Sign in to follow this  
LKS

Well done to my NT son

Sometimes when you have children with AS it is diifcult to remind yourself that your NT children have needs as well. My eldest son has never had a dx of anything but has continually struggled at school with apalling handwriting and terrible self organisation. He has been described as many things by his teachers including lazy and un-motivated. In fact once in year 8 when he handed a bit of work into his English teacher the b*****d scribbled red pen all over it and said don't you dare waste my time by handing work like this in again. This was in front of all of the class. When the HOY looked at the work she commented on the fact that it was actually a brilliant bit of writing , just that the presentation was poor. Sorry have gone off the point again :wacko: When my son took his mock G.C.S.E's he got 1 C 4 D'd and 2 E's and 1 U. He was very demoralised and I must admit I had taken my foot off the peddle a bit because I was dealing with such a lot of c**p from my other children's primary school. He didn't bother me because he knew what I was dealing with. How bad does that make me feel :crying: Anyway just wanted to share with you all that today he got 6 C's and 2 B's. I am really proud of him. He has achieved these results with little help from anyone else especially some of the teachers who told him to be realistic as he was likely to fail. I'd like to thank him as well for showing such maturity and understanding of his family situation and the problems his brother and sister face. (I have just shown him this and he is very embarressed)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hi LKS,

Well done to your son :clap::clap::clap::clap:

No wonder you're proud of him. I would be too.

Annie

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

PS Some teachers don't deserve to be teaching :angry::angry:

:wub: oh wow, congratulations mate! :groupwave:

that showed them!!

thanks so much guys. Son has already opened negotiations regarding treat. I think he definitely deserves one because although there were lots of kids that got the As and A*s for them it has been easier (I'm not taking away from their hard work). They have always been expected to do well and the teachers have obviously enjoyed teaching them, but my son deserves an A* for effort. They are all going out to the local harvester to celebrate :party:

:clap: Wow well done, you must be such a proud Mum at the minute, and good on him for proving the doubtful teachers wrong, I did it when I was at school myself, and it felt better proving them wrong than the grades themselves.

Best of luck in whatever he decides to do next, with those grades and the determination he's shown, world is his oyster :thumbs:

Guest flutter

congrats to all NT siblings

they have done better than others considering what they live with

:dance::dance::dance:

This is a big achievment because you have to remember that your NT son has managed this while living in a household with autism, which impacts on all of us.

Brilliant news B):thumbs::clap:

Carole

WOW WELL DONE TO YOUR SON WHAT A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT ITS NOT EASY LIVING IN A HOUSE WITH ASDS ASK MY OLDEST AND YOUNGEST THAT ONE.ONCE AGAIN WELL DONE TO YOUR SON YOU MUST FEEL SO PROUD OF HIM KEEP SMILIN LUV KARIN XX :groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave: