darkshine

Theme music

Here's a couple of shows I enjoyed a whole lot more:

11) The Demon Headmaster

12) Maid Marian and Her Merry Men

Edited by robertmannma

this topic has taken on a life of its own
I said that, and I even added a little coming-alive-robot-thingy (post 133). :lol: Edited by Mannify

I liked those 2 too :lol:

That's it - I have to say, even though I maintain that I didn't really watch TV for hours - I must have been a TV addict when I was a kid - maybe it's why I don't watch it so much now!!!!

Even though the tune is the same it's different hosts - think the other guy was Ed Tudor Pole or something random like that - I still think Richard O'Brien was the best one though

I never watched either of them! I tried watching Demon Headmaster one and was totally creeped out by it!

As for crystal Maze - I loved it! - I posted it earlier in the thread! I'm pretty sure there isn't an episode I haven't watched - with either presenter, and yes I agree Richard O'Brien was best.

Here's another one of mine:

Definitely bet I'm the only one who watched this.

Can safely say I didn't :lol:

Yeah, and anyway, if you did it's probably not one to own up to.

I honestly didn't. I've never even heard of it! I'm such an honest person I would actually say if I did.

Sorry, didn't mean to doubt you. :peace: It was a room full of adolescent journalists, yawn. We really need a 'bored' emoticon, don't we? Actually, I can think of quite a few emoticons we need, but I don't think I really want to make waves about it on the techy forum bit.

Here's a couple from when I was a lot younger:

13) Rosie & Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT6gNuwY75w

14) Tot's TV

Edited by robertmannma

Loved Recess :thumbs:

I remember my sister watching the Press gang thing - the actress in it went on to do lots of other things but never saw the guy again - to be honest compared to neighbours and home & away - this was one show I could stand to watch a bit of - the girl was a total be-atch :lol:

As for Rosie and Jim - I've seen that too with a lad I used to babysit - it's one of those quite annoying things that's actually watch-able - there was some other thing with puppet things that he watched too... Cannot remember what the hell it was. And because of the amount of kids that have entered into my life I know the names of and have seen quite a few...

One of them had blue hair I think, and I think it was 3 of them, either one boy and 2 girls or the other ways round (and it wasn't the Teletubbies, the Hoobs, or the Tweenies) and was definitely on at the same time as Rosie and Jim... anyone know what I mean?

Did anyone see that thing with an old woman and a sheep dog (border collie not old english) where she used to go off with it in a small plane? That was annoying too...

And there was this thing called Moondial or something? Anyone see that?

And there was another one with the boy who was stuck in a coma and he lived a whole life in his coma as he tried to get out of this dream world thing he was stuck in - again - haven't got a clue what it was called.

I think it's Tots TV that you're thinking of. It's actually the second one in the post below Rosie & Jim.

Just looked at the Press Gang video. Can't say I recall that one but it is interesting seeing a young Dexter Fletcher. Also, it was written by Steven Moffat. I didn't even realise he was working that far back!

I think it's Tots TV that you're thinking of. It's actually the second one in the post below Rosie & Jim.

Oh yeah - that one didn't load on my screen (I often just get a load of white boxes with a grey ghostly shadow across and I just have to wait for the clips to load - I obviously didn't wait long enough for that one lol) - but it's why I don't always put in the clips at times - it all depends on my internet speed and if everyone's home and online I lose quite a percentage of it - and it also depends on how many windows I have open too (sometimes I have way too many - like 15-40 - it's no surprise that some things take time to loads ;)

Thanks for letting me know - cuz you are right - it was Tots TV :lol:

Another one I liked was Roland Rat

Edited by darkshine

I can't quite remember but I think the people who did Rosie & Jim and Tot's TV might have done another show too. Can't quite remember it off the top of my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragdoll_Productions

They're all listed on this page on Wikipedia - including Brum and Teletubbies no less!

I can't quite remember but I think the people who did Rosie & Jim and Tot's TV might have done another show too. Can't quite remember it off the top of my head.

This is reminding me of shows I hated lol - like banana's in pajama's...

There's a whole list of puppet based shows on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_programs_featuring_puppetry

This used to irritate me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQiWNz7frPY

Urgh, Bananas in Pyjamas! The kids' Nana has videos of that at her house for them to watch. Diabolical. Polkadot Shorts is of similar ilk.

And was I just impossibly shallow to avoid Jackanory like the plague?

Of current offerings available to children, this one makes my son and daughter leave the room

Of current offerings available to children, this one makes my son and daughter leave the room

:o

That made me fumble to press the mute button after 13 seconds - aaargh - they are freaky, it isn't just the music, its the characters!!!!

I do not blame your kids for leaving the room, I'd be fighting them to get through the doorway :lol:

(I never liked Jackanory - there were some things I'd put up with cuz the next thing was good - cuz there never used to be specific tv guides so you just had to sit and wait or go do something else - but I couldn't stand Jackanory, or Basil Brush, Orvil made me shudder, amongst many) :devil:

And was I just impossibly shallow to avoid Jackanory like the plague?

Not at all - I did too! :lol:

I've found a whole new list of kids shows. I reckon some are from my sister growing up but I remember a lot too.

1) Incredible Games - I loved it. In series 1 David Walliams was the voice of the lift!

2) Henry's Cat - forgot all about this one, but remember it so well now :)

Does anyone remember a programme that had a witch in it?? I don't mean the worst witch - I hated that. There was where the closing titles showed the witch going off down the road into the distance. I can see them so clearly but can't remember the name of the programme for the life of me!

Can you describe the witch a bit? There was one I remember with quite a homely, rotund, granny-like witch who was friends with a young lad, but I can't remember what it was called.

I don't really remember. The only thing I can find is grotbags, but it doesn't seem right for some reason, even though I seem to remember this witch having a green face and green hair - I could be wrong though. What you described sounds familiar

I've got it! The witch wasn't green! It was called Simon and the Witch! Thanks Mannify, I would never have got that without you saying about the boy :)

Edited by SensitiveSoul

erm... I'm not so sure. I hated the programme as a kid because she scared me for some reason :lol:

And that Pink Windmill thing with the scary ostrich.

The pink windmill thing was with Emu and Rod Harris (who is the guy who did stuff with Orvil and that ###### monkey - probably an orangutan, was it cuddles? God I hated Orvil and that monkey), the pink windmill thing had Grotbags and Croc in it too...

Yeah I was sad enough to watch that - but then I was sad enough to love Ken Dodd and the Diddy Men too :)

Has anyone mentioned trapdoor yet?

I don't think so. It's hard to keep track of who's said what now isn't it :lol:

Here's some more of mine:

1) Toucan Tecs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBqqCu1uxmQ

2) Halfway across the galaxy and turn left

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy2JvxMu_L0

Edited by SensitiveSoul

All my favourite ads are highly inappropriate - and are from foreign tv usually, or they got banned from ours, like the levis ad with the dying hamster. I don't hear or see many adverts cuz I tend to mute them, or go and make a drink cuz I hate being brainwashed - I don't really watch much tv :lol: I actually don't!

Does anyone know what the thing with the polar bear (I think) and the floating island was called? :D

This is the only polar bear thing I know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHX_cIQBRF0&feature=relmfu