bid

Simple Pleasures

What are the simple pleasures in your life that give you a lovely lift?

For starters: asking Big A if he'd like a coffee when I make myself a cup of tea (no idea why this gives me a burst of pleasure, but it does :D).

Boho :dance:

snow!

chocolate.

OOOh - lots.

A glass of white while listening to the Newsquiz on radio 4. I potter round the house at the same time, putting clean washing away usually, and feeling glad it's Friday evening. :)

K x

Polishing shoes to a glass like appearance!! So repetitive its totally relaxing!! Guess its a ex military thing :lol:

Target Shooting. To be good youve got to relax and getting it right feels good.

Snow.

Blue Sky.

Landscapes.

Hills & Mountains.

MG Rover cars. :lol:

Cake.

Biscuits.

Quaint cottages and tea shops.

:oops: Sorry, that really was bit insensitive of me >:D<<'> ............the other hand, as an OAP I?ve waited a long time for some quality time between the sheets! ;)

Nellie

Mr p bringing me a cup of tea in bed

Cooking a meal from scratch with a glass of sherry to hand & LOUD music playing

Being woken by the dawn chorus - means spring is here

Getting up late on a weekend & "coming to" gradually rather than rushing round as I usually do

Going to the farmers market once a month - saying hi to people I know there, & bringing home yummy treats

A long email from a friend to enjoy

Reading in bed

Finding the first snowdrops

And of course .... JAFFA CAKES! :lol:

Lovely thread bid :thumbs:

Rubbing the tips of the cats ears between my thumbs and forefingers and watching her get all spaced out by it! (her little eyes shut and she looks all smug and luvved up!). and what's best is they're always really cold (go figure - but try it, it's true! I think god skipped putting capillaries in cat's ears 'cos of the fur but he underestimated the wind chill factor!)

Another cat related one - I love going to bed and seeing the cat sleeping next to Ben's head, 'cos i know there's a symbiotic thing going on and they both get something really great from it.

Non cat related - the smell of Ben's hair when it's just been washed. Getting the perfect mix of salad, steak, potato and mushroom on your fork. The first gobful of a good red wine. A good joke. A good laugh. reading something in a book that is so great you make a mental note to write it down (and then forget). Being alive (but this is something of a double edged sword!) A yawn and stretch that nearly hurts. Talking to yourself and saying something so unexpected and funny that it makes you laugh...

L&P

BD

Rubbing the tips of the cats ears between my thumbs and forefingers and watching her get all spaced out by it! (her little eyes shut and she looks all smug and luvved up!). and what's best is they're always really cold (go figure - but try it, it's true! I think god skipped putting capillaries in cat's ears 'cos of the fur but he underestimated the wind chill factor!)

Just tried...old cat has warm ears, and little cat has cold ears!! :o:huh:

Just tried...old cat has warm ears, and little cat has cold ears!! :o:huh:

Did they get spaced out/luvved up? It could be an interesting experiment if the warm-eared cats don't and the cold-eared cats do...

:D

Did they get spaced out/luvved up? It could be an interesting experiment if the warm-eared cats don't and the cold-eared cats do...

Well, the little one is in season at the mo, so she's sex mad anyway and following Big A everywhere yarking at him :ph34r::lol: (The other day I heard him say to her 'Stop showing me your bottom, it's not nice!' :clap: )

Old cat only really gets luvved up when she's kneading the furry throw on the settee :wub:

But I shall investigate further! :wacko:

Just tried again, and nope, the old cat doesn't liiike it!

Edited by bid

..........the other hand, as an OAP I?ve waited a long time for some quality time between the sheets! ;)

Nellie

NELLIE!!!! :o

This is a family forum!!! Tch, can't take you anywhere, can we????

;):lol:

Christmas Cake

Cugglin into my lads while we watch a fab DVD

Strolling through woods with the lads in my life, on a perfect spring day....and not meeting another soul on our travels either!

Lying in a toasty hot bubble-riffic bath with a great book, Diet Coke and mint humbugs by my side, whilst listening to my favourite choons, all surrounded by lit candles......totally chilled out and feeling pampered......

(And may I tell you how often that happens???? Not a lot, that's what!!)

Edited by pookie170

take a break magazine and a coffee on a thursday morning make me feel good

hot bubble bath

katie in clean pyjamas just after her bath

the thing which makes me feel really good is baddad :wub::wub::wub::wub: especially when he rubs the tops of my ears with his forefingers and watches me get all spaced out :o you didnt think he was on about a real cat did you kathryn??cat is his special nickname for me!!! :lol::lol:

the thing which makes me feel really good is baddad :wub::wub::wub::wub: especially when he rubs the tops of my ears with his forefingers and watches me get all spaced out :o you didnt think he was on about a real cat did you kathryn??cat is his special nickname for me!!! :lol::lol:

:o:o

:notworthy::lol: :lol: :notworthy:

I'll never be able to look at a cat's ears in the same way again :ph34r:;)

Fabby to see you around here again, hun!! >:D<<'>

Edited by bid

:blink::blink::blink:

You wouldn't get me near those ears until they'd had a flannel taken to them! And while you're at it make sure you don't miss your neck - you could grow tata's in that lot! :lol::whistle:

Ikkle ones in fresh jimmies - Oh yes! Do you remember the good old days when you got thick, white cotton sheets fresh from the line on washdays? They were crisp and cold and smelled of sunshine... now they are soft and thin and smell of fabric softener :( Still - a big improvement on the nylon ones my mum bought in the 70's - you'd get rope burns if you cornered too quickly and on summer nights they'd fuse to your body like a second skin. Static shocks, too - but then if you're going to be shocking i guess bed's the place to do it!

Sooooo looking forward to this evening.

3 children on a sleepover, DH at work, ASd boy will be in bed by 8.30pm

A light supper which includes cheese and excludes the certainty of someone telling me the damage I'm doing to my heart, a long bath, fresh sheets, Sky+ in the bedroom.

It's going to be good :thumbs:

A light supper which includes cheese It's going to be good :thumbs:

My god - are you mad??? Just think of what that'll be doing to you heart :o:o

Beelzebub's toe - jam!

Enjoy your cheese - nice bit of stinky stilton or danish Baloo, i hope. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb

Sooooo looking forward to this evening.

3 children on a sleepover, DH at work, ASd boy will be in bed by 8.30pm

A light supper which includes cheese and excludes the certainty of someone telling me the damage I'm doing to my heart, a long bath, fresh sheets, Sky+ in the bedroom.

It's going to be good :thumbs:

You devil, you!! :devil:

Enjoy :D

:Still - a big improvement on the nylon ones my mum bought in the 70's - you'd get rope burns if you cornered too quickly and on summer nights they'd fuse to your body like a second skin. Static shocks, too - but then if you're going to be shocking i guess bed's the place to do it!

My mama had a complete brain storm and bought both purple and fuschia pink nylon sheets!!

Scary...

But do you remember the cotton candy-striped ones? :thumbs:

Do you remember the good old days when you got thick, white cotton sheets fresh from the line on washdays? They were crisp and cold and smelled of sunshine...

Mmm, we still have them in halls - I love making the bed when we collect the fresh ones on a Tuesday morning :) Plus I get to laugh at the students who clearly haven't got a clue what to do with unfitted sheets!! :lol: :lol:

But do you remember the cotton candy-striped ones? :thumbs:

No, but I do remember having flannel ones which I think my Mum used to starch or something as they ended up like sandpaper - ouchy :wacko:

Woohoo DS gone to bed. Downside is I have to wait for the washer and drier. Still getting over the havoc caused by norovirus and all the kingsize sheets are on single beds.

My mum still has the candy-striped sheets. Ooh I might nip down the road and borrow some.

5:29pm (and 59 seconds) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday (actually, especially Friday) :thumbs:

Our weekly date as a family with Kung Fu on DVD. So cosy, curled up watching it together - my menfolk for the violence, me for David Carradine in his bare-chested prime :wub:

A hug from The Little Monkey (who knew that would ever happen :wub: ) A hug, full stop..come to think of it :)

Doggie getting so blissed out with a head scratch she nearly falls over..

Sunshine through the windows..

First sip of tea in the morning..

Putting on silly socks.. :D

Snuggling on the sofa, with a good book..

Listening to the opening notes of a favourite tune.. *goosebumps*..

Reading all these lovely posts......

Receiving a text from a friend

Hearing the guinea pigs go mad whenever anyone rustles a plastic bag (and then explaining to them that it isn't food) :lol:

Walking among hundreds of crocuses and snowdrops that have just come through the ground that not very long ago was snow-covered :)

Getting a postcard from someone on holiday to add to my collection :photo: