Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

I'm sickened

This was my last post about it: http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry259645

Now a policeman phoned myself and said that this boy had done it before the trip to a girl at the school, but they are taking her statement into consideration and not my sons. It won't go to court as "they don't want to put him through it" and "it would be the same outcome anyway".. So now he has a final warning and that's it!!!!!!

The school knew he had done this before and let him sexually assault my son, with no staff around for the night! What can I do? I can't let it go, it's a kick in the teeth for every autistic child who is assaulted. They have no rights!!!

I'm so upset.

Hi

That's absolutely disgraceful. This boy is a danger to others, given this isn't just a one off. He's getting away with it and will continue to carry out these assaults for as long as he does.

I can't offer any advice. I share your disgust and I really hope you get a breakthrough.

Caroline.

This really sickens me our children are vulnerable anyway without this boy getting away with it. As I believe somebody said before (sorry if i am mistaken) this just tells all the other sick people out there it is OK to abuse people with special needs as nothing will be done about it. The system stinks. Feel utterly disgusted and my thoughts are with you and your son. Is he OK, is he getting any help and counselling. >:D<<'>

Is the child back in school?

I would make an official, written complaint to the school (ask for their Complaints Policy and follow it).

I would want to know how their risk assessment for the trip concluded that it was OK to leave the child unsupervised (or that it was advisable to let him go on the trip), and I would want to know how they will ensure the safety of the other children now he is back at school.

Have you had legal advice?

speechless and really feel for you, how can that be right??

I would be following others suggestions and consulting a solicitor.

If the school knew he had done this sort of thing before AND still left him without supervision I would be thinking about taking legal action against them because that is a really serious error to make. Obviously I do not know full story so may be interpreting things wrongly (I did read your original post about the incident, and I was horrified).

XX >:D<<'>

Edited by westie

Defies belief. You need a solicitor to advise you asap.Think I told you how to find an appropriate one in my post last time, I would also report the matter to Ofsted, make a formal complaint with the LEA and the school.

Its all about risk assessments = your solicitor will advise fully. Good luck.

Excellent advice, madme.

So sorry, Cariad. The decision is unbelievable. I do hope you guys are doing okay, and that you get some results if you wish to take this further.

Esther x

Excellent advice, madme.

So sorry, Cariad. The decision is unbelievable. I do hope you guys are doing okay, and that you get some results if you wish to take this further.

Esther x

Get your MP involved as well. I've had several run ins with government departments where they've refused, point blank to change their minds only to do a U-turn when the local MPs written to them. Aside from anything else, this does seem to send the message that of you want to assault children make sure it's the ones the Police won't listen to.

I really feel for you that it is terrible that the charges have been dropped in this way - however I would still be inclined to go after the school as it the school that have acted disgracefully in this case. You could consult a solicitor to see whether you can sue the school for breaching their duty of care to your child - especially given the previous incident it is shocking that this boy was allowed on the trip and incomprehensible that he was not supervised at all times and allowed to be alone with your son.

What about a contacting the Police Complaints Commission? Children/Adults with Special Needs are just as entitled to be protected from abuse, if not more so, as they can be so much more vulnerable.

I am fuming on your behalf!

Also contact the NAS, as I am sure that they have a list of solicitors experienced in representing clients with ASD.

Good luck!