Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

What have you got planned

....summer clubs are expensive, I have been putting cheap outdoor games away to fit in the boot of the car, like plastic golf clubs ,cricket bats, etc, so Im planning lots of picnics to country parks, one big day out each week, a bouncy castle in the back garden for one day, swimming once a week, and we live near the beach, so thats a good day out. Aiming to spend as little as possible, its so easy to spend a small fortune. And Im not going shopping with them...any other ideas?

Guest flutter

planning on getting a family railcard

so i will still be K")"�$ed but will not be at home lol

we near beach too, so hope to do that

she is going to sports camp for 2 weeks, can feel the stress already :(

My hv got him a place in a playscheme which runs for the last 3weeks of the holidays every afternoon so that will be something! :D

Other than that, I'm booking myself my usual bed in the local mental hospital! Free drinks, food,waitresses etc, what else could I woman ask for!!! ;) j/k

Guest flutter

does that have my much needed padded cell??

cos if it does share pleeaasssee

C x

That padded cell had better be a big one, there are a lot of us to get in, :lol: It should have plenty of corners, for rocking and gibbering in, and we will all need our heads shaved to stop us pulling our hair out. Oh and don't forget copious amounts of the red stuff :wine: medicinal purposes only of course.

Can't wait, see you all there :thumbs:

Viper.

I really can't wait for the summer holidays....................... to be over :rolleyes:

:wallbash::crying::fight::angry: - me in August

:dance::thumbs::cheers::party::partytime::clap: - me in September

:lol:

flutter and viper - Called the manager and he said we could have a four beeded padded cell room. Yayyy!!!!

OK, first come first serve for that last bed. Any takers????

BTW Viper, no :wine: allowed but they have got plenty of the 'other' happy stuff!! :D Mind you, I don't think they do body searches so if you sneak some in, I will too!! :D

Edited by Tylers-mum

:tearful: Trying to keep my hair will be a start

7 weeks, I have no idea, all the clubs my son has been going to are off over the school holidays :blink: so its find something else

Day at Hull to see my partners new nephew,and probably The Deep as Mikey wouldn't let us goto Hull without going there :rolleyes: world revolves around fish

Fingers crossed a free day at Flamingo Land as my friend works there and said she will get all 4 of us in free :thumbs:

Any room for a fifth in the padded cell :pray:

On second thoughts...can I join you in the padded cell.....???

The MIL WANTS TO COME HERE FOR A WEEK.

Is valium allowed, and can I bring chocolate?

Is valium allowed, and can I bring chocolate?

That should be an essential

On second thoughts, now I have the diagnosis for my son and know how to deal with him better I'm hoping the holidays will be easier than last year :pray:

I'm joining the queue for the padded cell ... ! I'll bring my diazepam.

I'm moving next week, then temporarily homeless whilst paperwork goes through (and they're being no problems that it) for about a week 10 days, so T and I are staying at my mums ... arrghhhh, T & A are away for 1 week with ex-out-laws and 2 weeks with my sister when shes come down camping ... during that time hopefully I'll of moved us in and be settled, just in time for them to de-camp, be thoroughly fed up as we've moved counties and A is gonna sulk BIG TIME, be over spoilt from all the relatives and generally hell for the last 2-3 weeks. Then all I've gotta do is find them a school .. oh happy days!!

HHxx

spending the hols playing referee between 3 kids ;)

actually it shouldn't be toooooo bad.

both me and hubbie work in schools so have the whole time off......we will do lots of picnics and walks that cost no money. and when things get bad we can split them.

G is crazy for football so give him a ball and a large field and he will chill out just fine.

give me a large bottle of plonk and i'll chill out just fine :)

OK, OK!! I had to beg and pleed on my knees but the manager came through in the end! An't he a darling??? :D

He said that we could have 2 four bedded rooms to ourselves. Now he did say that both have free access to padded rooms which are adjacent to each room so four can share one cell and the other can share the other cell. How does that sound??? :D He also threw in some nurses to help pamper us with whatever we wished!! Yayyy!!

Now then, room 1 has been allocated to myself, flutter, viper and lil_me. Room 2 to sallya and hectorshouse. Only 2 more places left and that's it. Sorry folks, did try to get more out of him but he said the place is pretty busy at that time of year!! :tearful:

sallya - I asked about the valium and guess what??? They are free so you don't need to bring any!! WooHooo! Them and the :wine: should keep us busy for the 6wks eh?? :D As for the chocolate, well, the wine is being sneaked in so maybe you can sort out the chocolate??? Hint Hint!!! Wink Wink!!! LOL

How does that sound to everyone????

Guest flutter

k

i am packed :)

actually dont need much for a padded cell :oops:

just me jammies

sounds like holiday heaven, in fact anytime heaven

found this that i posted on another site be warned tho, does contain bits pertainin to womens bits :wallbash: but it turned into a cool thread

http://p197.ezboard.com/fendoboardfrm5.sho...icID=1328.topic

Cx

Edited by flutter

My husband (bless) cannot understand why I've turned down a trip to the open air pool this evening with all the kids except the ASD one. Could be because I spent all day yesterday with them (including ASD lad) watching his team come third in a football tournament.

I call it time off for good behaviour.

Thanks TM, I can't wait, we can have :wine: and valium cocktails, and girly chats right up untill half nine at night, and these nurses you mention, can we have hunky male ones, just as eye candy you understand?

Sounds like heaven, and when I :wallbash: it won't hurt like it does now. Three cheers for TM, hip hip.........

See you all there girls.:partytime:

Viper.

Perfect TM, :lol:B)

I couldnt get the milk tray man to deliver the choc, but will the milky bar kid do?

I still need some ideas what to do this holiday, HH wont put up with my smelly feet for very long, so when MIL has gone, I will have to check out.

:D Was thinking about going to the enchanted forest, we went at half term, and the kids loved it. Need things to wear them out. After school yesterday, daughter climbed up the net curtains, and ripped them, emptied a bag of sugar on the floor, and son took all the drawer handles off, threaded them onto my dressing gown belt, and tied it to the windows. Then he attached his toy soldiers on with sellotape, so they could slide down it. He cut his socks up with sissors. Was complete bedlam, and holidays are not here yet, would like to enjoy the holidays this year and save my house from mass destruction..........

Sallya Wrote:

Son took all the drawer handles off, threaded them onto my dressing gown belt, and tied it to the windows. Then he attached his toy soldiers on with sellotape, so they could slide down it.

It shows that it's not true that Autistic children have no imgaination! Must have been a bit of a pain at the time, but I'm quite impressed! :P

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Hi

This thread is great.

My observation and something that should be added to the ASD diagnostic criteria and that for ADHD etc.

Parents have a pathological fear of the summer in fact any holidays when other families look forward to long summer days spent with their children!

I start a permanent job in September. It is part time, 3 days a week, in school, DS is at Nursery. It is a day nursery and open all year so I get time off for a week at Xmas and Half terms and easter. I am already dreading the time he starts school. No more nursery and no more peace and quiet in he hols.

We are away for two weeks with friends. I've got to put in some preparation for work in September while he's at nursery. After the holiday there is a week of no nursery at all. He'll have missed three weeks when he goes back. So that week will probably be awful. On a high from the holiday and then a big bump back to earth when we get home to do the washing etc.

I've got one toy saved from Christmas that wasn't appropriate then. I might introduce him to that. Then it will be picnics, lots of trips to the park and lots of water play. Keeps hhim out of mischief for ages. As he will need supervising I will have to sit in the garden with a book so maybe it won't be too bad.

Enjoy the padded cell the rest of you. Have you got a freezer for the ice cream?

Like a few here there's nowt when the hols start for my lad, so it's a 6 week daily and hourly battle to even get him to walk to the shops with us let alone attempt something as considerable as a day trip out. :( Last year we simply canceled 75% of the events we arranged to take him to, he was so adamant he didn't want to go,and when we started taking him anyway he disrupted the entire thing, so it was too stressful for us all really.

We are going to keep trying, maybe short trips out, make sure he gets weeks advance notice, as spontaneous is out ! we may make one or two of them. 6 weeks is far too long for children but it's a nightmare with an aspie who starts to get stressed his routine has changed, even if it is a holiday. Continuity is vital, and there's nil here to even build on. We utilized a SS trip to a theme park, but found there were none there to help and assist and it was with wheelchair children, whom he didn't know and never met, so that was a failure, it's hard enough getting him to mix WITH his own classmates who are aspies too, let alone total strangers.

He seems to be indicating he WOULD perhaps go with an organized school thing, but nil else, but the school doesn't get included in extra-curricular activities of any kind. Had enough during the day one tutor said !

if anyone has any ideas of cheap things to do in hampshire let me know everything my little darlings have planned costs heaps, even a trip to the local country park gets expensive with 4 kids so cheap alternatives are essential.

and if theres any room left in the padded cell please squeeze me in the thought of six glorious weeks of peace, quiet and solitude :whistle: have me coming over all funny!!!! :hypno:

H x

Just a thought, and apologies if you already do this...

For the school holidays I've always put up a visual timetable for the whole 6 weeks, so that we can all see what we are doing and when.

I also cross off the days so that it's easy to see how much of the holiday is left.

Actually it can be quite fun doing these timetables...I like decorating them 'in theme', so the Christmas one is always very seasonal! Lots of buckets and spades and smiley suns for the Summer :)

Bid :)

YAROO -

Confirmed yesterday, Ben's booked in for a summer fun scheme 3 days per week throughout August. The other four days will either be hell or heaven depending on weather cause there is absolutely freakin' nothing to do around here when the weather is bad, apart from choca-block swimming pools (dive in and get stuck!) or incredibly expensive indoor stuff like bowling/cinema -also choca!

We've also got a week at 'Butlintz' (Ben's choice - he enjoyed it immensely last year) and both our birthdays - he's 8, and I'm 35 AGAIN!! ;)

Am starting to feel confident that we will 'make it through' so long as we see enough blue skies. If rain stops play, make some room in that padded cell... I'll drop Ben off with you and p*** off to the south of France for the duaration! :devil::lol:

Bid - you've got your sensible hat on again! Take it off, it doesn't suit you :D

L&P

BD

As a Home Educator having my kids home is something I am well used to. What I do hate is that everywhere that we like to go will be off limit because of the holidays. Too full.

Terry and I tended to be the 'un-official' playscheme leaders in our Close, until it all went pear shaped last year and Matt had a major meltdown at the end of the holidays. Although we said we would not be doing it again this year for some reason the kids all tend to end up in our garden looking for something to do. At the moment we have a sticker club running after school and also a 'lets wash the foot path' club, which is one of the most favourite activites know to man :lol: We must have the cleanest Close in the UK! We also do mini-beast hunts and when it's becoming dark we hunt for frogs, hedgehogs and moths. The kids just love it and it keeps it structured for Matthew. Terry used to be a playleader so it's like water off a ducks back for him. Which is just as well as last night he had an organised super soaker fight. Two full hours of wonderful wet mayhem. He enjoyed every minute of it :lol:

We also have some trips orgainised with the ASD support group but as my Mum is still far from being well there will be no actual holiday.

Carole

Baddad

Have a happy repeat Birthday.

You may be interested to know that Oscar Wilde is with you on this one:

"35 is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years."

Simon

:) I think I might pass on the padded cell and go round to Caroles for the summer hols, it sounds great in your close! Love water fights, the beastie hunts sound great. Have you got enough room for a 6 man tent in your garden :D .?.............I,m not looking forward to the hols my aspie does,nt like to go anywhere :( .

Hi Suze,

It's so hard when your kids do not want to leave the house and join in - that was David - he could never see the point and never wanted to see anyone or do anything.

BUT I have to say that having to be unofficial playleaders to enable Matthew to 'join in' is blooming hard work. :wacko: But Matthew does want to be there, go there and do that. While David 18 tomorrow, still can not undestand WHY anyone would want to play outside. :o Or go anywhere when you have everything you need in the house :huh:

Two sides of the one coin living in one house.

Bring your tent - then David will have another reason to call me mad. :lol:

Carole

Edited by carole

You may be interested to know that Oscar Wilde is with you on this one:

"There is only one thing worse than having Oscar Wilde with you on this one, and that is... :lol::lol:

June half-term was horrific so I've planned the whole summer holiday out just to be on the safe side. I have seven (count 'em) weekly timetables hung on the dining room wall, split into mornings and afternoons, with details written on them of what we'll be doing, with whom, what times etc. I've got James on a special needs playscheme for two days a week for four weeks starting on Monday - fantastic ratio of 8 kids to 6 staff, and parents had to fill in a personal details booklet about their child so that the local authority can match the right staff to the playschemes to make sure there is provision for each child's needs. And best of all it's only �4 a day!!

We have a family holiday at the end of August, booked a cottage in Derbyshire. Also a lovely friend from my online ME group has offered to put James and I up for a few days in her cottage in north Wales - how fabulously kind and generous is that? And as I don't drive, the inlaws are driving us there and having a few days' holiday for themselves before bringing us back. Aren't people lovely?

On the whole I'm feeling quite optimistic about the holidays now, though I was worried sick about it a month ago. Not sure I'll be feeling the same way by September though.

Karen

x

I thought I had something for T to do for three weeks and then he would be at his Dad's for a week, but the things are not now going to happen - so got 4 weeks+ with 2 Aspies who like doing different things and a hormonal NT - oh what fun!!

Karen

Well I guess someone has to be different.... I'm actually delighted and breathing a huge sigh of relief now that it's the holidays!!! Why???

Because it's so stressfull getting my 11 year old up, ready, fed and out the door in time for school! It's a daily case of pitting my wits against his.

I have 3 kids, two of which are ASD, and I've found that all of them are so much more relaxed and willing to do something different when they are not at school.

I will avoid having them with me when I do food shopping though, they gang up on me and I invariably end up doubling the food bill! :blink:

Happy holidays folks !

:bounce:

Lauren I have to agree with you in part, the stress of school my son hates and every day is a chore to get him there, he is so much better at home but........ its his little brother who is 4 that winds him up no end :angry: that becomes the problem, keeping him busy when the majority of children near by are older has resulted in costing me over �100 last week, one sand and water play pit, one set of tunnels, a paddling pool and a few other garden toys to go with the playground he already has. Fingers crossed it will keep him out of his brothers way a little, who only likes leaving the house if what we are doing has something to do with fish usually.

Hi,

Am in same boat as Lauren, no way am I going to attempt taking all 3 to the supermarket (unless feeling very barmy, it has been known) Am trying internet grocery shopping, it seems to take ages. A friend told me that some supermarkets wiil get a disabled child trolley if requested.I can't fold my 5 yr old into a normal trolley for much longer(he's hypermobile which helps!) I can face taking one child shopping, at a push two, but then it costs too much in bribery !

I tried taking my 2 last week, went for a small list of 10 items, came out 2 hours later having spent over �100 and totally stressed out. I told my partner never again, I don't care if I have to go in the middle of the night when he gets home (he's a taxi driver whilst studying) I will not be taking both children shopping again