Sign in to follow this  
kirstie

We got a place!!!!!!

:thumbs: Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share with all of you our fabby news!

After the visits in November to all of the language units (within the mainstream primary schools) and the emotional battering we took we decided on a particular unit for our Lewis. Well, i say decided, rather the one i was hell bent on getting him into!! We had to make a placing request as it is outwith our catchment area (Its never simple is it?!) And FINALLY we heard this week that Lewis has been offered a place there. :band:

I know it will be fantastic for him. There won't be as many triggers for his behaviours there as a pose to his mainstream nursery where its packed to the gunnels with children and the staff have found themselves out of their depth at times. In recent months he has made massive strides forward with the support and intervention of the multi disciplinary education department called SPECTRUM. They are there for the early intervention and are expanding so that when the kids do move on be it mainstream school or not they will keep visiting them at school, which is excellent. The staff have done intensive work with Lewis with amazing results. He's learning self control, and educationally he's doing Primary school work!

I don't know where we would be right now if i hadn't fought for all of these people to be involved, or indeed like some parents, didn't have the diagnosis for many years. I know where i was a year ago.........on my knees, begging for help. :( It just goes to show, you have to have thick skin and a bit of a gob, but for us it has paid of tenfold.Things are looking up, and without the wonderful advice and support on this forum i would still be scratching my head (or tearing my hair out)

Thank guys you're all amazing!! >:D<<'>

take care,

Love Kirstie.

B) Well done, these fights parents go through on a daily basis are worth while when they pay off, I hope your little boy enjoys it and gets a lot from it, sounds ideal I just wish they had these type of units where I live sounds brilliant

Oh Kirstie, it's great to see you posting good news. :thumbs:

I'm soooooooo pleased for you and Lewis. :dance::dance::dance: You deserve it, you have been through some very tough times. It's all down to you and your big gob!!! well done. :clap::clap::notworthy::notworthy:

Hope you had a great birthday... what a lovely present!!! :bday:

Nellie >:D<<'>

Hi Kirstie,

This news has put a great big smile on my face even though my fake tan application has gone terribly wrong and I've got a wedding to go to ! Just reminded me what things are important and what aren't ( like me looking various different shades of brown !! ) :lol:

hello kirstie

im so pleased for you both,its brilliant news. my steves just got into a good school,its like winning the lottery,so pleased for you.

Well done and Congratulations. It's nice to hear some good news for once :thumbs:

Carole