lynne

AUTISM BILL

The Autism Bill is up for debate on the 27th February 2009. It needs at least 100 MPs to commit to voting.

The problem is most MPs do not attend Parliment on a Friday.

We need you to contact your local MP and request for them to attend and vote for the Autism Bill.

You can contact your MP via email, telephone or face to face.

Come on everyone our children need your support.

Done !

I've done it to and had a letter back from my MP saying he will be attending and supporting the Bill

NAS website says 59 MPs have committed to attend.

Emailed ours today (he wasn't on the confirmed list) and he has replied saying he will attend... so that's 60!

Phil

NAS website says 59 MPs have committed to attend.

Emailed ours today (he wasn't on the confirmed list) and he has replied saying he will attend... so that's 60!

Phil

yes none of us will hear if our MP will be attending but the website will tell us how many are attending. like my MP hasnt replied to me but i know that they would contact NAS and as i got it in the paper hoping its going to help my local area

Sadly my email bounced, but it took over a week for me to be notified it did this!! :(

i email the MP again, and then put my friends email to support the campaign to then find this:

So far, the following 90 MPs have committed to attending the debate on the Autism Bill on 27th February 2009. If your MP isn't listed below, please email them now:

Mr Peter Ainsworth MP,

Mr John Austin MP,

Mr Richard Bacon MP,

Mr John Barrett MP,

The Rt Hon Kevin Barron MP,

Mr Henry Bellingham MP,

Mr John Bercow MP,

Dr Roger Berry MP,

Mr Clive Betts MP,

Mr Crispin Blunt MP,

Mr Timothy Boswell MP,

Mr Peter Bottomley MP,

Mr Tom Brake MP,

Ms Annette Brooke MP,

Mr Russell Brown MP,

Mrs Angela Browning MP,

Ms Karen Buck MP,

Mr Simon Burns MP,

The Rt Hon Stephen Byers MP,

The Rt Hon Vincent Cable MP,

Mr Christopher Chope MP,

Ms Katy Clark MP,

Dr Jon Cruddas MP,

Mr Jim Cunnigham MP,

Mr Edward Davey MP,

Mr Philip Davies MP,

Mrs Janet Dean MP,

Mr Jim Devine MP,

Mr Andrew Dismore MP,

Mr James Duddridge MP,

Ms Lynne Featherstone MP,

Mr Mark Field MP,

Mr George Galloway MP,

Mr Mike Gapes MP,

Mr Neil Gerrard MP,

Mrs Sandra Gidley MP,

Mrs Cheryl Gillan MP,

Mr James Gray MP,

Mr Nigel Griffiths MP,

Mr Mike Hancock MP,

Mr Oliver Heald MP,

Mr Nick Herbert MP,

Mrs Sharon Hodgson MP,

Ms Kate Hoey MP,

Mr Philip Hollobone MP,

Mr Paul Holmes MP,

Mr Gerald Howarth MP,

Mr Simon Hughes MP,

Mr Chris Huhne MP,

Mrs Joan Humble MP,

Mr Nick Hurd MP,

Mr Bernard Jenkin MP,

Ms Lynne Jones MP,

Mr David Jones MP,

Mr Daniel Kawczynski MP,

Mr David Kidney MP,

Mr Sadiq Khan MP,

Mr David Kidney MP,

Ms Susan Kramer MP,

Dr Ashok Kumar MP,

Dr Stephen Ladyman MP,

Mrs Eleanor Laing MP,

Mrs Jacqui Lait MP,

The Rt Hon Oliver Letwin MP,

Mr David Lidington MP,

Mr Timothy Loughton MP,

Mr Andrew Love MP,

Ms Anne Main MP,

Mr Robert Marshall-Adrews QC MP,

Mr Andrew Miller MP,

Ms Maria Miller MP,

Ms Anne Milton MP,

Dr Doug Naysmith MP,

Mr Andrew Pelling MP,

Mr Mike Penning MP,

Mr Stephen Pound MP,

Mr Gwyn Prosser MP,

Mr John Randall MP,

Mr Andrew Rosindell MP,

The Rt Hon Joan Ryan MP,

Mr Lee Scott MP,

Mr James Sheridan MP,

Ms Anne Snelgrove MP,

The Rt Hon Don Touhig MP,

Mr Andrew Turner MP,

Mr Rudi Vis MP,

Ms Lynda Waltho MP,

Professor Steven Webb MP,

The Rt Hon Malcolm Wicks MP,

Mr Mark Williams MP,

hope this is ok to post if not edit it. just letting people know who is attending and then they can see if there mp is down to support it?

I mailed my MP a week or so ago and I'm pleased to see her name down there. The MP for the area I come from originally isn't on the last so I'm gonna mail a friend there whose daughter managed to get statemented (not for AS) with his help and see if she will request his help with this one.

janine

Edited by lbj

Thanks thats interesting to see. I emailed my mp and although I have received a letter telling me all about how Angela Browning has worked tirelessly on this bill, there was no commitment to vote on his behalf, ###### :angry:. So I shall keep hassling him for a real answer :whistle:

biker69

My MP has said he agrees with the Autism Bill. However, his name is not on the list so I have just emailed him again.

Persistance does pay off, especially if they know if there is an active list of MPS attending.

So for all the MPs missing lets email them, go to see them etc

I suppose alot of MPs think this Bill will not affect alot of people. Hence, they will not bother. So lets get our voices out loud and clear

Thanks thats interesting to see. I emailed my mp and although I have received a letter telling me all about how Angela Browning has worked tirelessly on this bill, there was no commitment to vote on his behalf, ###### :angry:. So I shall keep hassling him for a real answer :whistle:

biker69

Hi - Is your MP Michael Lord?

His name is not on the list and I have a letter about Angela Browning

Hi - Is your MP Michael Lord?

His name is not on the list and I have a letter about Angela Browning

Hi mookamoo

no it isn't, so I guess there must be a few doing a standard letter, probably all the lazy arses that choose to vote in what they want and anything else that don't gain them anything they forget. So i guess the answer is no they won't be attending, we shall just have to keep bugging them :)

Hi mookamoo

no it isn't, so I guess there must be a few doing a standard letter, probably all the lazy arses that choose to vote in what they want and anything else that don't gain them anything they forget. So i guess the answer is no they won't be attending, we shall just have to keep bugging them :)

Mr Lord has just got another email from me. I'd like to know what he is doing that is more important.

Victory for Autism Bill campaigners :thumbs:

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp...380&a=18817

Sorry if I'm being a little dim, but what is the victory that is being referred to? We still don't have over 100 MPs committed to being in Parliament next Friday, so even if every MP that turned up voted in favour, it wouldn't go to the next stage. :(

I've emailed my MP (who happens to be a more well known person) but she still hasn't replied or committed to being there. What's the next stage of harassment? :devil:

Sorry if I'm being a little dim, but what is the victory that is being referred to? We still don't have over 100 MPs committed to being in Parliament next Friday, so even if every MP that turned up voted in favour, it wouldn't go to the next stage. :(

I've emailed my MP (who happens to be a more well known person) but she still hasn't replied or committed to being there. What's the next stage of harassment? :devil:

We do have over 100 MPs committed - in fact we have 115 MPs committed to be in parliament! :thumbs: This is part of an email I received this morning from the NAS.

Public and parliamentary support for Cheryl Gillan MP and the Autism Bill has been overwhelming. To date around 6,000 people have contacted their MP about the Bill, and we have now exceeded our target to have 100 MPs attend the debate in Parliament on 27 February (in fact we now have 115 MPs)!

The strength of public opinion and the knock-on effect in parliament has prompted the Government announcement above. The measures set out by Ministers cover all aspects of the Autism Bill. Cheryl Gillan MP said: "It was critically important to me that my Private Members' Bill should cover an area that ordinarily would be overlooked ? today's announcement is a testament to the weight of support from my colleagues and autism campaigners. I will keep campaigning until I hear the Government pledge to fully support people affected by autism in Parliament. The real test will be in how they implement this package of measures in the long term."

The parliamentary support for autism that you have helped to build, and the debate on 27 February in the House of Commons, can now be used to secure these Government commitments, and to explore the details of how each measure will be implemented.

We do have over 100 MPs committed - in fact we have 115 MPs committed to be in parliament! :thumbs: This is part of an email I received this morning from the NAS.

Public and parliamentary support for Cheryl Gillan MP and the Autism Bill has been overwhelming. To date around 6,000 people have contacted their MP about the Bill, and we have now exceeded our target to have 100 MPs attend the debate in Parliament on 27 February (in fact we now have 115 MPs)!

The strength of public opinion and the knock-on effect in parliament has prompted the Government announcement above. The measures set out by Ministers cover all aspects of the Autism Bill. Cheryl Gillan MP said: "It was critically important to me that my Private Members' Bill should cover an area that ordinarily would be overlooked ? today's announcement is a testament to the weight of support from my colleagues and autism campaigners. I will keep campaigning until I hear the Government pledge to fully support people affected by autism in Parliament. The real test will be in how they implement this package of measures in the long term."

The parliamentary support for autism that you have helped to build, and the debate on 27 February in the House of Commons, can now be used to secure these Government commitments, and to explore the details of how each measure will be implemented.

yes we got 115 MP's i noticed that not all the MP'S ended up on the website IE: robert syms said he is attending but he isnt on the list yet so it could be on its way on site soon.

Just out of interest, How do you find out who your MP is. I have no idea who our is.

We have MP's, MSP's, and MEP's, and I have no idea which one is which because the constituency changes depending on what we are voting for. Throw in the council elections at the same time and you have no idea who you are voting for what possition :wacko:

Just out of interest, How do you find out who your MP is. I have no idea who our is.

We have MP's, MSP's, and MEP's, and I have no idea which one is which because the constituency changes depending on what we are voting for. Throw in the council elections at the same time and you have no idea who you are voting for what possition :wacko:

what u do is go onto this http://www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/alms.cfm then look by the side your area and it should tell u who it is.

annette brooke pointed me at direction of robert syms because she deals with my north side of the area i live in so that she referred me over to robert syms who deals with my south side of my area.

and the constituencys u are voting for well its different to your actually MP to your area. if you understand? if i have an issue i have to raise it with robert syms

AFAIK - MP - Member of Parliament, MSP - Member of Scottish Parliament, MEP - Member of European Parliament.

Here is a site you use to find out who your MP is.

We do have over 100 MPs committed - in fact we have 115 MPs committed to be in parliament! :thumbs:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Yippee, that's great :thumbs: I'd only been following the count on the NAS website which currently has 91 MPs listed. Is there an up to date list of MPs anywhere so I can see if mine needs a little more gentle persuasion? :fight::devil: