Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

We all need a giggle sometimes

:o god it actually worked :lol: My sons obsession is dinosaurs and he found this hilarious

:lol: Pleased you are still finding that one amusing, my son even told his Psychologist about that one :oops:

This link just seems to go to Microsoft.com.

Though the link to Microsoft Data Protection Manager is pretty funny as Microsoft is the world's largest producer of illegal spam and data theft :fight:

The second link works though ;)

(A word to the wise - this video is actually part of the Cilit Bang advertising campaign, not just someone's bright idea, as they imply)

Edited by littlenemo

Love it! My hubby actually dances about to this now when I play it- he used to go out to all night dance events :hypno: - dragged me to a few- but now we're too old and tend to sleep all weekend. Ar!

A member of the public (at jakazid.net) who was paid by their advertising company to make it. :whistle:

It's called 'viral marketing' and is very sneaky - they create something on the web or that can be emailed and then post it on various 'cool' forums like newgrounds.com. Folks who like it then send it (or a link to it) to their mates, and so on. It means you can get an ad seen by millions of people while only having to pay a couple of thousand quid. And it doesn't have to pass any legal or censorship tests.

There was one for a VW Polo showing a terrorist driving into central Paris, but when he presses the button, only he explodes, not the car. The subliminal message was that the car is really well-built and safe, but they couldn't show it on TV for obvious reasons.

The cillit bang and esure ones are good fun, but I do feel that viewers should know they are still ads.

Sorry, Kerre, I'm not meaning to be rude, just being a cynical old f*rt, I'll get off my soapbox now :lol:

You're right. I stand corrected. Mr. Jakazid is a DJ, not a freelance designer

And I'm now curious. The word in the web design world is that due to a marketing mistake (like the current one that hit the papers last week), the viral came out 3 weeks before the ads were aired.

So who can you believe these days?

Kerre, of course.

sorry to have doubted you :notworthy:

nemo

LOL those are great