Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

I have a date for poss dx.

The hospital called me today following their meeting yesterday (discussing whether or not T has an ASD following his in school observation in Oct) and have given me a date of next Wednesday (16am) at 11am. She didn't say much other than I didn't need to take T with me.

After 4yrs of fighting, I am finally going to get a definate (hopefully) answer for my son's issues. Bit confused though and feeling both scared and frightened of what I will hear whether it be ASD or not. Will post back next Wednesday if I can.

Take Care.

Jules

Hi Jules,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I can only imagine the mixed emotions you must be feeling after such a long time. It's tough waiting, but at least hopefully, you will have some clearer answers soon. Do you have someone you can take with you next week?

I'll be thinking of you

K

Thanks for your replies Siman and Kathryn. Great to know I have people out there who care! >:D<<'>

Kathryn, my siblings all work so I guess I'll be going it alone. I just wish the day was here already!! The first few days following observation at school were bad but then it eased but today has been the worst with me questioning myself but yet thinking back to when he was 2 and remembering all the so so clear traits such as tip toe walking, echoalia etc etc. I honestly don't know what to expect!! :(

:pray::pray: hi its teresa i know excatly what your going throu i had the same thing today was there for two hours but sadley they coulnt confirm the diagnosis for alicia and said she was a very paticular girl that like to do things in repeated ways ect ect i felt like banging my head against the wall :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: but they havent dismiss there are issues and untill she is older andshowing more signs ect ect they carnt confirm but they did mention asdso now im all confused but hey im going on hols tomorrow so will find an internet cafe to see how you doing dont worry you will be finei know its easier said than done but i was actually alot more calmer today than last week as you probably know from my post im keeping my fingers crossed that you get somewere all the best teresa >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :pray: you was only saying last week you wished it was happening to you well your prays have been answered someone must be watching over you :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Tylers-mum :)

It must be very hard for you to wait for a final answer after so many years and no matter how long we wait when a DX come through it is really an emotional mixed up. :wacko:

Hope for you that they will be helpful and considerate in the mean time have plenty of those. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Malika.

Tylersmum

Good luck for next week. I am taking my son on Monday to see a paediatrician who will hopefully be changing his dx from semantic pragmatic language disorder to ASD.

Hope you do get a dx one way or the other, I'll watch with interest this thread to see how you get on.

Lauren

take a friend or neighbour if you can - you will need a shoulder whatever the outcome, they do not have to actually be in the meeting if you don't want them there but you will need to let out emotion or just feel someone's there for you even if you don't want to talk

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

take care

Zemanski

Awwww, Thank You sooooo sooooo much all of you!! I honestly didn't think anyone would remember!!! Thank You!!! It really does mean a lot to me! >:D<<'>

Unfortunately my sister bailed out on me today b/c something has come up so she can't come with me so will be going it alone. If I had someone else to ask I would but my other siblings work etc and my friends all work so I'm stuck!!

I dunno what time I'll manage to post an update tomorrow but it'll be a new post and I WILL post tomorrow ok!

Thank You all once again!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I am taking my son on Monday to see a paediatrician who will hopefully be changing his dx from semantic pragmatic language disorder to ASD.

Hi Lauren,

Did you go to your appointment yesterday? If you did how did it go?