Here's a show that used to absolutely love. I so wanted this watch:

15) Bernard’s Watch

Conversely, here is one that my sister used to make me watch:

16) The Biz!

Edited by robertmannma

Did anyone ever watch these??

How 2:

Record breakers;

Yep, both. I'm beginning to wonder how I found time to eat or sleep - I remember such a lot of this stuff.

Here's Why Don't You? with a 'Just Say 'No' to Strangers' infomercial thing that I remember.

Edited by Mannify

I remember How 2! That really takes me back. I had completely forgotten all about that show.

Does anyone remember these?

17) Bodger and Badger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_gUtPMc9A&feature=related

18) Funnybones

Edited by robertmannma

I saw it really late at night on either bbc2 or c4 - back when my tv only had 4 channels - the choice of what to watch was so much simpler and standards were lower - now I just rant that there are loads of channels and most of them are filled with ######... which is why I generally don't bother watching it that much... oh and to avoid the brainwashing of adverts....

That will all change while the paralympics are on though :D

I quite like the theme tune from Jurassic Park...

Returning to ones from when I was very young:

19) Postman Pat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QupxV4baHxM

20) Fireman Sam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIBnTkIBrGw

Edited by robertmannma

there are loads of channels and most of them are filled with ######.
Yep, mostly reality rubbish in which it's ok to be mean to people if they think they're good at something but they don't quite make the grade.

Is it just me or are game shows rubbish now... so are they actually rubbish or were our standards much lower when it seemed like more of them were good? :wacko:

Seriously I haven't got a clue - I used to enjoy watching Blockbusters as a kid ffs :lol:

I have to agree with you darkshine. I too think gameshows nowadays tend to be rather on the rubbish side. And the less said about the many so-called reality shows the better.

To help steer the conversation away from reality TV here are a couple more TV show themes from my childhood (albeit not as far back). Was anyone else here as into anime as I was?

21) Pokemon

22) Digimon

Edited by robertmannma

I wasn't but my sister's boyfriend is really into that stuff. He's also into Yu-gi-o, which is kind of similar, I think. He exasperates my sister by going to championships across the country and stuff. He's 19 and at Uni.

Pokemon & Digimon - how they drove me nuts when I was sort of being a foster carer for a boy of 12, it's like stepping back in time and remembering going through all those cards with him, and seeing the Pokemon film about a thousand times because it calmed him down - actually, I liked the cards - but not the TV series or film :lol: I admit, the cards were strangely addictive :D

Seeing as you mentioned it Mannify here:

23) Yu-Gi-Oh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdymRvhIjwY

And here's another anime show I used to watch:

24) CardCaptors

Edited by robertmannma

Ughhh, anime! Sorry Robert but I hated it - with a passion!

Here's some more programmes from my childhood (apologies if either have been mentioned before) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2BhESCKniw

I have to be honest that I didn't like all anime shows. I liked Pokemon at first but got bored of it after a while and it didn't take me long to realise that Yu-Gi-Oh! was going nowhere. The most pointless one I saw though had to be this one:

25) Beyblade

I gave it a chance because I was into the toys very briefly but a show about battling spinning tops? What were they thinking?!

Don't worry - that will be the last anime video I will be posting. It was mostly just the five that I remember anyway.

i wouldnt want to go to school at grange hill, some of the bullys where mean and scary lol. school was never like that anyway.

You what? I first watched Grange Hill and gave up on it because real schools were not like that at all. If kids didn't need to go to hospital after a fight it wans't a fight when I was at school and teachers were not interested. If a fight got split up on the playground by staff we were thrown into the gym and made to put on these stupid old fashioned boxing gloves and told to knock on the P.E. teachers room door where they would all be having a fag to tell them when we had finished it. If one of us still looked pumped up we would be thrown back in there untill we were knackered.

It kind of worked somehow.

1970 to 1982. All my schools have been closed down and demolished. I was expelled a few times but because they were at the bottom of the ladder anyway they had to take me back. Half of the time I wasn't too sure if I was allowed in school or not so it didn't really matter.