Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

Urgent ends 31 Dec! ?60 rebate for British Gas customers on benefits.

I've been trying to get through for hours. I tried the General Enquiries line and they said they'd pass on my details to the right department. Yeah right! I bet they don't. I asked the man if i would still qualify if they didn't receive my details by tomorrow and he said yes (I took his name!).

Good luck everyone. ?60 is a lot of money, especially when the heating is on all day because it's soooo cold out there!

Loulou x

I got through!!! I got through!!! Yayyy me!!! LOL

I did need my customer number and had to be put through to another area to get there as I couldn't find it here but managed to get through again fine!! I get a cheque for ?20 in Jan and another ?20 between Jan-Apr!!

The guy said it's really quiet there at the moment so keep trying and you will succeed. He said it'll be even quieter the closer to 8pm (closing time) you get so try then too.

Edited by Tylers-mum

I got through!!!! This time I only had to wait a few minutes for someone to answer my call!

:thumbs: A cheque of ?60 will be forwarded to us in due course! :)

Thanks again Phas for another great tip-off :clap:

:clap: Yay i got through too!!! two lots of twenty credited to my account then two lots of ten to my electricity account! Woohoo. :P Had to wait ages til i got through but it's so worth it, bet they're wondering how everybody knows now :whistle::lol:

Thanks Phas (and Martin!) :wub:

Just had a call from my mum (who is with powergen :( ) who passed this onto a friend of hers in her 70's. This little old lady (sorry if that upsets any other 'LOL's out there but that's what mum's friend is :D )is over the moon as she got both for having both - if you follow. I am so pleased that spreading the word has helped people save/retain/get back some money.

All hail Martin says I :notworthy:

wow this topic is causing a storm on another forum i go on,someone has said that why should only the "FREELOADERS" get this rebate,you can imagine my reaction :angry: ###### freeloaders indeed.

Ive kept trying and because its all automated just left message. Hope its enough

Damn I am with London Energy, might switch to British Gas next year-

EDIT***

Change that just rang them got to ring Monday-Friday between 8am and 4pm on 08000969000 as the advisor said she is sure they also do a similar rebate system and doesn't think they have a deadline, I'll give them a call on Tuesday and see what they say.

Edited by lil_me

Nellie,

I hadn't realised I would get to this many posts today, I thought it might be over the weekend. Somehow I have been quite active (forum wise) today...and I even went out shopping as well! (Mrs P can drag me away from the net on occasions!) 500 posts seemed to take ages to reach...1000 has raced here. I ought to think of something special to cormorant carrot concentrate commiserate commemorate it...hmm

Suggestions?

i actually got through to a lady tonight got the number of site saying house.uk[i think] its to do with british gas anyway shes putting the form through she said with info on my account.this was at 11.30 ish tonight if anyones trying

but i will also ring tomorrow just to make sure as i know these things get misplaced easy :P

:clap: i got through at 9.2o this morning -getting 2 lots of ?30-one in jan other towards april or she said ?60 altogether at one time.

i tryed other numbers to and they didnt really know of it and started saying they will send me forms out in post.

i stuck at it and got through on the phone number that was first posted on here .as i didnt trust the folk to sort it. :P

:clap::clap: Just got through and we will be ?40 better off thanks to you. Brilliant what a great start to the new year.

Thinking of a way to help and thought of this.

AN ode to phasmid

What can a buy for Phasmid I cry

Theres lots in the shops but no money to buy

Friendship costs nothing so thats what I ll give

I ll give him my friendship as long as I live.

Hi Phas,

Thank-you! Thank -you! Thank- you!

Just got through and got ?60.

If people think we're free-loaders, then i'd like to see them survive on what i get paid!

Kai just asked me what i was doing on the phone, so i told him. This is our conversation,

Kai "?60? That's not much."

Me "That's alot of money. You can buy alot of food with ?60."

Kai "Well, it's not enough to buy a Virgin Voyager."

Who said you were getting the money anyway? Monkey!

Loulou x

If anyone wants to wind up a 'your a freeloader' motormouth post this on the forum where the comment was made at about 4.58pm tonight:

Re British Gas winter fuel rebate scheme:

Well, I just put the phone down from talking to a very nice man/woman at British Gas. I have registered for my rebate which will be sent shortly. They were ever so good about it. I didn't even have to provide proof of my benefits to them. When I asked him why not he simply said "People in benefits have enough to put up with when some people can't see past their benefit as to why they get it." I didn't understand what he was getting at so I asked hime what he meant "Simple" he answered "People in your position are normaly there through some misfortune, not choice. Your not where you are for the money, some people see your situation, whatever it may be, as a means of getting money for nothing. I know thats not true. Who would need to ask for a rebate if they didn't need it...you deserve it." How nice. What got me was the fact that those who accuse those of us on benefits as 'freeloaders' could have claimed this rebate to just by lying about their income/benefits...but why would they do that? I was lucky to get through, they were just closing. Still, must remember to ring them next year.

Hopefully they'll choke on their mince pie,/new years drink or whatever!

OK GUYS, I POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER SITE I VISIT SO LOTS OF PEOPLE THERE GETTING THE REBATE TOO! :thumbs: BUT, SOMEONE POSTED THAT THEY WERE TOLD THAT THIS OFFER HAS BEEN EXTENDED TIL THE END OF JANUARY, DUNNO IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT BUT IT'S WHAT WAS SAID SO JUST INCASE YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH TODAY, THE OFFER IS SUPPOSEDLY STILL RUNNING. :clap::thumbs:

Thanks again Phas and Martin! :thumbs:

Edited by Tylers-mum

If anyone wants to wind up a 'your a freeloader' motormouth post this on the forum where the comment was made at about 4.58pm tonight:

Re British Gas winter fuel rebate scheme:

Well, I just put the phone down from talking to a very nice man/woman at British Gas. I have registered for my rebate which will be sent shortly. They were ever so good about it. I didn't even have to provide proof of my benefits to them. When I asked him why not he simply said "People in benefits have enough to put up with when some people can't see past their benefit as to why they get it." I didn't understand what he was getting at so I asked hime what he meant "Simple" he answered "People in your position are normaly there through some misfortune, not choice. Your not where you are for the money, some people see your situation, whatever it may be, as a means of getting money for nothing. I know thats not true. Who would need to ask for a rebate if they didn't need it...you deserve it." How nice. What got me was the fact that those who accuse those of us on benefits as 'freeloaders' could have claimed this rebate to just by lying about their income/benefits...but why would they do that? I was lucky to get through, they were just closing. Still, must remember to ring them next year.

Hopefully they'll choke on their mince pie,/new years drink or whatever!

totally agree phas,and ive told the narrow minded a*^e H*@es exactly what i think of them,some lass on there even tried to say that she was ringing british gas to complain about it!!!because she chose not to have kids so why should she pay for others??beggars belief,but theirs always going to be people with their heads so far up there own arses they cant see the wood for the trees,never mind,i much prefer the nice people on here who know what lifes really about >:D<<'>

damn! we just changed our suppliers over cos of that programme make me rich lol. we were with british gas lol.

Thanks Phas,

I passed the info on to my sister (I'm not with BG :( ) and she managed to get through today, they said they will send her details of how much and when she will get it. :thumbs:

I dont think they were supposed to say but, the person said that the time limit for getting it had been extended for another two days, so dont know which one is true, end of Jan, or just two days. :wacko:

Oh well, you can but try.

Thanks

Brook

Forgot to mention this earlier... British Gas returned my phone call today - regarding the winter fuel rebate :huh:

I asked if the deadline for applying for the rebate had been extended and the gent said that it was to be extended for at least another week due to the huge demand in phone calls made to BG this past week or so.

But he did mention that there isn't anything in writing/any official notification from BG to confirm the extention.