams!). So I'm in the process of cleaning up the house after the kids have spread every present they ever got from one end to the other, hoovering up, mopping floors and making 3 big pans of different types of curry. Yay.... NOT! Why do we do these things? Ah well.... it could be worse.

Flo' :D

oh, and I forgot to mention on the top of all of this the flu bug has done it's rounds (hope it's finished now!) in my house and we're all at various stages of recovery!!! Anyone else had the nasty little flu bug that's going around?

Edited by Flora

Em yes, the flu bug has visited my house.

Me, hubby and M have all caught it. M has been ill on and off for 6 weeks :tearful:

Will be having a very quiet time tomorrow night :tearful:

staying at home with a glass of irn bru, i don't like alcohol

No bugs here at all!! even though the entire town/school has been down with it, we must be immune!! I will be staying in and thanking god its not last year when things were so bad that on new years eve the police were here for hours and I was begging them not to leave me alone with him, he spent the next 3 weeks in an assessment/respite centre, its taken us all, as a family, this long to recover, so I have turned down all invites and will be here alone, in pjs, drinking to the fact that we all got through it. >:D<<'> Enid

Mumble hope that you cope with and manage to enjoy London!

Nothing's plenty good enough for me too.

Had a kind of virtual partay last year. We had an invitation from neighbours who we didn't know at all but bravely went along. The doorbell wasn't answered, HOORAY!, so we sneaked (or snook?) off like naughty children and just went back home. Then phoned a friend who was in on her own, put partay music on in the background and had a very nice 5 minutes worth of partay down the phone-line. No canapaes though. I thought posh canapes came in tins, the little green things (not sprouts).

I HATE NEW YEAR'S EVE :angry: . I am a grumpy old woman and do I care? :lol:

Mumble hope that you cope with and manage to enjoy London!

*wibble* *whimper* I've been doing autistic level planning :rolleyes::lol: - transport, bridge closures, food, drink :wine:, toilets, first aid, marshals (just in case any are Johnny Depp-ish :wub: and I may require 'assistance' :whistle:) all marked out on my map :D They're expecting over 300,000 people and it's supposed to be the coldest New Year for over 20 years - bbrrrrr. Still, it could be worse - I could be in the frozen North where it never reaches '+' temperatures even in the hight of summer and where 100,000th of the crowd expected tonight is considered a mass gathering involving at least two hamlets :P

Still, it could be worse - I could be in the frozen North where it never reaches '+' temperatures even in the hight of summer and where 100,000th of the crowd expected tonight is considered a mass gathering involving at least two hamlets :P

I'll have you know that on Christmas Day it was a balmy +2C in the frozen north. OK so it's a 'double jumper' -3C today but the weather people reckon that 2009 is going to be scorchingly hot - double digits here we come :notworthy:

And Hamlet was a fictional character so how can there be two of him? :P

Must stop typing - need to put gloves back on

Just be sat in with other half and a glass of something :pepsi::whistle: , son upstairs in bed.

Happy new year to you all :cheers: , hope it brings you all you wish for.

For the third new year running I have nothing (and no one) to do. My parents make a huge big deal out of the new year and they are more upset than I am about me spending it alone. I am going to watch some telly. If there is nothing good on I will watch a DVD.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FORUM FRIENDS ~ whether you are in, out, with family, friends or alone have a pleasant peaceful evening.

Started early here with a nice glass of red and a take away chinese due later, got my laptop and my TV, boys happy on their PC's and a content dog curled up on the sofa......what more could I want.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Still, it could be worse - I could be in the frozen North where it never reaches '+' temperatures even in the hight of summer

Simple solution to that mumble, just change the scale you use to measure temperature to "kelvin" I guaruntee even in the north the temperature will remain positive then!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I had a nice hogmanay

Did the usual wash all the bed sheets etc, had a bath, put on my new jammies i got for xmas. and had a quiet night :)

Edited by something_different

I have been watching telly, doing some sewing and burning my advent candle, all simultaneously! It's been a nice relaxing evening and I have made 2 birthday cards with elephants on.

Are you mad? This is like putting a chimp in charge a nuclear power station :huh:

Thats probably safer than putting Russian Nuclear Scientists in charge of a nuclear power station :devil::ph34r:

Just dont put buttons that can over-ride the safety systems then the chimps will be better than humans!!!

staying at home with a glass of irn bru,

Irn Bru should be exported to England and Wales in large quantities!!! Its brilliant stuff!! :clap:

Irn Bru should be exported to England and Wales in large quantities!!! Its brilliant stuff!!

Aye ur right Warren but not everyone agrees

u can get it in some places down south, but can be difficult to find

tho i have managed to find some in many places, inclusing abroad.

Myself and my son only flew back from Tenerife last night and he opened his christmas presents.......Have spent most of this morning wondering how on earth I forgpt to buy him earphones to go with his electric guitar..If I hear smoke on the water one more time I shall scream......anyway he has just challenged me to a game fo chess so peace for a while

Did I miss the forum party? Did anyone disgrace themselves by dancing on tables and getting outrageously drunk?

Went to bed way before midnight, after finally catching up on the last mega-episode of 'Little Dorrit', and didn't wake up until after 3 a.m. So today I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as I metamorphosed into a squirrel overnight (I think that means I've become grown-up, ha ha).

Happy New Year!

Billabong

Hey where is everyone? Did I miss the par-tay :wine::pepsi::gather::band::cheers: or did someone totally disgrace themselves (Pearl, shame on you :drunk::shame::o:devil:) and result in the whole virtual party being removed from innocent eyes? :whistle:

I did London and I survived but I is never ever ever ever doing that again (at least for a year at any rate... :lol:). Had the best viewing spot right at the front with all the TV cameras but it meant standing for six hours in the cold and it was definitely cold - bbrrrrrr. Still, it was an experience and apart from the seven foot man who pushed me over so he could see better (:huh:) (but he got 'reprimanded' by the rest of the crowd who saw him blatantly push me :fight:) was pretty good. Getting home was, erm, interesting - next year I am volunteering my services as a logical and organised Aspie to the Met police to help with crowd control... :lol: :lol:

I decided to watch the fireworks rather than trying to photograph them, but I took a few (wibbly and over-exposed :rolleyes:) piccies of the light show before the fireworks in different colours and of the scary crowds then messed around and made my wibbly light show pics into a new desktop background for my 'puter! :clap: :clap:

And if all that wasn't enough, having finally got through the crowds and home by 3am I went to the London Parade today :wacko: :wacko:

I dont think there was a partay (unless I blinked & missed it) I was so knackered from helping S move house I couldnt even move from the sofa to play Jenga with JP! Logged on briefly but not much going on so vegged in front of Jools with mulled :wine: - very sedate.

Love the pics Mumble esp the desktop background :hypno:

wow Mumble, good for you!!! I watched it on tv, I would have kept an eye out for you but have no ides what you look like!!! Youre right it certainly is an experience and everyone should do it once. glad you enjoyed it. Enid

Watched it on TV too and thought of you, Mumble. I'd like to do the same one day but not sure I could cope with the cold!

K x

Wd Mumble

I did Glasgow one year and NEVER again, I did Newcastle one year also, again NEVER again!

cold i can cope with, just everything else that bothers me!