oxgirl

Very scary day.

I had to have a barium swallow test at the hospital today. It was awful, I cried and cried and didn't cope well, they must have thought I was a complete looney. :tearful: I just about managed to swallow some of the liquid, but I couldn't manage the lump of marshmallow covered in goo. I tried and tried to get it down, but just kept retching it up again and they had to stop in the end. Afterwards I sat in the canteen for an hour and a half crying, think I was a bit traumatized. Then my phone rang and it was DH calling to tell me he's being made redundant. :tearful: Not sure what's going to happen to us. :(

~ Mel ~ (in need of several hugs please).

(((((HUG)))))

What a c*** day! :blink: I would suggest having a relaxing evening but I imagine your DH will be a bit stressed too. Hope things work out for the better for you guys

'Nother big (((((HUG)))))

A x

poor u ((hugs))

Awwwwwww Mel I am so sorry to hear you have had such a dam awful day and to top it off your DH being made redundant. :tearful:

Thinking of you sending you lots of hugs ~ >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Mel that really is not a nice day, totally loads of hugs here, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> you did your best with the test too, I am sure there will have been a lot of people react the same in those tests, the nurses will be use to it, so dont feel bad, its a very unpleasant test and it is totally understandable that you became distressed, maybe arrange another appointment and make sure someone goes with you for support and make the staff aware that you will need some extra support and TLC, the nurses are there to support you.

I really do hope the stars of wishes shine on you tonight.

Love JsMum :pray:

Oh Mel, talk about double whammy!!!!! Look on the positive, this just happened to my friends husband, after they recovered from the shock they realised that he would get a years redundancy pay, he signed on for the first time in his life at 50! they had more time to spend together and then after a couple of months he got a job!! >:D<<'> Enid

Aw, Mel, I hope things are looking and feeling a bit better......Hopefully, this pants day means that something wunnerful is winging its way to you guys.

You certainly deserve it after a day like that.

>:D<<'>

Thanks for replies, everyone.

We are having a very, very hard time. DH is devastated and feels full of shame. I haven't a clue what's going to happen in the long-term and it's terrifying. We're not naive enough to believe that he'll walk straight into another job and I'm limited to what I can do because of Jay, so we're deep in doo-doo. :tearful:

~ Mel ~