Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

shattered

Hi, had one of those days where I just feel worn out and just a bit sorry for myself...ds has just pooed his pants again which has become a daily thing and I think just for tonight the smile has slipped. I am worn out through lack of sleep and the constant demands of ds and simply tired!

Feel the need to moan and feel sorry for myself just for tonight...... sorry!

Just feel so sad that this is my life... and dont see a silver lineing

I am sure tommorow will be better, but a tough day sometimes makes you look at the whole pictue and thats when things look blesk, single parent and I worry like mad who would care for ds if something ever happened to me

moam over!

We all have days like this, lots sometimes! I find it best not to look too far ahead when I feel like this, just get to the end of the day, have a large red and phone a friend! keep strong, and be kind to yourself. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Enid

Thanks Enid, feel rather silly for posting but the walls just closed in on me today! and everything felt hard!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Been there many times - I hope tomorrow's kinder to you

Hi, had one of those days where I just feel worn out and just a bit sorry for myself...ds has just pooed his pants again which has become a daily thing and I think just for tonight the smile has slipped. I am worn out through lack of sleep and the constant demands of ds and simply tired!

Feel the need to moan and feel sorry for myself just for tonight...... sorry!

Just feel so sad that this is my life... and dont see a silver lineing

I am sure tommorow will be better, but a tough day sometimes makes you look at the whole pictue and thats when things look blesk, single parent and I worry like mad who would care for ds if something ever happened to me

moam over!

hi ya im new to this site aww bless you i feel like that nearly every day its hard work and people dont seem to understand well if you would like to talk please write back i could really do with having somebody who understands and wont judge

"Tomorrow is another day" and hopefully, a better one for you!

I hope the sun shines for you tomorrow. Infact just watched the news it should shine for everone, i hope so at least. xxx

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

I know how you feel. My son is again in the faze when he wakes up during the night and feeling sick and wants to vomit. It happens now every night sometimes twice and it is soooo exhausting and depressing to see him suffer.

Don't think too much about the future. Nobody knows what it will bring. One day at a time is my moto (although it does not help much when I am feeling like you now. ;)

Danaxxx

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

I know how you feel. My son is again in the faze when he wakes up during the night and feeling sick and wants to vomit. It happens now every night sometimes twice and it is soooo exhausting and depressing to see him suffer.

Don't think too much about the future. Nobody knows what it will bring. One day at a time is my moto (although it does not help much when I am feeling like you now. ;)

Danaxxx

I know this is going off topic, but i'm taking my son to the hospital for an appointment on Monday due to cycles of vomiting. He can go weeks with nothing and then he is sick almost every day. Sometimes he is sick at night when he is asleep, or first thing in the morning, or just when he is about to leave or school or when he arrives at school. Someone else informed me of something called Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome. Anyway we've been sent for a check up to make sure there is nothing else causing the problem. But CVS is linked to anxiety, stress or just excitement. My son has always vomited very easily. Sometimes just telling him no as a toddler would make him throw up. When he is going through a phase of vomiting it is so tiring - then when he's okay I almost forget all about it until it happens again. It is the same with bed wetting. He can go months completely dry and then he'll wet the bed nearly every night for a number of days.

>:D<<'> >:D< Must be in the air, im having a day like it today.....feel like im going round in circles chasing my tail n getting nowere fast.....it is hard isnt it but esp so on 'bad' days......hope today is better for you. >:D<<'>

I know this feeling to well,I get approx.4 hrs sleep each day,work three night a week,care for four boys on my own (also single mum)and studying part time!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the replies, It really helps to know we all get these days and its not just me!

A better day today, so onwards and upwards!

If given the choice of a lottery win or 8 hrs sleep I know what I would choose :whistle:

Thanks again everyone and thinking of all of you having that bad day xxxx

Thanks for all the replies, It really helps to know we all get these days and its not just me!

A better day today, so onwards and upwards!

If given the choice of a lottery win or 8 hrs sleep I know what I would choose :whistle:

Thanks again everyone and thinking of all of you having that bad day xxxx

If I give you one of my eight-hour-sleeps, can I have your lottery win?

I am lucky in that sleeping is something that I have started being able to expect again :thumbs: but everyone has days where life feels like a slog.... even people with only NT kids! Being on your own means that you don't get the chance to foist the responsibility off on anyone else even if just for a few hours - which is something I find invaluable. is there anyone who can help out, or even better, who you could stay with for a few days, just to help you catch up on some sleep. I wouldn't leave my kids with anyone else, but when I take them to my mum's she gets up with them in the morning & I can get anything up to an extra hour in bed!!!! It's amazing how much that can help.

Glad it was only a blip and you are feeling more optimistic again. Remember that the next time you have one of those days:)

Thank you KezT

Having felt so low and tired I called in the cavalry(my mum) who took ds at 6.am and I went to back to bed for a couple of hours and was refreshed(well a bit) and ready to carry on! she is the only person I have ever left him with and never overnight as he is very hard work and an escape artist! But I think that I need to ask for help a little more often as it really helped. I think I can be a little too proud for my own good sometimes! I just never wanted to "put" on her and have always felt that my life choices led me to be a single parent and I didnt want my mum to feel put upon, but truth be told she loved being asked to help out! and the two of them had a ball! we have agreed she will sleep over once a week and do the night with ds and let me get a full nights sleep!!!!!!!

so maybe that bad day worked out to be very positive indeed.

Lyn x

Thank you KezT

Having felt so low and tired I called in the cavalry(my mum) who took ds at 6.am and I went to back to bed for a couple of hours and was refreshed(well a bit) and ready to carry on! she is the only person I have ever left him with and never overnight as he is very hard work and an escape artist! But I think that I need to ask for help a little more often as it really helped. I think I can be a little too proud for my own good sometimes! I just never wanted to "put" on her and have always felt that my life choices led me to be a single parent and I didnt want my mum to feel put upon, but truth be told she loved being asked to help out! and the two of them had a ball! we have agreed she will sleep over once a week and do the night with ds and let me get a full nights sleep!!!!!!!

so maybe that bad day worked out to be very positive indeed.

Lyn x

Hi bluefish

That solution sounds like heaven to me - well done! I have a husband but our parents were all too elderly to help out much when our youngest was born. Our eldest would go and stay with them occasionally, which they, he and we enjoyed very much. Our youngest would never go as he is too anxious. My mum stays with us sometimes but she doesn't really take much notice of the boys ( :blink: ). My oh has always left for work at 7.20am so he's never been much help in the mornings and for about 10 years we were looking after his elderly parents, so he would often go straight from work to help them and again at the weekend.

I can look back now and realise I let many things go because I just didn't have the energy to be disciplined and have rigid guidelines like I perhaps should have. When you're so tired you just want to lay down, there is no way you feel like having big arguments and standing your ground over some rule or other. However, that is not the end of the world. My boys are growing up lovely now. We have had major probs with the youngest (mainly due to anxiety), but he is gradually coming out of that now.

As long as kids know you love them, they will overlook being snapped at/shouted at from time to time. With my eldest that was the only way he knew that he had pushed me too far - he wasn't able to 'take the hint' from a glare or other body language, he had to see a demonstrative display of my emotions (which at times he did frequently!!).

Don't beat yourself up, and when you're having a good day praise your son and, if he'll let you, give him a big hug and tell him you love him :wub: . You best take this approach with your mum as well - keep her onside !!!!