Sign in to follow this  
mumtothree

A Diagnosis

firstly thanks for the messages on my nervous for tuesday thread

well yesterday went very well obv very hard but the relief is now so huge

Matthew has been diagnosed with ADHD, Dyspraxia and is on the austic spectrum. he now needs to have a MDA to see where on the spectrum he is , and also been referred to OT to help with his fine motor skills and sensory probs.

he also needs bloods to check for fragile x and chromsone problems.

it was so nice to finally be listened to. he was shocked that hes traits where not mentioned in the referral by his paed and said that should of set alarm bells ringing. anyhow finally after 4 years of battling we have answers.

hopefully will help the school as well, the paed is going to write to them to get a more detailed background etc.

dont think its sunk in yet though, not had time to think about it, as mathew has been puking since 10pm last night and then samuel started at 6am this morning yuk.

firstly thanks for the messages on my nervous for tuesday thread

well yesterday went very well obv very hard but the relief is now so huge

Matthew has been diagnosed with ADHD, Dyspraxia and is on the austic spectrum. he now needs to have a MDA to see where on the spectrum he is , and also been referred to OT to help with his fine motor skills and sensory probs.

he also needs bloods to check for fragile x and chromsone problems.

it was so nice to finally be listened to. he was shocked that hes traits where not mentioned in the referral by his paed and said that should of set alarm bells ringing. anyhow finally after 4 years of battling we have answers.

hopefully will help the school as well, the paed is going to write to them to get a more detailed background etc.

dont think its sunk in yet though, not had time to think about it, as mathew has been puking since 10pm last night and then samuel started at 6am this morning yuk.

Hopefully the bug gets out of the house as quick as it came in! Glad you have you're appointment over and got answers it is always a relief in the end... and now you are on the road to getting all the help use need!

Sharon x

hi, im glad that you have finally got an answe - i know getting a dx is hard but hopefully it will now open all the right doors for him to get the help he needs.

Huge relief for you.

Hope your boys get better soon and leave you with a bit of space to think about the news, and digest it. It'll take time.

K x

I bet it's a relief to be heard!

Glad he's got his DX, hopefully now things will be set in motion to support him.

How are you feeling about it now? It can be a really odd time, post-DX......

Ooh, I hope your sons are feeling a bit better.....and that they've stopped spewing, so you can get some shut-eye!!

Esther x

thank you so much guys

tbh im not sure how i feel, guess as things start moving forward with all the app's etc then i guess it will hit home

matthew has stopped being sick but poor samuel is still puking :( but he kept some milk down this morning so fingers crossed, he puked in pur bed last night so at 11pm had to change all the bedding etc, then at 4am puked in his cot so then had to change all that oh the joys hey

does anyone have any experience with a MDA?

thank you so much guys

tbh im not sure how i feel, guess as things start moving forward with all the app's etc then i guess it will hit home

matthew has stopped being sick but poor samuel is still puking :( but he kept some milk down this morning so fingers crossed, he puked in pur bed last night so at 11pm had to change all the bedding etc, then at 4am puked in his cot so then had to change all that oh the joys hey

does anyone have any experience with a MDA?

Hi i am new to the forum and wandered how old Matthew is? What were his symptoms, i am going to cahms today about my daughter i am at my wits end with her. Does Matthew go to school? Sharon x

Hi i am new to the forum and wandered how old Matthew is? What were his symptoms, i am going to cahms today about my daughter i am at my wits end with her. Does Matthew go to school? Sharon x

Matthew is 4 years 7 months. he been having problems since he was 9 months old, 1st started with noises and has continued since.

hes symptons are

poor concentration and behavoiur, poor motor skills, poor eye contact, hand flaps, obsessions, needs routines, senstive to noise (covers his ears), senstive to clothes, doesnt play or talk to his peers at school. very hyperactive the list goes on.

yes matthew is at school has been since september. hes only there part time at the mo, hes just going onto school action plus and they r writing up a IEP now.

what concerns u about ur dd? how did u get on with ur app?