Sign in to follow this  
laine

drama on bbc 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned there is a programme about a family with aspie children in it , its a drama with helena bonham-carterits called the magnificent 7 tuesday not sure of the time

Sorry i am not familiar with this family i am new to this site and aspergers i would be grateful if you could explain and do they have a book?????????.

sorry if i sound a bit vague but as i said all new to me

Laine :wacko:

Sorry i am not familiar with this family i am new to this site and aspergers i would be grateful if you could explain and do they have a book?????????.

sorry if i sound a bit vague but as i said all new to me

Laine :wacko:

Here's her website. An awesome lady who I think is an inspiration to us all. :D (well, she is to me anyway!).

http://www.jacquijackson.com/

which tuesday is this on? wd love to see what theyve made of it :huh:

Apparently, due to all the research into autism and AS she did for the part, Helen Bonham-Carter has strong suspicions that her husband is undiagnosed AS.

Her husband is Tim Burton of Nightmare before Xmas, Corpse Bride, Edward Scissorhands, Batman etc. etc. fame.

Another one to add to list of famous possible Aspies.

there is an article on this prog in the sunday mirror magazine. Luke is now at college and is doing three a levels , he is interested in photography. two of jackies girls are at university and she has just completed a phd and is bringing out an intereactive game for ppl with aspergers.

fabulous!

luke is now 17 lol

So Tim Burton is suspected undiagnosed Aspie then.I wonder what he thinks of his wife Helena Bonham-Carter realising :unsure:

Anothe rone to join the list.More claims to fame. :lol::lol:B)

Just starting reading multicoloured mayhem, cant book book down getting in strife as nothing has been done around the house. lol :lol:

Hmmm ... a close friend of mine, whose brother is in e-mail contact with Jacqui Jackson, told me the other day that Jacqui is "none too impressed" by this drama! :blink: So perhaps we should expect to be disappointed! :unsure:

Anyway, more details on the programme can be found here, on the BBC Two web site's listings pages, and here in even more depth. You can see a preview clip on the latter page, and I see a contradiction to what I just said there too (regarding Jacqui's opinion of the show)! :lol::wacko: So I guess we'll have to draw our own conclusions. Reviews of the show can also be left on that latter page I linked to above.

I've also put the show on the forum calendar, and it appears towards the bottom of the main page of the forum too, so hopefully it shouldn't be forgotten! :pray:

James

EDIT: Sounds like Jacqui's been misquoted a lot (according to my friend), and genuinely isn't happy with the programme. :shame:

Edited by Gordie

The Radio Times has this to say about it (among other things):

"This drama is a terrific way of highlighting what autism is (and showing, as the Jackson family say, that "different is cool"), while giving a glimpse of how confusing the world is to an autistic child. Bonham Carter's Maggi is feisty, sexy, yet down to earth, and the children are engaging even when creating mayhem. But why did the programme-makers feel the need to stray into fiction with the introduction of a school caretaker as Maggi's love interest? "

Just from that I can see why Jacqui Jackson might not be happy with it. We'll still watch it though.