bid

Simple Pleasures

:thumbs: SIMPLE pleasure of today:

Fitting the lid on the laundry basket!!!! (I've had a week off work :) )

What a great feeling. :clap:

Because it was lovely today i took some time out to indulge myself in the manner mentioned in the 'Idyllic retreat' thread...

I made up a nice toikey salad sandwich and a flask of coffee, packed my rucksack with a good book, MP3 player loaded with fandabadozy choons etc and set off for the local country park for a good wander...

i was a bit late starting, and had skipped breakfast :shame:, but still wanted to make the most of sunshine etc so walked for miles 'n' miles... The MP3 was on 'shuffle', but for the whole walk didn't deliver up one 'wrong' choon and everything was lovely jubbly...

Finally, at about half two my old guts were rumbling too loud to ignore any longer (frightening the ducks!) so I pulled up at a bench, took out my book, poured myself a lovely cup of coffee and...

MY SANDWICH WAS SITTING AT HOME ON THE KITCHEN TABLE!!!

:crying:

I also bought an extendable pruning thingy today so i could attack the next door neighbour's crab apple tree which is under the impression it's a Californian redwood/triffid cross and has been invading my garden and nicking my light for years... The good thing about those extendable pruning thingies is they really do work. the bad thing about them is you have to stand right underneath the branch you are lopping...

:wacko::wacko:

But even boughs on the bonce (lovely alliteration!) can't diminish a lovely sunny walk around the lake!

L&P

BD :D

Getting back from a good run, having a nice shower and settling down on my own with a nice sandwich and cuppa just in time for Monk the defective detective. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Finding the Build a Bear voucher that I'd forgotten I'd won in a raffle 18 months ago and taking DS to said shop for a reward for coping with lots of changes so well just lately!

Hoorah. He even smiled and looked happy with me for the first time in ages. :dance:

All the kids eating the dinner that I dished up without too much fuss!

A cup of tea that I didn't have to make!

Reading threads like this that make me :)

Edited by isme

The smell and feel of a bed freshly made with clean bedding.

Boho :D

I agree with this one. I always say if I win the Lotto I will employ someone to put fresh bedding on every single day! Ahhhhhhh

Oh yeah and chunky monkey ben and jerrys

The Match of the Day theme tune :lol: I have absolutely no idea why, I can't stand football and it has no special memories for me as far as I'm aware but something about it I find really relaxing and almost space-outing... :hypno:

Doo, do, do do do-do, doo dooo do do do do, do do dooo do dodododo, do dooo dodododo... :lol:

The Match of the Day theme tune :lol: I have absolutely no idea why, I can't stand football and it has no special memories for me as far as I'm aware but something about it I find really relaxing and almost space-outing... :hypno:

Doo, do, do do do-do, doo dooo do do do do, do do dooo do dodododo, do dooo dodododo... :lol:

I can play that tune on the trumpet and euphonium :D I tried it on the trombone once but it felt like my arm was going to fall off.

Edited by ScienceGeek

I can play that tune on the trumpet and euphonium :D I tried it on the trombone once but it felt like my arm was going to fall off.

:clap: :clap: I used to play the euphonium :thumbs: - great name for an instrument - "you're phoning who?" :lol:

:clap: :clap: I used to play the euphonium :thumbs: - great name for an instrument - "you're phoning who?" :lol:

Whoot! Another brass player, there were only 2 euphonium players in the whole of the school I went to. :whistle:

Going to the farmers market once a month, saying hi to everyone I know, stocking up my larder with lovely food, and farmers market bacon, eggs & baguette for lunch to follow :thumbs:

Thinking about dragging your bike out again, but not looking forward to pumping the tyres and finding someone has done it for you.

My 7y/o is going to make someone very happy one day :wub:

(not a chance of it being DH, lol)

A new magazine, a cup of tea, and an empty house in which to read it!

Boho :dance:

Oooh yes, with a nice biscuit to dip in. bliss

The feeling, like now, when they are all asleep and its me time, and am half way down first glass of red, watching junk on tv and catching up on the forum. Its the little things in life that make you happy! Enid

I decorated my easter tree today with little wooden painted eggs :D:clap:

I did mine the other day and the apple blossom's already come out :dance::thumbs::clap: and I got out all my retro pastel coloured baking stuff to display on the dresser as well it looks Loverly! :thumbs:

Just for Easter, we should have a couple of these hopping around :robbie::robbie::robbie:

I have no idea what an easter tree is - but today i found some time to listen to some music...

that great stuff... that great stuff... that stuff... that stuff... makes me feel... makes me feel... makes me feel... makes me feel... makes me feel...

:D

An Easter tree is a display of branches that you've cut from the trees in the garden. When they're brought inside and put in water they come into leaf or flower very quickly. You can buy little wooden painnted decorations to hang off the branches. I've got twigs of willow, apple blossom and several varieties of trees that produce catkins (sorry don't know what they are).

It's a really lovely way to celebrate the coming of Spring! :robbie::robbie::robbie:

Of course, you can also celebrate the coming of Spring through the medium of rock :D:bounce:

An Easter tree is a display of branches that you've cut from the trees in the garden. When they're brought inside and put in water they come into leaf or flower very quickly. You can buy little wooden painnted decorations to hang off the branches. I've got twigs of willow, apple blossom and several varieties of trees that produce catkins (sorry don't know what they are).

It's a really lovely way to celebrate the coming of Spring! :robbie::robbie::robbie:

Oooh, your Easter tree sounds beautiful! :clap:

Mine is made from purple sparklie twigs that I always use for my 'Occasion Tree' (Halloween...my girlies and I sewed little black felt bats and little orange felt pumpkins, Valentines, Easter)...the rest of the year they stand in my girlies' room :lol:

I used to have some beautiful twisted hazel twigs that were decorated with little crystal stars on the landing in our last house...but I would love to have a 'live' tree like yours, MO3!

Oooh, talking of dressers MO3...I decorate mine at Christmas, with some lovely cream and red snowflake Shaker-ish china and little wooden and felt decorations! :D

Edited by bid

A walk by the sea with the children picking shells and having long chats with them.

Sitting by a fire with cat on lap, and a Bailey in hand.

Watching Men Behaving Badly on tv or One Foot in the Grave.

Having a silly dance in the living room to naff disco music and let yourself go and laugh so much that your tummy aches.

Going to my mum's and smelling nice cooking that reminds you of family dinners when we were little.

Listening to my children practice their music and play duets. sweet...

Having a nice bear hug with hubby. >:D<<'>

Oooh, your Easter tree sounds beautiful! :clap:

Thanks, bid. I like the idea of the purple sparklies though. Keep us updated how you decorate for the next occasion. :thumbs:

Yeah! i've just downloaded the new I Monster album... cheered me up no end :thumbs:

trouble is you don't get all that luvverly blurb with a download, so I don't know for sure yet if it is Sky edwards doing some of the vox or davey payne doing the sax solos...

I'll just get me anorak! :lol:

meanwhile - have a smile along with this:

and for lovers of the first album, if you check out the bottom eye tentacle on the l/h sand there's a lovely grunge version of 'backseat of my car' and the top one (I think) has a glam-rock version of hey mrs

:)

Love is a many tentacled thing

Oh - AND eagles of death metal have got a new album out, so that'll put a smile on #1 son's face :)

Oh Joy!

:D

over the last few days as it has been so nice i have sat out in the garden with my book and just relaxed-

as i have had agrophobia for the last 18 mths this has been totally enjoyable - sad i know!!