A-S warrior

Im back early

The time seems about right, my mind is settled and im ready to rock this place. ive been in and out and it seems this forum has fallen into a self hating mess. im here to be honest, a good 75% of you come on here now to moan.

The word forum to me, means disscussion. not to have a 'no one has it worse off than me contest' i have news for you, life is hard for everyone, and you are not an exeption! let me tell you something, you only make it harder for yourself by complaining all the time, and even after you have had your moan the problem is still there. not only that, the other members find you irritating, which only builds a barrier between you and the others. also alot of you think you are owed something, quess what? your not. ive seen it too often, people giving advice, only for a member to take exeption to it, and throw back the help back in the posters face. that person your sandbagging is a real human like you, they have feelings and were being kind hearted by taking the time to reply to you. (they really diddnt have to!)

A forum is for advice yes, but its your reasponsibility to take heed of said advice. if you dont understand something, we will expain in a different way.

Anyway intro over, please dont think im being an ass, im merely speaking for the pepole that pm me with there concerns. and to be quite honest, i take reasponsibility for myself, if you dont like my post simply report me, i wont lose sleep.

On other news, one of my forums has been abondoned. ive decided to focus my energy onto this forum, my mission is still the same as ever, i will spread the word, and shout it from the roof tops, aspergers is an ability not a disability. i havent returned to be mr popularity, ive returned now to fulfill my agenda, i dont have time for petty arguments. my mission is to help you become proud of your aspergers, and not see it as a flaw.

but dont worry, i may sound scary, but im still the same old uncle warrior ive always been, a cheeky joker, and an advocate for playful banter. i do find the time for fun as well.

and on that note i couldnt return without a tune, some of you will know this well:

couldnt resist.

Edited by A-S warrior

Hi A-S warrior, great thread :)...I hope you don't mind me asking are you one of the moderators?...I do think this forum is losing its ability to do what it was put up to do...give hope...and it seems it has been allowed to take a negative role on without much interference from the moderators...

I do believe some clear and specific rules do need to be made and there needs to be some sort of clarity in what can be discussed on this forum...eg: Suicidal tendancies...I understand also that there has to be a safety barrier that should not be crossed but you can't stop people who are dealing with those thoughts from expressing those feelings and emotions, other wise what you are doing is cuttting them off from the very help they need...I'm sure there is a way to accomodate both who need that service and those that may find it hard to relate to...

Please try and keep on top of whats going on and why...this forum is needed!

I am going to have to respectfully disagree about Aspergers being an ability rather than a disability. However that is on the grounds that folk are disabled by society.

Folk often have a problem with me due to the lack of sympathy I display towards their situation. I'm not here to pat people on the head and patronise them, however I will offer my honest opinion. My way of trying to show empathy is by using expressions such as 'have you tried....' or 'have you considered.....' also 'that sort of makes sense......' (meaning I have some idea how you feel because I won't ever try and claim I know exactly how someone else feels). To have a response that includes exclamation marks is probably part of what AS Warrior meant.

I do totally disagree with the 'thinking the world owes you a favour' part though as I found that a bit harsh. But have some agreement and some idea what AS Warrior meant.

Hi A-S warrior, great thread :)...I hope you don't mind me asking are you one of the moderators?...I do think this forum is losing its ability to do what it was put up to do...give hope...and it seems it has been allowed to take a negative role on without much interference from the moderators...

I do believe some clear and specific rules do need to be made and there needs to be some sort of clarity in what can be discussed on this forum...eg: Suicidal tendancies...I understand also that there has to be a safety barrier that should not be crossed but you can't stop people who are dealing with those thoughts from expressing those feelings and emotions, other wise what you are doing is cuttting them off from the very help they need...I'm sure there is a way to accomodate both who need that service and those that may find it hard to relate to...

Please try and keep on top of whats going on and why...this forum is needed!

Thankyou, glad you like it. no im not a moderator, i belive in a self moderating forum, each of our profiles belong to us, and as such we own them and should have reasponsibility for our own actions. i like to tell it as i see it. i consider myself an influence (not sure if good or bad yet) but i dont think the boards would have me as a mod lol. i have a very good relationship with the mods though.

I won't ever try and claim I know exactly how someone else feels). To have a response that

exactly it.

but i digress, you were one of the members i was thinking about while posting this, ive seen too many of your exellent posts be rudley written off and retorted with abuse.

Aspergers is not an excuse for rudeness.

im sure you'll agree with that

Edited by A-S warrior

Well at least nobody can slate your time-keeping - better early than late!!

I respect the honesty of the message you put here by the way... and I have to agree with a number of points contained within it, but I'm gonna be annoying and not say which ones.

Kinda liking the new profile pic - see you around :lol:

Edited by darkshine

... However that is on the grounds that folk are disabled by society.

That's a point where I disagree totally. It's not at all a question of society other than the disability (lack of ToM) shows itself simply because society exists. A society where autistics could be totally themselves would disintegrate and thus stop to exist.

E.g., my son insists on collecting bits of paper from the road, regardless whether there's traffic. His ideal society would be one where cars cease to exist whenever he wants to go onto the traffic lanes (no compromise). Is he really disabled (to collect that paper) by the motorists??? I think not.

I agree and disagree AS-warrior. I do agree some people do moan and do not seem to take the advice given and generally do not appear to want to get the help themselves. However as a parent of two boys with ASD I do need to moan or vent whatever you wan to call it,generally not about them but the lack of support or understanding we encounter occassionaly. It can be very lonely,I am a student nurse and I work so I am in contact with people everyday,yet they do not know what it is like to have children with ASD and have not been through all of what I have been through. I feel this is (one of)the only place where people do understand and can relate.

I personally do not look for sympathy and generally speaking I am lucky as all my children (ASD and NT) are doing well. My older two boys are both on the school council,my (almost) 12 year old has had 30merits and is pupil of the month. So I am a very proud mummy that despite everything they are doing so well.I don't like to take all the credit but I personally am a get up and go person I donot like to sit and do nothing and this has rubbed off on them. I have mentioned in the past my story,not that in depth but believe me if people know all what I have been through they would be surprised that I am still standing. I like you would love to tell more people that anything is possible and anyone can achieve whatever they want,I am living proof,but some people are just not like that and will never change. Don't give up though but I have learnt the hard way some people just don't like the truth!

Medical%20model.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1316527845102

Social%20Model.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1316527890869

Above are the illustrations that compare the medical and social models of disabilities.

http://ukdisabilityhistorymonth.com/the-social-model/2011/9/13/understanding-the-social-model-of-disability-the-medical-mod.html

Take 'inaccessible information' as an example, if the majority of governmental literature was in plain English it would mean visitors to the UK and potentially many learning disabled and autistic folk could understand more about their rights as citizens. Hopefully that illustrates the point I was attempting to make (following topics seems to have missed this one for some reason hmmm). Also the social model has an advantage for those in denial, as folk can explain their needs in a way that can be accepted or fruitful to them. Undiagnosed folk can get their needs met under social model of disability instead of needing to have a particular diagnosis.

Edited by trekster

In general, you may be right. Re. autism, however, I think that the social model just doesn't work. "Inaccessible information" are social networking informations which I would need but of course no one is prepared to give them because these informations are part of the relevant persons' privacy. Nonautistics "get" them by guessing correctly, but never talk about them; I don't "get" them, and I don't get them, either. But I cannot invade into someone's privacy to learn about his/her intentions/plans.

For example: "Colleague A, do you think that colleague B is too stupid to do that job?" Even if I NEED that information, how do I get it?

One more thing: I think the new favouritism towards the "social model" is just another way of trying to save money: you don't need help, it's the society's fault, everyone just has to change (but of course they don't).

Edited by Shnoing

Lol, i love you trekster, but your negitivity can be a thread killer at times

Hey? Im very realistic when it comes to my life and others.

BTW Shnoing im female please refer to me as a she or even better

by my user name/name in signature.

Edited by trekster