Sign in to follow this  
Jacqs

Many Thanks To You All

I would just like to say a huge thank you to those who have made this board possible and to all the many contributors.

I joined this board almost a year ago, I don't post as you can see from my post count, but rarely does a day pass that I don't look on here even though alot of the time I forget to log in to read. Had it not been for here I wouldn't know 90% of the info that I know now, the so called professionals have given us nothing in the way of information about autism.

I now have an appointment for my son's diagnosis which is the 5th of December, and due to being on here I think I am prepared for what comes next, though I still have lots more to learn. I'm amazed by the things I read on here that relate to my son that I never realised were down to his autism, I only have one child so for me and his dad lots of his behaviour was just (for want of a better word) normal to us. I could come on here and read something and think, wow E does that.

Anyway I won't go on I just wanted to express my thanks and gratitude to you all, you may never realise just what a difference you have made to this families life.

:clap:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :clap:

P.S to Karen, I can't remember what your full screen name is on here much :wub: for giving me the link to this board.

Good Luck for the 5th Jacqs.

I also would like to thank Elefan and Kris for setting up the board and Nellie, bid and baddad for giving up their time and moderating it and keeping it the friendly, helpful place that it is. Also to everyone who posts so that we can all learn from others experiences, thank you very much.

I would just like to say a huge thank you to those who have made this board possible and to all the many contributors. 

I joined this board almost a year ago, I don't post as you can see from my post count, but rarely does a day pass that I don't look on here even though alot of the time I forget to log in to read.  Had it not been for here I wouldn't know 90% of the info that I know now, the so called professionals have given us nothing in the way of information about autism. 

Reading your post I can only echo your words as it's just how I feel about this forum too! My thanks to Elefan, Kris, Nellie and everyone who posts on this board! and in particular to Mossgrove for giving me the link to this board. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Gloria

>:D<<'> Good luck for the 5th >:D<<'>

I also would like to thank Elefan and Kris for setting up the board and Nellie, bid and baddad for giving up their time and moderating it and keeping it the friendly, helpful place that it is. Also to everyone who posts so that we can all learn from others experiences, thank you very much.

Tez, you've summed it up for me too :thumbs:

Annie

XX

Hi,

good luck totally for the 5th....

Prepare yourself for the appointment and don't be fobbed off by them.. you know your child, you can't always pigeonhole them as conveniently as some of these drs would like...

We live with the problems that our children go through every day, they have become the norm to us so be prepared sometimes you will need to break down the problems into easily understandable terms that they can use.. unfortunately cos we live with this as the norm this job can be very hard as not only is it trying to remember stuff that happened a long time back it also can be a bit of a shock to actually acknowledge how much your child does cope and also how much you cope.. I went into our dx meeting not knowing what to expect and came out and burst into tears as I hadn't prepared myself mentally for it all, only focussed on making sure Nick was ok.. So remember this doesn't just mean your child has the dx but you do to...

I hope all goes well for you and that the answers and support are forthcoming...

:robbie:

Thank you for all your good wishes, Ewan was diagnosed with high functioning autism today, it was no great shock as the paed. had prepared us for this, it's actually a relief and tonight I feel 100% better than I did last night.

The great thing about the diagnosis was that Ewan did not need to be there and all the tests and observations had been done before today. His speech therapist who works with him 3 days a week at nursery is on the diagnostic team which was a great thing as she knows him really well.

Both the speech therapist and the paed couldn't have been anymore helpful than they were and they let me ramble on endlessly with things I have been dying to ask for ages. They were also pretty suprised on how much I knew and I told them it was all thanks to this site :D.

Jacqs,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I understand that feeling of relief. I'm glad you got the result you were expecting and that you have such a supportive team of professionals who have the time and patience to answer your questions - it makes all the difference.

This is a great site, isn't it. :) I don't know what I would have done without it myself.

take care,

K